Leibniz University of Hannover: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1831, Leibniz University of Hanover is a public institution situated in Hannover, Germany. The university aims on providing the students with an insight of research along with teaching. The university is among the oldest and largest in Germany and offers 87 degree programs in various disciplines including engineering, natural sciences, architecture, environmental planning, law, social sciences and humanities.
Winter semester of 2020 will start from October 12, 2020. Nearly 31,000 researchers are carrying out research work at this institute, making it a perfect place to pursue higher education in Germany. The Leibniz University of Hanover has nine faculties. By working closely with the industry, the university has been supporting the transfer of technology, start-ups and continuing academic education.
Leibniz University of Hannover Ranking
- The QS World University ranking of Leibniz University for the year 2020-21 is between 651-700.
- The QS WUR by the Subject ranking of Leibniz University for the year 2020-21 is between 201-250.
- The Center for Higher Education (CHE) ranked Mechanical Engineering as one of the top-ranking fields in the categories “funding per researcher” and “doctorates per professor”
- CHE has ranked Civil engineering among the top fields in the categories “professional experience in the master’s degree program” and “funding per researcher”
- The Master’s degree program in Economics and Industrial Engineering is placed in the top group of many categories in the current CHE Ranking for Master’s degree programs.
|Number of degree programs||87|
|Work while study||Available|
|Annual Budget||253 Million EUR|
|Cost of attendance||7488.87 EUR per semester|
|Admission helpdesk||+49 511 762 2020 | email@example.com|
Leibniz University of Hannover Campus
- Hannover is the most central city in Germany and one of the greenest cities in Europe.
- The campus of Leibniz University offers students a wide range of cultural facilities, sporting activities, colourful festivals and numerous green spaces for relaxation.
- The most interesting destination in Hanover is definitely the Herrenhausen Gardens surrounded by the white marble statues and baroque flower arrangements.
- The Sea Life Hannover is the aquarium in the mountain garden offering fascinating underwater world creatures from the sea.
Leibniz University of Hannover Residence
- Studentenwerk Hannover provides the students with 18 residences. Few of the residence halls are:
- Student residence Klaus Bahlsen
- These residence halls are situated in the vicinity of the University library and lecture halls.
- Dorms are accommodated with a communal kitchen, washing machine and parking area.
- The communal kitchens are equipped with stoves with hobs, ovens, automatic baking machines, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers.
- In the rooms, students are provided with access to the internet, television and telephone connection.
- Students can also reside in private apartments situated near the University premises.
Leibniz University of Hannover Programs
- Over 80 degree courses are offered by Leibniz University to students all across the globe.
- Students can pursue Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in architecture, fine arts, biomedical engineering, computer science, law and many more.
- Nine faculties collectively offer full-time and part-time courses thus making Leibniz University of Hannover one of the largest higher education institutions in Lower Saxony.
- University has 1,100 academic employees and more than 300 professors associated with research and teaching.
Leibniz University of Hannover Admissions
International candidates interested in getting admission at the Leibniz University of Hannover must keep in mind the following important information.
- Bachelor students may apply through uni-assist.
- Master students need to apply directly at the official website of the university.
- Winter Session – July 15
- Summer Session – January 15
- Previous education transcripts
- German language proficiency test score:
- At the time of application – B1
- At enrolment – C1
Recognized tests - DSH 2, TestDaF 4*4, Telc C1 Hochschule
Leibniz University of Hannover Cost of Attendance
- To pursue graduate and postgraduate courses in the University, international students from non-EU countries have to pay tuition fee along with semester fee.
- Semester fee includes administrative fee, semester ticket for free public transport, Student Service fee and Student Parliament fee.
- Cost of attendance of different courses varies depending upon the subjects of study and personal expenses of the students.
|Expenses||Amount (Per Semester)|
|Tuition fee||1,500 EUR|
|Semester fee||408.87 EUR|
|Monthly Expense in EUR|
|Travel Expenses||94 EUR|
|Health Insurance||80 EUR|
|Broadcasting fee, net etc||31 EUR|
|Study material||20 EUR|
Leibniz University of Hannover Financial Aid
- There are many options to fund studying in Germany for international students.
- The Deutschlandstipendium scholarship holders receive grants of 300 EUR per month for two semesters.
- State Scholarship Lower Saxony provides financial aid of 500 EUR monthly to undergraduate and graduate students.
- KfW loan provides a grant of 650 EUR per month to international students.
- Short-Term Scholarships for Foreign Students (STIBET) aims to provide financial aid of nearly 1000 EUR to international students with a good academic record.
- The University Office for International Affairs offers grants to international students from countries outside the EU, but unfortunately due to the current Coronavirus crisis, all the financial aid for international students has been used up.
Leibniz University of Hannover Alumni
- The Alumni network of Leibniz University acts as a bridge to link alumni and current students.
- Such a network gives the students better insight into the real world and provides them with good employment opportunities.
- Through alumni magazine, LeibnizCampus alumni can stay connected with alma mater.
- The alumni office offers events every semester at a special location like Lower Saxony State Museum, the Aeroacoustic Wind Tunnel, the Playhouse, the Great Wave Canal, the Wilhelm Busch Museum and the Hanover Zoo exclusively for alumni.
- Notable alumni of Leibniz University:
- Alfred Heinrich Bucherer - German physicist known for his experiments on relativistic mass.
- Ernst Pascual Jordan - German theoretical and mathematical physicist who made significant contributions to quantum mechanics and quantum field theory
- Khuloud Khalil Daibes - Palestinian architect and former politician and diplomat.
- Julia Westlake - German television presenter.
Leibniz University of Hannover Placements
- The university provides career service for students seeking career guidance and advice.
- The ZQS offers individual consultation and workshops each semester to help international students prepare for the job market in Germany.
- Eligible students can apply for a job at the university for a lectureship or university professor post.
- Companies like Bloomberg, Hannover Ruck SE, ROLAND Legal Protection Insurance Ltd., the meckering, Municipality of Uteze, and likes come to Leibniz University for placement.
- The university has a job portal where employers post job offers, and students apply as per their interest and eligibility.
- Currently, there are 269 job offers on the portal out of which 220 are for graduate students, 68 in Hannover, and 122 offers are post just two weeks ago.
- Students can easily find jobs through multiple portals including Stellenticket, Make it in Germany, and Job fair of the Federal Employment Agency.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #501 - #600
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #301 - #400
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
Ranked #651 - #700
After completing my high school, I was confused in two streams i.e. law and information technology. I found a course which is a mixture of both things. There were no such colleges offering that course at my place. Therefore, I opted for this college after reading a lot of good reviews. I have applied via the uni-assist app and paid € 75 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
My program is designed for four years and combines the proven legal basic training with a specialization in IT and IP law and first experience abroad. These are very advantageous in these legal areas since many areas are overlaid under European law.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary