University of Hohenheim: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1818, University of Hohenheim public, research-oriented, campus university located in Germany. With a campus spreading across the area of 160,021 meter square, the institute exhibits an excellent example of collaboration of research and teaching. University of Hohenheim offers 10 undergraduate programs and 25 graduate programs in the areas relevant to the society. These include Bioeconomy, Global Food Security & Ecosystems and Health Sciences. In the winter semester of 2018, 9,235 students enrolled in various degree programs in the University. 15% of all the students studying in the University comprise of International students, indicating that it's a popular option for foreign students who wish to study in Germany. Currently due to COVID-19, University campus has been closed till further notice.
University of Hohenheim Ranking
University of Hohenheim is ranked:
- #201 –250 by QS World University Ranking 2020
- #1 in Germany for Agricultural research by QS World ranking 2020
- #1 in Germany by the Center of World University Rankings (CWUR)
- #3 in Baden-Württemberg by Start-up Radar 2018
- #101-125 by European Teaching Ranking 2019
- #201-250 in Agricultural sciences and Biology by Times Higher Education (THE) 2020 – World University Ranking
|Number of degree programs||40|
|Annual Budget||161.9 Million EUR|
|Cost of attendance||18,490 EUR per semester|
|Number of International students||1,380 (14.9%)|
|Admission helpdesk||+49 (0)711 459 24206 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
University of Hohenheim Campus
- University of Hohenheim is located in South of Stuttgart which is near the airport, Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre and Autobahn.
- The campus at Hohenheim is famous for Hohenheim Palace surrounded by Historical park and botanical gardens.
- Hohenheim Palace now houses parts of the University of Hohenheim and is surrounded by lecture halls, canteen and libraries.
- State rooms are open during concerts, lectures and for tours.
- Three famous museums in Hohenheim are:
- German Agricultural Museum – It displays the path leading the visitors through the history of agriculture.
- Zoology and Veterinary Museum – This museum has Impressive collection of animal specimens and artfully crafted Xylothek.
- History of Hohenheim Museum – As the name suggests, this museum displays the history of the location, the Palace, and the University.
University of Hohenheim Residence
- Students can find accommodation in residence halls located near the University campus at various locations:
- Residence halls in Fruwirthstraße provide accommodation to students at a monthly rent of 257-270 EUR and a deposit of 400 EUR.
- Dorms in Fruwirthstraße are accommodated with a common kitchen, laundry, parking area and BBQ area.
- In Chausseefeld, rooms are provided to students with 3-5 flat shares at the cost of 286 EUR per month.
- Halls are fully furnished with amenities like chairs, closet, mattress and writing desk.
- Schwerzstraße residence halls are furnished single rooms in 4 room flats available at monthly rent of 230-323 EUR.
- Dorms are accommodated with community kitchen, music room, table tennis table, BBQ area, elevator, laundry and parking area.
- Dormitories in Pestalozzistrasse are accommodated with their own kitchen and bathroom at rent of nearly 298 EUR per month.
- In the rooms, students are provided with access to internet, television and telephone connection.
University of Hohenheim Programs
- The university brings together the Faculties of Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- University of Hohenheim provides programs across a wide range of subjects.
- The university offers single subject as well as double subject Bachelor’s degree courses.
- Students can pursue Master’s degrees in various disciplines including Business Administration, Bioinformatics, Nutritional science, History and Psychology.
- The Department of Linguistics offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Computational linguistics.
University of Hohenheim Admissions
International students need to keep these in mind if applying for admission at the University of Hohenheim:
- Application Deadlines
- Winter Semester- 15 July
- 30 September- For Agricultural Biology, Agricultural Sciences and Biobased Products and Bioenergy
- Summer Semester- 15 January (Studienkolleg-preparatory course)
- 31 March- Admission to first semester Agricultural Sciences (B.Sc.) or in a higher subject-related semester.
- Admission Requirements
- High School Leaving Certificate; Bachelor’s Degree (master’s program)
- Apply via Uni-assist for preliminary document verification
- Application fee (75 EUR for first choice of program, 30 EUR for every additional desired course)
- Proof of Sufficient German Proficiency: TestDaF (level 4 in all sections), DSH- 2; or level B2 German Certificate for admission into a preparatory course (Studienkolleg)
- Orientation Test
- Apply via University Online Application after verification of documents
- Additional Requirements: Passport Photo & Copy; Proof of Health Insurance; Proof of financial resources.
Admission requirements for a master's program vary depending on the degree course chosen.
University of Hohenheim Cost of Attendance
- To pursue graduate and post graduate courses in University of Hohenheim, international students have to pay tuition fee along with semester fee.
- International students who have qualified German university entrance qualification are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Semester fee includes administrative fee, semester ticket for free public transport, Student Service fee and Student Parliament fee.
- Cost of attendance of different courses vary depending upon the subjects of study.
|Expenses||Amount ( Per Semester)|
|Tuition fee||1,500 EUR|
|Semester fee||184.90 EUR|
|Other expenses||4,494 EUR|
University of Hohenheim Financial Aid
- The University of Hohenheim and federal Government offer different scholarships and financial aids to meritorious students in need of financial help.
- KfW loan provides a grant of 650 EUR per month to the international students. Students must apply for KfW loan before June 1, 2020.
- Germany Scholarship (Deutschlandstipendium) provides the students with grants of 300 euros per month funded jointly by the state and private donors.
- The State Graduate program offers a grant of 1000 euros per month to eligible postgraduate students for a year.
- Short-Term Scholarships for Foreign Students (STIBET) aims to provide financial aid of nearly 1000 EUR to international students with good academic record.
- The Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim has launched a new interest-free loan on April 22, the Corona Loan with relaxed award criteria.
- It provides grants without interest up to 450 EUR for the month of April and May - a total of up to 900 EUR .
University of Hohenheim Alumni
- Alumni network of Hohenheim maintains connections between the University, former students and former employees to establish a global network.
- This Network acts as an institutional platform for exchanging knowledge and experience among the members.
- University of Hohenheim alumni can thus contribute to the development of their alma mater innovatively and vibrantly.
- Notable alumni of University of Hohenheim:
- Winfried Kretschmann - German politician serving as Minister-President of Baden-Württemberg since 2011.
- Clarissa Corrêa da Silva - German television presenter and editor.
- Cornelia Ulrich - Executive Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center at Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- Chinedum Uzoma Nwajiuba - Current Vice-Chancellor of the Alex Ekwyeme Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo in Ebonyi, Nigeria.
- Vivienne Hu - American fashion designer
University of Hohenheim Placements
- Career Center Hohenheim (CCH) acts as mediator between studies and jobs and students & companies.
- It helps in establishing contacts of the graduates with the professional world through events, seminars and internships.
- University of Hohenheim as an Entrepreneurial University offers sponsorships to startups with innovative ideology.
- An external provider named JobTeaser works along with the University of Hohenheim’s CareerCenter to assist the graduates in finding suitable jobs according to their profile.
- Erasmus + is the program launched by European Union with the aim of improving skills of the prospective graduates and postgraduates hence providing them with better employment.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #301 - #400
QS World University
RANKED #651 - #700
All throughout my studies and professional careers I have always dealt with sustainable economic development as my core principles. This also reflected when my interests revolved around studies related to agriculture. Further, when I received fellowship to continue with same subject from one of the reputed institutions in Germany, I couldn't say no.
Course Curriculum :
Master's program deals with economic and agricultural policy relationships between the agricultural and food economy, the environment, and rural areas. Economic growth, sustainability, and social justice are central topics, especially in an international and development-related context.
Ranked # 1 Agricultural University in Germany, beautiful campus outside the city centre but close and fast connections to the city with part time student opportunities are available, dormitory close to the campus, relevancy to my profile and career goals
Course Curriculum :
Good and organized however as it is an agricultural university therefore most of the focus would be on agricultural applications of all the software and programming languages learned. Courses are good, quality of education is high and sufficient sources are provided to students relevant to the module including the excursions to different sites and lab work.
I want to specialize in this particular subject of plant breeding and do my studies in Europe. I had applied only for one University and got selected.
Course Curriculum :
Hohenheim is the top most university for plant breeding (whole agricultural sciences) in Germany. its 8th in Europe and 15th in the world. Its quite affordable to live in Germany as students are allowed to do part time jobs. Its a very student friendly country. There are internships in other course but in my course I had no internships although I did a voluntary internship in a company.
UOH is one of the premium school for agriculture in the world. Because of 3 reasons., 1) Excellent Teaching and education 2) Excellency in research and its advanced approaches 3) International community
Course Curriculum :
Anyways, its excellent you will get opportunity to meet and collaborate all the stakeholders in the field. E.g., In the very first year i got opportunity to collaborate with International livestock research institute and am working for them.
I was always passionate about Crop sciences. And unfortunately, I could not pursue it at the bachelor's level so I opted for it for the master's degree. Then I came across the University of Hohenheim. I applied to the university with the help of an online application.
Course Curriculum :
How the Crop scientists develop cultivation systems that have high yields and are also ecological and sustainable is being taught to me. The program is therefore designed to train us to take on scientific tasks in research institutions and the private sector. I am offered a well-founded methodological and biotechnological education through this curriculum.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary