Nalanda Open University (NOU), situated in Bihar, is the only university in the state providing education through distance and open education. NOU offers a wide range of UG and PG courses viz. BA, B.Sc, B.Com, MA, M.Sc, M.Com in multiple subjects to students every year.
The university follows odd and even semester pattern for all its distance learning courses. End-semester examinations are being conducted in the months of December and July for odd and even semesters, respectively. The results are published on the university website usually within few days from the end semester examinations.
Candidates seeking admission to the courses can check their eligibility along with the fee structure and information about study centres of NOU through the official university website. Admission Forms are also accessible and students can register themselves by submitting completed applications along with the fee and necessary enclosures to the university. Know more about NOU Admissions 2019
Pattern of Semester Examination:
Each course consists of theory and/or theory and practical papers. Each theory paper shall consist of two parts:
- Written examination carrying 80 marks and
- Evaluation of assignments, carrying 20 marks.
The examination in written part of each theory paper shall be of 3 hours duration. The detailed timetable of examination, paper wise along with the date and centre name will be given to every student at the time of admission in a print form, printed at the back of his/her Examination Admit Card.
Check, NOU Distance Courses
Nalanda Open University Semester Results 2019
Nalanda University semester results are usually issued in the month of January and June for odd and even semesters, respectively. Candidates can check their UG and PG result (Regular and Private) for different courses by following the below given steps:
- Candidate should log on to the official website of Nalanda Open University click on “Check UG & PG Courses Regular & Private Result” link
- Once the result portal is loaded, click on UG & PG Result and then select the desired course for which the result is required
- Choose result method between Name Wise and Roll number wise
- For Roll number wise result, candidates should enter his/her roll number and click on “Get Result” button
- For Name Wise Result, candidate should enter his/her name and father’s name & click on “Get Result”
- Subsequently, the result will be displayed on the screen and candidates can print their result and take a print out for future correspondence
Note: Candidates who wish to apply for NOU revaluation and rechecking of papers can register through the official university website. Students will be notified of the results for the same within a week from the submission of applications.Last Updated - 16 Jan 2019