Maastricht School of Management: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Maastricht School of Management (MSM) was established from the Research Institute for Management in Delft in 1952. Today, it has evolved into an international higher education institution focusing on postgraduate management, located in the city of Maastricht. The school strives to provide to all its students both studying in the Netherlands and abroad a quality educational experience. MSM is recognized by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture in the Netherlands as a Dutch-based legal entity for higher education. The programs offered by the institute are accredited with AMBA, IACBE, ACBSP, and ALTHEA. MBA programs hold NVAO accreditation and are among the top business schools in the Netherlands.
MSM was a finalist for the AMBA Innovation Award 2017 reflecting the educational leadership in the sector. In 2014 the school was nominated and earned third place. It has maintained its Global Tier One Ranking in the 2020 CEO Magazine Global MBA Ranking. The Executive MBA program is ranked the 2nd best Executive MBA program in the world. Since 2011 MSM also ranks 1st in the Worldwide Top Business School category.
|Mode of Program||Full-time|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Cost of Attendance||32,500 EUR|
Maastricht School of Management Campus
- Maastricht School of Management’s campus is located in Maastricht, the oldest city in the Netherlands.
- Students can enjoy a social life by visiting museums, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, bars, cafes, fine shops etc.
- Students can enjoy walking or take bike rides along the trails.
- Maastricht is easily accessible from Brussels, Aachen, Cologne or Düsseldorf. Students can choose to travel to these locations as it takes just 1 to 2 hours.
- The School organizes various on campus social activities to engage students such as international students dinner, picnics, competitions, BBQ, PechaKucha night etc.
Maastricht School of Management Residence
- Aparthotel Randwyck located next to the MSM campus offers student rooms, hotel rooms, and shared apartments.
- Students will get the facilities such as self-service laundry room including washing machine, a tumbler dryer, an ironing board, bicycle storage and a fitness room (free of charge).
- For cooking facilities two pantries are equipped with a microwave and a stove. No cooking equipment is available in this residence facility, but discounters sell cookware at low prices.
- The Student Hotel Maastricht is located at several places all over the Netherlands and as well as other cities.
- The Student Hotel is close to the Lumiere arthouse cinema, Muziekgieterij concert hall, and it takes just a 10-minute bike ride to reach MSM.
- Housing XL is a Rental Agency Network. Students may visit the website to view available rooms and apartments in Maastricht.
- Xior students offer several facilities in rooms and studios throughout Netherlands and Belgium.
Maastricht School of Management Courses
- Maastricht School of Management provides graduate level courses in the field of Management.
- Executive MBA, full-time and online MBA are some of the top programs of the school.
- The school also offers a Master of Science program with RWTH Aachen University.
- There are several academic partners with which the school offers programs. Some of these include ADA University, Amirkabir University of Technology, MSM Kuwait, MSM Romania, Nanjing University and many others.
- Programs range from 1 to 2 years in duration.
Maastricht School of Management Application Process
Maastricht School of Management has 2 intake sessions in September and January. The deadlines for EU and non-EU students are different keeping in mind the length of the student visa procedure.
How to Apply?
The following process must be adhered to while applying for admission to the Maastricht School of Management:
Application Portal – Online Application Portal
Application Fees - 95 EUR
Application Deadline – The application deadlines for students are tabulated below:
|Intake||Deadline for EU students||Deadline for non-EU students|
|September||September 15||July 15|
|January||December 7||November 4|
Admission Requirements: The following documents are required for admission to the programs offered at the School:
- Degree from a recognized institute
- Official transcript with a translation in English, Dutch, French or German if it is not in any of the language mentioned
- Personal Resume/CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- A letter of motivation
- Copy of your passport or your EU identity card
- Proof of English Proficiency - Applicants must meet the minimum requirements for any one of the tests given below:
Maastricht School of Management Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee for various programs offered at the Maastricht School of Management varies. These have been provided below for reference:
|Master in Management||16,000 EUR|
|Full-time/ Online MBA||32,500 EUR|
|Executive MBA||32,500 EUR|
|Full-time DBA||39,600 EUR|
Maastricht School of Management Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Maastricht School of Management offers scholarships to help privately sponsored students in funding programs.
- Scholarships are available to students of the Master of Management program, full-time, online and executive MBA programs and other executive programs.
- Scholarships offered at the school waive fixed percentage of tuition fee. Some of these include:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship - up to 50%
- Woman Ambassadorship Scholarship - up to50%
- Alumni Lifelong Learning - up to50%
- Public Service/NGO Scholarship - up to25%
- European Star Scholarship - up to25%
- Entrepreneurship / Family Business Scholarship - up to25%
- Regional fund - 25%
- Corporate discounts - 25-50%
Maastricht School of Management Alumni
Maastricht School of Management alumni are their biggest pride and an essential asset to the business school. The school has a worldwide knowledge network of over 20,000 alumni organized in chapters or regional alumni communities now in more than 30 countries and expanding.
The members of the association are entitled to the following benefits:
- Alumni Library access
- Access to V-Smart Catalogues
- Information about refresher courses available to Alumni
- Career Services
- Networking opportunities with professionals in various fields
- Members also get discount on Master and MBA programs
Through digital platforms, MSM is closer to alumni than ever before. Members are encouraged to build friendships and network with their fellow alumni through different activities.
Maastricht School of Management Placements
The MSM Career Services is dedicated towards helping students connect with prospective employers. Students can avail services for personal career advancement by contacting the career service department. Students receive training on appearing for interviews, preparing CV’s, writing letters of motivation, development of soft skills etc.
Find a Program
QS World University
Ranked #251 - #300
International Business (International)
I have completed my undergraduate degree in engineering from a private college. Thus I wanted to pursue higher studies instead of joining work directly after graduating. I chose to pursue an MBA degree as it will help me to apply directly for managerial posts once I start to apply for jobs. I applied to various universities in the Netherlands and was happy to be accepted at the Maastricht School of Management as a degree from this university provides excellent future prospects. I applied here online and paid the application fee of €95.
Course Curriculum :
This full-time MBA program is a one-year program conducted at the MSM campus in Maastricht. Here I am having full-day classes, consisting of interactive lectures, individual and group assignments, work visits, and guest lectures. I am also allowed to customize the topics from my degree.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary