CBSE announces Guidelines to apply for Exam Center Change
As a follow up to the decision of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), it has announced an important update with regard to the change in examination center for 10th and 12th board exams. CBSE has announced that the Board exams will now be conducted in the respective schools only.
The students who are not currently residing in the same district as their school can change their examination center. CBSE has also postponed some of the 10th and 12th exams owing to the spread of COVID-19.
The postponed exams are set to be conducted from July 1st to July 15th, 2020.
Mentioned below are the guidelines for exam center change:
- Students residing in hostels can change their exam center
- Students sponsored by the state government are permitted to change their exam center
- Students who have shifted from their school’s district to another district within the country
- Students within the same district as their prescribed center are not allowed to change their exam centers.
- NCT of Delhi will be considered as one district.
- No examinations are allowed to be conducted containment zones
- No examinations will be conducted for the CBSE affiliated schools located abroad.
Regular students must get in touch with their respective schools to apply for the change in the examination center. CBSE Board will not entertain requests in any other mode. Private students can apply for the change through the official website of CBSE board or through the mobile app.
If students have any queries about the change in the exam center, they can contact through the helpline number 1800-11-8001 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm on working days.