Erasmus University Rotterdam: Ranking, Programs, Fees, Admission Process and Scholarships
Established in 1913, Erasmus University is a public university in the Netherlands positioned in the top 3% of universities in the world. The university is primarily known for its business, law, medical and economics programs. Erasmus University Rotterdam has campuses on 4 locations- 3 in Rotterdam and one in Hauge. The courses at Erasmus University are offered via 7 schools, two institutes, and a college.
Ranked in the top 5 universities in the Netherlands, Erasmus is highly popular among international students and attracts a galore of students seeking to study in the Netherlands. The university is equally popular among employers; reports suggest that Erasmus has an employment rate of 90% with graduates getting jobs within 6 months of graduation.
Table of Contents
|6. Tuition Fees|
|9. Alumni Benefits|
|UG Application Portal||Studielink.nl|
|Endowment||66.4 million Euro|
|Mode of Programs||Full Time; Part-Time|
|Number of International Students||23%|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||Approx. 53,600 Euro|
Erasmus University Rotterdam 2021 Ranking
The latest rankings conferred to Earsmus University Rotterdam are as follows:
Times Higher Education (THE) Rankings 2021
- Ranking in the Netherlands: #4
Ranking in the world: #72
Centre for World University Rankings 2021
Ranking in the Netherlands: #4
Ranking in the world: #92
US News and World Report 2021 Rankings
Ranking in the Netherlands: #8
Ranking in the world: #197
Erasmus University Rotterdam Campuses
Erasmus University Rotterdam has campuses in Rotterdam and The Hague. You will discover Erasmus University College in the downtown area. Woudestein Campus is found not far away and simple to reach by transportation. Erasmus MC and the ECE Campus are additionally situated in Rotterdam. The Institute for Social Studies is located in The Hague. Campus Woudestein is located at a distance of 15 minute ride from city center is the hub of Erasmus University that is Woudestein campus.
Erasmus University College
- Surrounded by a mix of hip and happening and located at the city center is Erasmus University College. The residential campus for first year students LUCIA is a 10 minute ride from the university college.
- Nested between market area, charming Pannekoekstraat, the dazzlingly beautiful Markthal and the bustling shopping area the Meent sits the Erasmus University College.
Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship (ECE)
- Located in Rotterdam Delfshaven ECE is one of the leading center for entrepreneurship in Europe, ECE develops and executes courses on undergraduate, posrgraduate and MBA level.
- It is done for multiple universities across Netherlands and thereby helps more than 10,000 students every yueard develop entrepreneurship talent.
Erasmus Medical College
- Home to the largest and one of the most authoritative scientific University Medical Centers in Europe. Erasmus MC ranks 1 in the European institution of clinical medicine and 20 in the world as per THE rankings.
International Institute of Social Studies
Situated in The Hague, the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) is an international graduate school of policy-oriented critical social science. It brings together students and teachers from the Global South and the North in a European environment.
Erasmus University Rotterdam Programs
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is home to 7 schools, 2 institutes, and a college through which the university offers a number of courses.
- These schools and institutes are namely: Erasmus School of History, Culture, and Communication, Erasmus School of Economics, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Erasmus University College, Erasmus School of Law, Erasmus School of Philosophy, International Institute of Social Studies, Erasmus MC, and Rotterdam School of Management.
- Programs are taught in both Dutch and English.
- Some of the undergraduate programs are dual degrees in Arts and Sciences, Double Bachelor in Economics and Philosophy of Economics, Bachelor in Philosophy, and many more.
- Some of the Master's degrees offered at EUR are Accounting and Financial Management, Business and Management, Development Studies, econometrics, and many more.
- EUR offers around 80 executive programs for professionals, including advanced courses, post-experience masters, master classes, and in-company training programs.
- Many (international) corporations, ministries, and other governmental bodies send their staff to these programs for lifelong learning.
Erasmus University Rotterdam Admissions
Students need to register at Studielink.nl at the start of the application process. Application Fee – 100 Euro Application Deadlines
- Last day to register at Studielink - January 15
- Online Application Form and document upload – January 31
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation (2)
- Kira Talent Video response
- GRE/GMAT score (GMAT code - QK8-CX-30, GRE – 0798)
- An official copy of previous education
- English language proficiency score is not required but could be asked during the application process
Erasmus University Rotterdam Tuition Fees
|Faculty at Erasmus||Bachelors Fees for Non-EU students||Masters Fees for Non-EU students|
|School of Economics||9.300||15.200|
|Schoo of History, Culture and Communication||6.400||11.300|
|Health Policy and Management||6.700||12.000|
|School of Law||6.700||12.000|
|Socail and Behavioural Sciences||6.700||15.100|
|Erasmus University College||12.100||-|
|Rotterdam School of Management||9.300||18.200|
Erasmus University Rotterdam Scholarships
|Scholarship||Level of Study||Amount Granted (Euro)|
|Erasmus + Grant||Bachelor, Masters and P.hD||Differs per study|
|Erasmus School of Economics Additional Scholarship||Bachelor and Masters||500|
|Erasmus School of Economics Scholarship||Bachelor and Masters||250-1500|
|Faculty grants||As per Faculty||250-1500|
|Erasmus School of Social and Behavioural Sciences Study Mobility Grant||Bachelor||500|
|Holland Scholarship||Bachelor and Masters||1.250|
|ESHCC International Fund History||Bachelor and Masters||450|
|Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds||Masters||1.500-20.000|
|Schwarzman Scholar Program||Bachelor||$4,000|
Erasmus University Rotterdam Placements
The university provides several career services to its students. Career Center prepares students for interviews, helps them in preparing their CVs, provides them internship opportunities, and assists them in networking with potential employers. Graduating from this university will open several job opportunities in the Netherlands for international students.
The highest-paid Erasmus University Rotterdam alumni & graduates are Financial Services professionals at $131,000 annually. The lowest-paid Erasmus University Rotterdam alumni & graduates are R&D, Pharmaceuticals & Biotech professionals at $52,000.
Here are average salaries offered to graduates of Erasmus University Rotterdam by the career field:
|Executive Management & Change||$111,000|
|Sales & Business Development||$96,000|
|Marketing, Product & Communications||$80,000|
|Finance Control & Strategy||$79,000|
|IT & Software Development||$78,000|
Erasmus University Rotterdam Alumni Benefits
Being an individual from the huge and different graduated class organization of Erasmus University Rotterdam, along with more than 130,000 other graduated class, is a colossal advantage all alone. It can assist you with getting in contact with important individuals, gain you new viewpoints in your profession, and gives you admittance to a wide number of assets. For association, we've partitioned these among the accompanying two themes: Life Long Learning and Other graduated class benefits.
- Under Life Long Learning you will discover all prospects to increase new information or widen your instructive vocation, for example by tuning in to webcasts, following online course arrangement, or applying for leader training.
- Other graduated class benefits you will discover different advantages of being a EUR former student, with limits on for instance a UB library card or a rec center enrollment.
- For alumni, the special introductory membership price for the first year is € 15,00.
- As a member of an Erasmus University Rotterdam alumni association, you receive a discount on the University Library pass: Instead of € 30 you pay € 15 per year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What are the selection requirements for studying at EUR?
Ans. Entry requirements and selection procedures for each program at the EUR are decided by the programs themselves. They differ per program, and may also differ per year. Like entry requirements and selection procedures, application deadlines vary per program.
Ques. Is Erasmus University Rotterdam reputed?
Ans. Yes. This university is positioned in the top 3% of best universities in the world.
Ques. When will I hear more about my application?
Ans. For the Dutch-taught bachelor programs, it aims to inform you about your admissibility in two weeks. For the English-taught programs, it differs per program.
Ques. Which colleges are part of Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Ans. These schools and institutes are namely: Erasmus School of History, Culture, and Communication, Erasmus School of Economics, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Erasmus University College, Erasmus School of Law, Erasmus School of Philosophy, International Institute of Social Studies, Erasmus MC, and Rotterdam School of Management.
Ques. How can I apply to Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Ans. Students can start applying to Erasmus University Rotterdam by creating an account on studielink.
Ques. What are institutional codes which can I use for Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Ans. International Baccalaureate Organization: 036995 (Erasmus University Rotterdam)/ 034892 (RSM)/037280 (ESE)
TOEFL: 7199 (Erasmus University Rotterdam)/0798 (RSM)/2641 (Erasmus University Rotterdam, ESHCC)/5394 (ESE)
Ques. What are legalized copies of my diploma and final transcript?
Ans. Legalized copies of your diploma and final transcript are copies of the original documents, signed and stamped by a school official or a notary.
Ques. When can I expect the final decision regarding my admission to the Erasmus University, Rotterdam?
Ans. After applying, it may take up to 3 to 4 weeks for the successful processing of the application.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #126 - #150
RANKED #126 - #150
View More >>
QS World University
It is a very highly-ranked business university in the world, with a lot of international students and is also affordable.
Course Curriculum :
It is a very thorough and detailed course structure with many practical aspects. It includes all the facets of business administration including Finance and accounting, HR, Marketing and Operations. Besides this, it has many practical and research-based courses. We had many research based assignments and projects that required us to use real-life cases and experiences. For example, we have the bachelor thesis where we have to conduct our own study, analyze the findings and draw conclusions. We also have skill-based courses such as effective business communication and IT related courses which focus on excel and word proficiency.
There were a couple of reasons which made me opt for the Rotterdam School of Management. One of the major reasons was that I wanted to pursue my studies further. As I am from the commerce background, I wanted to learn more about Finance and investment. To take admission to the school I registered myself with the school with the help of Studielink (online), I wasn't asked for any additional fee for my program.
Course Curriculum :
This one-year full-time MSc in Finance and Investments is demanding and requires a proactive attitude. It provides me with the latest knowledge and insights, plus the right skills and mindset essential for a successful career as a finance professional. After completing the course I could be working at perhaps a financial institution, a corporation, in a consultancy, in my own start-up, for a government organization, or at an NGO.
I wanted to explore the world of media and its political, economic, and cultural impact. Erasmus was the only university which was offering this course in English and thus I went ahead to fill the online application. The online application form was free of cost and cost me nothing.
Course Curriculum :
The International Bachelor Communication and Media (IBCoM) at Erasmus University takes a comparative, international approach to communication and media studies. It helps to diversify the knowledge across the globe because there are perspectives of the international students which adds up to classroom learning.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary