University of Konstanz: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
University of Konstanz is a public university in Konstanz in Baden-Württemberg, Germany and was founded in 1966. They provide more than 100 programs. University of Konstanz has ties with many renowned institutions, such as Harvard, Johns Hopkins University, Yale University, the University of Chicago, UC Berkeley, University of Zurich, and the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
University of Konstanz strongly prioritizes internationality and interdisciplinary collaborations. The university participates in scientific collaborations and exchange programs with more than 70 universities worldwide, making it one of the elite universities in Germany.The intake of international students is 13%, indicating it is a multicultural institute to study in Germany. The ratio of female to male is 55:45 at the University of Konstanz.
University of Konstanz Rankings
University of Konstanz is ranked:
- #417th globally and 34th among all the German universities according to CWUR.
- QS top universities have ranked university of Konstanz 443(tie) in the global world ranking for year 2021.
- University of Konstanz is ranked 511 in best global universities by US NEWS for year 2021 and 36 for best global universities in Germany.
- THE ranked the university between 251 – 300 for world university rankings 2021.
University of Konstanz Highlights
|Number of programs||More than 100|
|Number of professors||210|
|Budget||188.65 million EUR|
|For general firstname.lastname@example.org|
University of Konstanz Campus
- The campus of the University of Konstanz is spread across approximately 90,000 square meters and lies in the city of Gießberg.
- The 13 departments of the university are divided into three faculties: Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Politics, Law and Economics.
- Students can live on campus as well as off campus.
- Due to high demand for on campus accommodation they use lottery method for allotting the room to students. Therefore it is advisable to apply for on campus accommodation as soon as possible.
- Seezeit Student Services has total of 2,400 rooms for rent. The rooms are either single or double apartments as well as in shared flats.
- Off campus accommodation includes private residential hall, temporary hall and more. Adds are posted by the private residential hall owner about vacancy of the room. Or candidate can also search for renting room online.
University of Konstanz Residence
- There are many on campus and off campus housing options for international students studying in Germany.
- Apart from the residence halls offered by student services, there are various other options to look for staying in the city such as the private housing market, other residence halls in the area, online housing exchange, and options for temporary housing.
- The students should apply for a room as soon as possible because it’s often time-consuming for finding a place to stay in Konstanz.
- Student services can rent rooms in one of the 13 residence halls in Konstanz.
- After getting shifted to the city, all students are legally obliged to register with the authority within two weeks8.
University of Konstanz Programs
- The number of programs at University Konstanz exceeds 100 due to the plethora of study areas.
- Biological Science, Economics, German language, Life Science, etc are some of the top-notch admission restricted courses of bachelor programs.
- Chemistry, Anthropology, Computer Science, and History are some of the most popular bachelor programs which are not restricted.
- Computer and Information Science, Anthropology, Economics, Mathematics are the most popular master’s programs.
- University’s the new program “Advanced Data and Information Literacy Track” (ADILT), which started on 7 May 2020, complements all study programs at the University of Konstanz with the fundamentals of computer science, data processing methods and their legal foundations as well as a reflection on their relevance for society.
University of Konstanz Admission Process
All non German applicants need to apply as international applicants, hence, there are many additional requirements for getting admission at the University of Konstanz.
- Like all other German Universities, the students have to get their previous educational degrees recognized according to the German status
- Once this has been done, students have to choose a program to apply for and confirm if they are eligible for them
- Students can apply for three courses at most
Application portal: Online portal of University
Application fee: None
- Application deadline for the winter semester for admission restricted courses is 20th of August and for the admission-free courses, it is the 15th of September.
- The deadlines for summer semester 15th of January and 15th of March for admission restricted and admission free courses respectively.
After the online application, the following documents are required to be submitted via post along with the application form to the University of Konstanz:
- Proof of the highest earned degree and get it recognized according to the status of German abitur.
- Official transcripts of the previous academic programs.
- Grade card for a minimum required grade point average
- Language requirements depending on the specific programs
- Scores of tests to study in Germany including proof of language proficiency
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the University is asking for the documents to be sent only electronically.
University of Konstanz Cost of Attendance
- From the winter semester of 2017/18, it has been mandatory for all international students from Non-EU countries to pay a tuition fee of 1,500 EUR for their first degree and 650 EUR for the second degree.
- At least 754 EUR must be kept with students for their cost of living.
- This expenditure includes the expenses for health insurance, rents, buy essentials, etc.
- The breakdown of this cost is shown in the below table.
|Expenses||Cost in EUR|
|Rent including utilities||352|
- An additional cost per semester of approximately 272 EUR is required for re-registration, to get a study ticket.
- This study ticket will provide the students with the facility of free public transportation in and around the city and some discounts at the shops, malls, cafeterias also.
University of Konstanz Placements
- University of Konstanz is well known college in Germany as well as internationally. Its facilitats students with modern technology throught which they are able to gain skills and knowledge according to the need of job market.
- University of Konstanz arranges career fair for students in which various companies participate. In that career fair there are various opportunities for students:
- Directly contact employer’s representative who works in the company environment.
- Receive information about a company first-hand.
- Test ability to present yourself and gain insight into different company cultures.
- University has separate mentor programmes for students who have completed their doctoral studies and want to prepare for their professional careers in business, politics or culture.
- In mentoring programme they have mentors who are experienced professionals from business, culture, politics and science. They guide the mentees on the topics of career entry, professional career, self-employment, application procedures or the compatibility of family responsibilities and work.
- University of Konstanz is ranked between 251-300 for “graduate employability rank” by QS top universities.
- According to emolument website, Average salary for Konstanz University alumni & graduates.
University of Konstanz Salary Prospects by Job
|Job position||Average salary|
|Executive management and change||$173,000|
University of Konstanz Salary Prospects by Degree
|Master of arts||$173,000|
|Master of science||$151,000|
University of Konstanz Financial Aid
- There’s a wide range of funding opportunities for international students in Germany.
- The University of Konstanz offers some scholarships but are limited in amount.
- Other providers are DAAD, efellow scholarships, Stipendienlotse.
- To get a loan in Germany as an international student is a very painstaking task.
- Therefore students are advised to get involved in some student jobs to meet their monthly expenditure19.
- The University of Konstanz provides the German Academic Exchange Service which is the largest scholarship organization in Germany for international students and provides scholarships for research internships, master's programs, and doctoral studies.
University of Konstanz Alumni
Notable alumni of University of Konstanz include:
- Ingo Zamperoni, German television presenter
- Ingo Lenßen, German jurist
- Zoran Đinđić, Politician
- Schön scandal, German physicist
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #151 - #175
RANKED #251 - #300
View More >>
QS World University
I used to love reading physics during my school days. I had a penchant for this subject, and Germany was a nation I always wanted to study my bachelors in. Therefore, with the help of a consultancy, I came across this college and went ahead to fill the online application form.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum is composed of lectures, seminars, and lab courses required to complete the studies. The initial semester introduces to the core of mathematics which is later on required to solve the equations of physics. Also, I have the option of taking up a minor subject. After building the foundation, the sophomore year comprises more of labs and practicals wherein experiments are carried out. I personally feel the curriculum is although extensive but that's what makes it interesting.
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary