University of Tuebingen: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Tuebingen is a public higher education institute globally renowned for its excellence in teaching and research-intensive programs. With a history that is more than 500 years old, it is one of the oldest and top German universities located in the medieval town of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The university also associates itself with a great number of Nobel Laureates.
Founded in 1477, the institute houses approximately 27,196 students, with 5,219 enrollments every year. A great number of international students also seek admission at the university with 3,779 of them for the 2019-20 academic year. The university provides more than 200 programs with innovative courses like Islamic Theology, Media Informatics, etc. Research and innovation is the primary aim with research funding of 200 million EUR for the institution.
Admissions at University of Tuebingen are available in the 2 seasonal intakes of Winter and Summer and follow different application deadlines for its range of courses. The institute allows fair and equal chance to allow quality education and thus does not charge any application fee from its aspirants hoping to study in Germany.
University of Tuebingen is one of the most sought amongst universities in Germany and hence has received the following rankings as per research surveys-
- #91 in the World University Ranking 2020.
- 74th Best Global University in Europe by US News.
- ARWU Rankings has placed University of Tuebingen on #8 and #10 rank.
- 10th Best Global University in Germany by US News.
|Annual Budget (2017)||562.5 million EUR|
|Number of Degree Programs Offered||335|
|Tuition Fee for International Students||1,500 EUR|
|International Student Percentage||14.2 %|
|Total Number of Professors||533|
|Annual Estimated Cost of Attendance (international)||11,432 EUR|
|Contact International Office||+49 7071 29-77735 | email@example.com|
Campus and Accommodation
- The main campus is located in the city of Tuebingen, Baden-Württemberg, where there is an opportunity for industry-on-campus professorship. This way the companies do not establish the entire research centre, but involve motivated scientists in the campus research activities. However, it’s one of the universities that are spread across a town.
- The University Library containing manuscripts, texts, journals and media integral to research studies is the biggest asset on the university campus. Apart from the main building, Ammerbau and Bonatzbau also form part of the library.
- Students can form student councils, such as those of sport groups or students’ initiative groups to help the administration operate the educational and cultural activities of students better.
- Apart from the academic excellence, the university also engages students in the cultural front. Baroque music, seminary choir, orchestra, community dance groups and theatre groups are some such engagements.
- University of Tuebingen has a museum of its own considering the decades long history that they have. The museum features teaching methodologies, research studies, etc.
- Two students’ service organizations allocate accommodation for University of Tuebingen students. These organizations are Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim and Tübinger Studierendenwerk.
- All the residence options have basic amenities and voluntary internet connection provided by the service provider. Apart from the traditional students’ lodgings, one can also opt for private accommodation as per choice that can be studio apartments, family apartments, etc.
- Online application for apartment is to be drafted well before 15 July for the following winter semester. The decision for accommodation is informed 6-8 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Application for housing can be drafted even before receiving the admission decision.
- The average rental cost in Tuebingen is 298 EUR.
- University of Tuebingen offers multiple programs for international students on Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral levels. These programs are from diverse disciplines such as Medicine, Law, Theology, Economics, etc.
- The university also offers courses from programs in innovative fields such as Geoecology, Nanoscience, Media Informatics, Sports Management, and Islamic Theology.
- Some of the courses are solely taught in English and do not require a person to show German proficiency proof. Popular courses from this category are M.Sc. Economics, Master of Law, M.Sc. International Economics, M.Sc. Biochemistry, and M.Sc. Molecular Medicine.
- M.Sc. Biochemistry program fills 35 seats from students who have scored well in bachelor's, the entrance exam and also have a good CV. No less than 2.8 as per German grading system on bachelor’s level are accepted for this course.
- M.Sc. International Economics invites applicants with basic knowledge in the fields of microeconomics, macroeconomics, trade theory and policy and quantitative methods. Apart from that the selection process is decently hard and in the final step applicants are interviewed by faculty members.
University of Tuebingen Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal: Online application
Application Fees: NIL
Supporting Documents: Following documents must be kept ready before beginning to apply for the University of Tuebingen-
- Certificate of university entrance exam.
- Official transcripts and approved translation.
- Academic records
- Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- German language qualification proof (TestDAF or DSH)
- English language qualification proof (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
- Proof of work experience (if any)
- Proof of completed service (if applicable)
- Financial guarantee proof
- Copy of passport
- Resume (if applicable)
- Motivational letter
- APS certificate for applicants from Vietnam and China.
University of Tuebingen Cost of Attendance
- The institute does not charge any tuition fees from students belonging to countries of European Union. Instead they are required to submit a semester fee that includes social fee, students’ body fee and administrative fee.
- Semester fee payable for Summer 2020 was 158,30 EUR.
- Non-EU students have to pay a 1,500 EUR tuition fee per semester. This applies only to those who are starting a new course during the winter session.
- The average cost of living in Germany when studying at Tuebingen is 794 EUR and can be broken down in the following format-
|Type of expense||Rates per month|
|Cultural activities||68 EUR|
|Health Insurance and Other Expenses||99 EUR|
- University of Tuebingen does not run any financial assistance programs for students, but candidates can avail scholarships in Germany for international students from external sources.
Some external financial providers are as follows-
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Stipendienlotse is the initiative of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- StipendiumPlus provides scholarships to students and young researchers who possess exceptional talent.
- Stiftung Suche is proposed by the Association of German Foundations.
- Deutschlandstipendium at University of Tuebingen gives a 300 EUR/month scholarship to students with remarkable performance in the academic front at the university. No lower than 1.4 average grades is permissible.
- Financial assistance in the case of emergency can be availed, but it’s for a limited time period.
- Students can also take loans for financing their study. To gather information regarding loans, one can contact the Studentwerk portal.
Alumni at University of Tuebingen can avail multiple benefits as proposed by the university itself-
- Chance to maintain a long network.
- University has options for further training and advanced learning that alumni can avail while being a part of Career Centre or Centre for Teacher Education.
- Get the university newsletter.
- Receive advice before starting a business.
- Attend university events.
- Avail the option of living in the affordable university guest house.
- Get a present for someone from the Unishop.
- Hans Mommsen, German Historian.
- Christoph Martin Wieland, German Poet and writer, credited to have formulated the first Bildungsroman.
- Günter Blobel, Nobel Prize for Physiology
Praxis Portal is the official portal for jobs and internships at the university. Here students can login to put their skills to practical usage in order to be well-equipped for job placements. University of Tuebingen also offers career service to assist students in getting clear about their goals and helps them achieve those.
Career Day is also organized to help students interact with their potential employers. The last one was organized at Paul Horn - Arena Tübingen. Students from Economics background get placed very readily, primarily at the university itself. The sector that sees the most amount of placement is the education sector.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
Ranked #101 - #125
Computer Science (International)
View More >>
QS World University
Lower cost of education Higher ranking High research oriented Top class faculty
Course Curriculum :
Everything is excellent and some faculties really teach masterclass
After completing my bachelor's from the University of Mumbai, my father suggested I ship to Germany and complete my Master's from this particular University as it is one of the most famous universities in Germany. I was required to an application fee and applied through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
I was taught about economics and management from a very basic to an advanced level. The curriculum prepared me to quickly react to changing business and market conditions, competitors’ actions, and internal governance problems. Also, the curriculum offered a unique education by combining state-of-the-art management tools with game-theoretic concepts.
1. Strong research culture 2. Program structure and Relevant research group 3. Strong ML Department
Course Curriculum :
You generally get to study state-of-the-art things in most of the advance seminar courses. One can do internships in industry as well as there's possibility for a semester abroad.
The University of Tuebingen is one of the universities that provides some fine curriculum. One of my teachers suggested me to join the University in-case I plan to take on with the Science course. So when I planned to study abroad the University of Tuebingen was my top priority. I applied to the university with the help of a free common application that was available on the university's website.
Course Curriculum :
This innovative course in Molecular Medicine is characterized by interdisciplinarity, practice orientation, and an international focus. It will help me to be an excellent scientist for medical research. The program consists of fundamental, translational and clinical research in the field of infectious diseases and comprises a number of central research themes. These include Viral control of translation, Trafficking of viral components, Reverse transcription and integration, Evolution and emergence of viruses, etc.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary