Maastricht University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Maastricht University (UM) is the youngest university in the Netherlands, established in 1976. University is located in Maastricht, Netherlands. UM is the 15th best young university in the world as per QS rankings and the only Dutch university in WUN and YERUN. UM was in the top 300 in the Shanghai Rankings.
The university is well known for its innovative Problem-Based Learning System, Research interdisciplinary and the International Orientation.
|Type of University||Public|
|Total No. of Academic Programs||UG=18, PG=75, PhD=335|
|English Language Proficiency||CERF, IELTS, TOEFL, CPE, CAE|
|Cost of Attendance||€1,482- €3,760|
|No. of Students per Staff||15.8|
|Percentage of International Students||53%|
Maastricht University Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university incorporates six faculties- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Faculty of Science and Engineering, School of Business and Economies.
- UM has an official housing agency, Maastricht Housing offering more than 10,000 housings facilities for students.
- UM guesthouse offers 1000 rooms for each bachelor and master program with both single and double bedrooms.
Admission Process at Maastricht University
Students could register at UM via Studielink.nl and later upload the documents on MyUM portal. Maastricht University offers both the Fall Semester and Spring Semester. The fall semester starts from 29 August and the spring semester from 30the January onwards. The application process has the early deadline on 15th January and the ultimate application deadline on 15th April.
- The applicants need to have a standard 12th diploma (Academic Stream): Secondary School Certificate with marks ranging in the grades A1, A2, B1 in all the five subjects or 75% average in 5 subjects.
- Matriculation Certificate.
- Bachelor Degree or Certificate Course while applying for a Masters Degree.
- The applications should include the Letter of Motivation by answering three questions: Why and What you like to study at UCM? Expectations from a college education? What are your plans after Graduation?
- Dutch Visa or Residence
- English Language Proficiency is compulsory for intaking at the study programs. Students need to attach the following English test certificates with minimum scores requirement:
|TOEFL Paper-based test||575|
|TOEFL Internet Test||90|
|TOEFL (L&R, S&W)||720, 310|
|CAE Grade C||180-184|
|FCE Grade A||180-184|
|FCE Grade B||176-179|
Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee at Maastricht University varies for the type of study programs, full time or part time courses and the type of study intakes (September or February).
The institutional fee for Bachelor programs
|Arts and Culture||€ 8,000|
|Biomedical Sciences||€ 10,900|
|Data Science and Knowledge Engineering||€10,900|
|Digital Society||€ 8,000|
|Dutch Law||€ 8,000|
|Econometrics and Operational Research||€ 8,000|
|Economics and Business Economics||€ 8,000|
|European Law School||€ 8,000|
|European Public Health||€ 10,900|
|European Studies||€ 8,000|
|International Business||€ 8,000|
|Tax Law||€ 8,000|
Monthly Living Expense at Maastricht University
Scholarship and Financial Aid at Maastricht University
UM offer various grants for international students enrolling in Bachelor and Master Programs. Scholarship opportunities vary from country to country.
Maastricht University offers OTS India Scholarship for Master program in LAW. Moreover, University offers ‘welcome package for international students’ consisting of pick up service, international student welcome day and buddy program to help the student in the setting during the first semester.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
View More >>
QS World University
After completing my secondary and high school I searched for the university that offered placements, best lectures, career support, and study guidance in order to develop my professional profile. Then I came across the School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University. I decided to study here as it contains all the features that I wanted to acquire. The application was completed online.
Course Curriculum :
I am studying a 1-year full-time course that is taught in the English language. The curriculum includes the problem solving economic issues with skills from statistics, mathematics, and computer science. Through the course, I am also learning to improve economic and management decision making.
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary