RWTH Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1870 with a mere 223 students, the RWTH Aachen University founded its business school in the year 2016. The University provided its first business program in the year 2004 and today the RWTH Business School provides admissions into 3 Degree courses and 29 Certificate programs with over 75% international students coming to study in Germany. The University is located in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany with connectivity to Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium and also the major European cities.
It is a public institution and follows a semester based academic calendar. The business school is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). It is one of the few Universities in Germany to have this international seal. The business school has been recognized by several prominent ranking agencies that have made it one of the top business schools in Germany.
- In terms of Best Global Universities Rankings, the RWTH University is ranked in the 179th position by the US News in 2020.
- The University is ranked 6th for Germany by the QS World University Ranking in the category “Business and Management Studies” in 2020.
- In terms of Best Global Universities in Germany, the University is placed 11th by the US News in 2020.
|Location||Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Accreditation Agency||Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
|Parent Institution||RWTH Aachen University|
|Percentage of International Students||75%|
|Type of Program||Degree and Certificate|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
- The campus of the Aachen University is spread over a vast area of 620 acres of land which is divided into two areas, namely Midtown and Melaten.
- The Aachen University connects Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium and also the major European capitals like Paris, Luxembourg and London are within easy reach.
- The Maastricht Airport is in proximity of 26.6 km from the campus.
- The campus also provides the students with various facilities including restaurants, cafes, museums and clubs. Thus, it provides a lively atmosphere for more than 50,000 students who are part of the institution.
- The campus has various clubs run by and for the students.
Housing Facilities/ Residence
- Various off-campus students accommodation options in Germany are available for the students which includes apartments, studios and flats.
- The apartments are fully furnished and located in a safe place with a bus stop right next to the apartment complex.
- There are a total of 221 apartments styled in 2 different types varying in sizes and monthly rent.
- Apartment type 1 and type 2 have fully furnished with self contained bathroom, kitchenette and internet connection.
- Apartment type 1 has a monthly rent of almost 340 EUR whereas apartment type 2 has a monthly rent of 390 EUR.
- At both undergraduate level and postgraduate level the RWTH Business University offers both degree and certificate programs.
- The School offers 3 degree programs and 29 certificate programs.
- The University teaches the programs in German and English.
- The major programs offered are Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), Mini MBA, and Masters of Science.
- The certificate programs include Digital Leadership, Strategic Decision making and Risk Management.
- The major International Masters programs include M.Sc. Data Analytics and Decision Science and M.Sc. Technology Entrepreneurship.
RWTH Business School Application Process
How to apply?
Application Portal - Online application
Application Fee – No Fee
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Transcripts of academic records
- Motivation Letter
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Work Experience at least 12 months
- University Degree Certificate
- English Language Certificate
- Supplementary Sheet.
- Minimum English proficiency test scores required for admission are given below:
RWTH Business School Cost of Attendance
- In comparison to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is reasonable.
- The payment of the entire tuition fee has to be made in 3-6 installments depending on the choice and duration of the program.
- Estimated cost of attendance for the RWTH Business School are given below:
|Expense||Amount (in EUR)|
|Social Contribution Fee||280 per semester|
|Rent (including utility costs)||430 per month|
|Food and General expenses||400|
|Mobile phone contract||20|
Scholarships/ Financial aid
- The institute provides various awards and scholarships in Germany for international students.
- The RWTH Business School scholarship is provided to excellent students, technology leaders and entrepreneurs as well as social engagers. It offers several scholarships of 2500 EUR.
- Partial study loans are provided to the students externally in partnership with funding agencies like DAAD.
- Students can also take advantage of the early bird discount for paying their fees.
- International students can also take student jobs for full-time or part-time by working 20 hours per week.
- There are also some religious as well as country specific scholarships available.
- There are various external scholarships provided by German Political Parties such as (SPD) - Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, (CDU) – Konrad-Adenauer Foundation, (Die Linke) – Rosa-Luxemburg Foundation and (FDP) – Friedrich-Naumann Foundation.
- Details of some partial scholarships and study loans available for students are given in the table below:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria||Amount Awarded|
|DAAD-STIBET Matching Fund||Applicable to bachelor’s and master’s students who work to cover monthly expenses.||400 EUR per month (up to 3 months every year)|
|DAAD Scholarship for International Students||Applicable to postgraduate and doctoral students from selected countries.||Variable|
|Scholarship from educations.com||Applicable to master’s degree students from any country at a European University.||5000 EUR|
The university has a remarkable list of alumni that includes Peter Debye – Nobel Laureate, Helmut Zahn – Nominated for Nobel Prize and BJ Habibie – Third President of Indonesia.
After graduation, the students have many opportunities as executives in established companies or as entrepreneurs. The Career Service department of the University offers support to the students by giving them access to a broad network of business contacts and cooperation partners in all sectors of economy. It also helps students by organizing events and workshops aimed at career training.
Times Higher Education
After completing my bachelor's in computer science I started working, but after some time I wanted to increase my income as well as knowledge in the field of data analytics, so I decided to go for the Masters in the degree. As Germany is one of the leading countries in the same field, I decided to get my masters from here. I applied to 2-3 colleges and luckily got admission in all of them. But after reading the reviews and consulting some peers I opted for this school. The application fee for the online application was € 50.
Course Curriculum :
My program is designed in the middle of the fields of Data Analytics and Decision Science (Operations Research) and we will learn how to combine machine learning and deep learning techniques with mathematical optimization approaches, and simulation techniques to create value in specific application areas such as the distinct set of skills needed to succeed in a digitized and globalized economy.
- Bus Station
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary