CUCET 2021 Phase 1 is likely to be conducted on May 31, 2021. CUCET is conducted by Chandigarh university and it is a gateway for admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering and management disciplines. Chandigarh University is a privately owned institution that was established in 2012. The university is located at the union territory of Chandigarh and it has been ranked as the 10th best university among private state universities. CUCET 2021 registration was started on December 14, 2020 and the last date to fill and submit the application form is May 29, 2021. The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in CUCET (undergraduate courses) is to pass/appear in the class 12 examination with at least 50% marks. For admissions in postgraduate courses, the candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in the graduation.
CUCET 2021 Highlights
CUCET 2021 will be conducted for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses of Engineering, Technology and Management. The university offers around 54 programs under various disciplines. Some important highlights of CUCET are tabulated below:
|Name of Examination||Chandigarh University Common Admission Test (CUCET)|
|Conducting Authority||Chandigarh University|
|Number of Courses Offered||54|
|Eligibility Criteria||Passed class 12 with at least 50% aggregate marks for undergraduate programs and passed graduation with at least 50% marks for postgraduate programs|
|Syllabus||Syllabus will be based upon the structure of the course in class 12 for the UG program. English shall be a compulsory subject in the entrance test for most of the programs|
|Admission Process||Admissions are made through entrance tests for all the courses. However, lateral entry is offered for some programs subjected to reasonable classification of eligibility criteria|
|Direct admission||If any candidate has secured 90% or above in the class 12 examination then S/he is not required to appear in CUCET 2021. Such candidates will be offered direct admission in the chosen program. However,all the candidates whose results have not been declared are supposed to take the entrance examination|
|Frequency of Examination||Three times in a year|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Management, Arts, Architecture Design and Planning, Commerce and Economics, etc.|
CUCET 2021 Important Dates
|Starting of Online Application||December 14, 2020|
|Last Date to Register||May 29, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||After completing the registration|
|Date of Examination||May 31, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of June 2021|
CUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are different according to the courses and other parameters of admission. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission in undergraduate programs is to pass the class 12 examination with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board. Admission in a postgraduate course requires a bachelor's degree with 50% aggregate marks from a university recognized by UGC.
- In the lateral entry program, the eligibility criteria vary according to the courses.
- For admission in the lateral entry program, the candidates are required to take CUCET 2021
- Courses offered under the lateral entry program are Engineering, Pharma Sciences, and Applied Health Sciences.
- A candidate should have scored at least 45% aggregate marks in diploma or B.Sc program for admissions in bachelor of engineering.
- For applied health sciences and pharma sciences the candidates shall have a diploma in pharmacy or MLT from a recognized institute or diploma in applied health program i.e. microbiology and health sciences.
CUCET 2021 Application
CUCET 2021 application was started on December 14, 2020, and the last date to apply is May 29, 2021. CUCET 2021 application can be made through both online and offline mode. The candidate can fill the application form online on the official website of Chandigarh University. For offline applications, the candidates are required to visit the university where they can obtain the application form by paying an amount of INR 1000.
Steps to fill online application are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of CUCET or Chandigarh University
- Enter the required details-name,date of birth,valid email address, phone number and stream.
- Click on ‘register’
- The login credentials will be sent on the phone number and email address
- Fill the detailed application form and enter the preferences for the examination center and schedule.
- Pay the application fee through online mode like net banking or debit/credit card
- After successful payment download the payment acknowledgment and submit the form
- If payment did not complete and the money got deducted from your bank then wait for at least 2 hours to verify the status of payment.
Steps to fill offline application form are as follows:
- Visit the university admission office or any other authorized center
- Deposit the application amount i.e. 1000.00 INR
- The candidates will be given a brochure cum form
- Check that a unique application number is mentioned in the form
- Visit the official website of the university
- Initiate the registration and enter the unique number
- Create your profile on the website
- Select the center and schedule of CUCET 2021
- Submit the application.
CUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
CUCET 2021 will be conducted online as computer based test only. The medium of examination will be English. The questions will be in the form of multiple-choice and each question will have four options out of which one will be the correct answer. The total number of questions will be 100 and the duration of examination will be two hours. For each correct answer one mark will be awarded and there will be no penalty for any incorrect answer.
- English is a compulsory subject for most of the programs
- For the engineering program there will be 30 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and 10 questions from English.
- For medical courses, there will be 30 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and 10 questions from English
- For arts and humanities streams there will be 10 questions from general science and 30 questions from English along with other compulsory sections.
- Candidates appearing for arts and humanities programs will be given a choice to select any two subjects among Political Science, Sociology, Economics, and History for the entrance test.
- General Science and English shall remain compulsory papers for the entrance test of arts and humanities program
- Candidates applying for the commerce stream will be asked 30 questions each from Economics, Accounts, and Business Studies.
- English will be a compulsory paper for the commerce stream with 10 questions in the entrance exam
CUCET 2021 Syllabus
CUCET 2021 syllabus will vary according to the courses. In most of the courses there are four subjects in the syllabus including English language. The section-wise syllabus for various programs are mentioned below:
|English||Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Composition|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices & Determinants, Permutations & Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Sequence & Series, Integral Calculus, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Binomial Theorem, Limit, Continuity & Differentiability, Differential Equations, 3-D Geometry, Statistics & Probability, Mathematical Reasoning|
|Physics||Physics & Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work,Energy & Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics,Kinetic Theory of Gases, Electrostatics, Oscillation and Waves, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication System|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Solutions, Equilibrium, Hydrogen and its compounds, Basic principles, and techniques in organic chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry|
|Biology||Reproduction in Organisms, Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants, Human Reproduction, Reproductive Health, Principle and Inheritance of Variation, Evolution, Human Health and Diseases, Strategies for Enhancements and Food Production, Microbes in Human Welfare, Biotechnology-Principles and Processes, Biotechnology and its Applications, Organisms and Population, Ecosystem, Biodiversity, and its Conservation, Environmental Issues|
|General Studies||Science and Technology, Indian Society, Art & Culture, Freedom Movements, and Struggle, Constitutional Values, Social Justice and Human Rights|
|Economics||Macroeconomics and Microeconomics: Introduction, Consumer Equilibrium and Demand, Money and Banking, Balance of Payments, Monetary Policies of RBI, Budget, National Income, and Related Aggregates|
CUCET 2021 Admit Card
CUCET 2021 admit card will be available soon after submitting the application form. The admit card will be sent to the candidates at their registered email address after submitting the application form. The admit card will contain personal information of candidate and the date,time and center of examination. Candidates are required to carry the admit to the examination center for the validation of candidature.No candidate shall be allowed to take the examination without an admit card. If any candidate did not receive the admit card then S/he shall immediately report to the office of university. Candidates are required to send their registration details through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates can also contact the admission cell of the university through the toll free number- 1800-1212-88800.
CUCET 2021 Results
CUCET 2021 results will be declared by the last week of June 2021. The candidates will be informed about their results by the university. The scorecard will be sent to the registered email id of the candidates. After the results a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the entrance result for the candidates who qualified in the entrance examination. After the declaration of result the qualified candidates are required to deposit 30% of admission fee within 15 days to confirm the admission and to avail the scholarship benefits. Candidates who will score 50% or above will be eligible for scholarship program of the university. Scholarships are divided into three categories i.e. gold, silver and bronze. Scholarship amount will vary according to the frequency of examination. The maximum scholarship will be allotted for CUCET 1 and the minimum will be allotted to CUCET 3. The parameters to qualify for the scholarship are mentioned below:
|Marks||CUCET 1 (Gold)||CUCET 2 (Silver)||CUCET 3 (Bronze)|
|95 and above||100%||100%||100%|
Ques. When can I apply for CUCET 2021?
Ques. Can I fill the application form through offline mode?
Ques. Can I appear for two or more phases of CUCET 2021?
Ques. If I appeared in two phases of CUCET which result shall be considered?
Ques. I did not receive any information on my email address after the registration. What should I do?
Ques. Can I take CUCET 2021 offline?
Ques. Can I change the selected program after the entrance examination?