Smurfit Graduate Business School Ranking, Campus, Programs & Expenses
Smurfit Graduate Business School, also known as UCD Smurfit School, is the only business school in Ireland to have accreditation from three institutes: Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- Ranked by the Financial Times as:
- 23rd College among the European Business Schools
- 89th among Full-Time MBA programs in the world and 25th in Europe
- 68th among Executive MBA programs in the world
- 43th among Executive Education Open Enrolment programs in the world
- 7th among Masters in International Management programs in the world
- 36th among MSc Finance programs in the world
- Ranked by The Economist as 59th among Executive MBA programs in the world
- Ranked by QS World University Rankings as
- 24th among MSc Finance programs in the world
- 42nd among MSc Management programs in the world
- 15th among MSc in Marketing programs in the world
- 13th among MSc in Business Analytics programs in the world
- 41st among Executive MBA programs in the world
|Type of College||Public|
|Application Portal||UCD Student Information Portal|
|Scholarship||Merit based, Financial need based|
Campus, Programs and Residence
Campus: College is located on the seaside of the town Blackrock. Campus is 10 km away from Dublin City Centre.
- UCD Smurfit School is a graduate college offering programs in both business and non-business disciplines.
- College’s academic portfolio includes masters, doctoral, short term and industrial programs. .
- Masters program are offered in MBA (full-time and executive) and MSc courses.
Residence: Students enrolled in UCD Smurfit School are eligible to apply for University College Dublin residency.
Application Fee: Students can apply to multiple programs in UCD Smurfit School by paying €50 application fee.
Application Portal: College accepts application for all programs through University College Dublin’s Student Information Portal.
Admission Requirements: Work experience, GMAT/GRE scores, Resume, Essay (based on College guidelines) , Personal Statement, Video Appraisal
English Proficiency Requirement: Students from non-english speaking countries are required to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores as proof of language proficiency.
Cost of Attendance
Program fees for non-European Union students for the academic year 2019-20 is specified below. Fees can be paid through debit/credit card using University College Dublin's online payment facility.
|Masters in Accounting||€19,200||Not taught|
|Masters in Finance||€22,250||€11,150|
|Masters in Human Resource Management, Management and Marketing||€19,200||€9,600|
Other yearly expenses
UCD Smurfit School provides multiple scholarships to students enrolled in MBA and Masters program based on merit and financial need.
|Achiever MBA||NTR plc||March 1||Enrolled in MBA, 700 or above GMAT score||100% tuition fee|
|Aspire||UCD Smurfit School||May 10||Enrolled in MBA, MSc||50% tuition fee|
|GMAT MBA Scholarship||UCD Smurfit School||MBA: February 1,
Executive MBA: January 1
|Enrolled in MBA, 700 or above GMAT score||100% tuition fee|
|China MSc Merit-based||UCD Smurfit School||March 15||China Residence||€3,000|
|India Regional MSc Merit-based||UCD Smurfit School||March 31||India Residence||50% tuition fee|
|MSc Merit-based||UCD Smurfit School||March 29||International student||50% tuition fee|
UCD Smurfit School’s alumni network includes many notable people. Few of them are:
- Michael Beary – Irish Army general and former UNIFIL commander
- Sarah Carey – columnist and broadcaster
- Conor McNamara – sports commentator
- Derval O'Rourke – athlete
- Julie-Ann Russell – footballer
Times Higher Education
RANKED #176 - #200