CBSE Class 10 Result (Out): Get Direct Link, State-Wise Pass Percentage and Toppers List
CBSE Class 10th Results has been released on July 15, 2020. Earlier the board had decided to release the class 10th result today i.e. July 14 but has been delayed. Candidates will have to fill in their Roll number, Date of Birth, Center number, school no and admit card ID to check their result in online mode. CBSE Class 10th Result contains students' details and marks scored by them in various subjects. The Result is also available through IVRS and SMS.
The exam has already been canceled for the pending papers due to the prevailing COVID 19 crisis across the country. The result, however, will be announced based on the student’s performance in the internal exams at the school level. As per the report, CBSE has started sending SMS to the Class 10th students to access their mark sheets as soon as the result is declared. Read the article to know the steps to access the DigiLocker App.
CBSE Class 10th Result 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Name of exam||Secondary School Examination|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Number of Students Registered||18 lakh|
|Result Date||Mid-July 2020|
CBSE Class 10th Result Dates
CBSE Class 10th board exams have been canceled for the remaining papers and results are awaited. Following are the important dates
|CBSE Class 10 2020 Exam dates||February 15 to March 20, 2020 (Cancelled)|
|CBSE 10th Result 2020||July 15, 2020|
|Revaluation Application Form||3rd week of August 2020|
|CBSE Class 10th Revaluation Result||2nd week of September|
|CBSE 10th 2020 Compartment Exam Dates||1st week of September 2020|
|Compartment Admit Card Release Date||Last week of August 2020|
|CBSE Board Compartment Result 2020||Last week of September 2020|
How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020?
CBSE Class 10th Result is going to be announced in the 2nd week of July 2020. The ruckus created amid COVID-19 has left the majority of students in a state of a dilemma on how and where to check the result. Given below are the steps to check CBSE class 10th Result 2020.
Steps to Check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020 on the official website
- Visit the official websites of CBSE –
- Click the link “Secondary School Examination (Class X) 2020” to check CBSE class 10 result.
- Enter the details in the respective boxes like roll number, date of birth, school number, center number, admit card ID. These details will be available in the admit card.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The CBSE exam result will be displayed.
- Download or take a printout of the result.
Steps to Check CBSE 10th Result 2020 via IVRS or Call
- CBSE Class 10th Result will also be available on Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) or over Call
- Students need to follow the instructions provided by the voice response correctly
- CBSE Class 10th Result will be read out over the call with subject-wise marks.
The numbers specified by CBSE for IVRS :
|Other parts of the country||011 – 24300699|
Steps to Check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020 via SMS?
CBSE class 10th Results can also be checked through SMS. The students will have to send an SMS to the number mentioned below in the following format
- Open SMS application on the mobile.
- Type a Text SMS as given: cbse10<space>roll number<space>date of birth<space>school number<space>centre number.
- Send this text SMS to 7738299899.
- Students will receive their CBSE Result 2020 Class 10 through SMS on their mobile phone.
DigiLocker for downloading CBSE Class10th Marksheet 2020
Candidates can check and download the CBSE Class 10th Marksheet 2020 through DigiLocker App. CBSE will make the documents available on digilocker.gov.in Follow the steps to view result over DigiLocker
- Open the DigiLocker app or visit the website i.e. www.digilocker.gov.in.
- Use the mobile number registered with CBSE Board to login. An OTP will be sent on that number.
- Use the OTP to login to your DigiLocker Account. The credential to log in for DigiLocker can be obtained via SMS while registering on the platform.
- Enter the details like Roll number, Admit Card ID, DOB, in the app to check and download CBSE Class 10th Marksheet 2020.
How to Create a DigiLocker Account?
- Visit DigiLocker’s registration page i.e. www.digilocker.gov.in.
- You will be redirected to a new window with an input field.
- Enter your mobile number and then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number. Fill this OTP in the provided space in the new window and then click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- Now set Username and Password for the account. Candidates must note that the password must not contain the username.
- At last, submit your Aadhar Number and verify it either through OTP or fingerprint option.
- Now you’ll be successfully signed up to DigiLocker App.
Details in CBSE Class 10th Result 2020
Students need to be careful and verify their details while downloading the CBSE class 10th result 2020-
CBSE class 10th result 2020 will consist of the following details.
- Name of the Student
- Father's & Mother's Name
- School Name
- Subject Name
- Roll Number
- Board Name
- Marks & Grades
CBSE Class 10th Passing marks Criteria
A Student to secure a pass certificate must obtain a grade higher than E in all the main subjects he appeared for. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 33% of marks to pass a subject.
CBSE follows a 9-point grading system for awarding grades as mentioned
|Grades||9-point grading system|
|A1||Top 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|A2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D1||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D2||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
Calculation of Percentage and CGPA of CBSE Class 10 Result 2020
CBSE Board Releases Class 10th result in the form of Cumulative Grade Point Aggregate(CGPA). Students can follow the below-mentioned procedure to calculate percentage from CGPA
- Add the grade points of the main five subjects
- Then, divide it by 5.
If your grade points for example for the five main subjects are: 7, 9, 9, 8 and 8, then
1: Add the grade points: 7+9+9+8+8 = 41
2: Divide the total by 5; 41/5 = 8.2
Thus, the CGPA will be 8.2.
how to convert CGPA into the percentage
- In order to convert your overall CGPA into the percentage, multiply it by 9.5.
- For example, When CGPA is 8.2, multiplying it by 9.5 with give the corresponding percentage,
- Hence, 8.2 x 9.5 = 77.90%
How to get Photocopy of CBSE Class 10th Answer Sheets
In order to obtain the photocopy of CBSE Class 10th Answer Sheets, candidates will be required to apply for the same in online mode. Only those candidates who apply for the verification of marks are allowed to apply for the photocopy of the answer sheets.
- The candidate who wishes to have a copy of their answer sheets can apply for it through the official website i.e. cbse.nic.in.
- It is necessary for the candidates to pay the certain fees prescribed by the board for providing the copies. The Fees can be paid via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking
- The board will send the Photocopy of the answer sheets on the candidate’s login account after blocking all the information relating to the identity of the Examiner/Evaluation/any other official associated with the examination process etc.
CBSE Class 10th Revaluation 2020
CBSE Provides a facility for students who are not satisfied with their marks. There are two types of re-evaluations that can be done by the students.
- Answer Sheet Revaluation
- Marks Revaluation
Mark revaluation can be done if the students feel the re-totaling of the marks is inaccurately done or they feel extra marks wrongly deducted.
Answer Sheet Evaluation can be done for detailed rechecking of a specific subject if the student is doubtful.
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Answer Sheet Revaluation
Students who are not satisfied with CBSE 10th result 2020 will be able to apply for the process of verification and revaluation.
- CBSE Class 10th Revaluation Forms will be released in 3rd week of August 2020.
- The students will be provided 5-6 days to apply for revaluation and verification of CBSE Class 10th Result 2020.
- Students have to pay the re-evaluation fee of Rs. 500 per subject during application.
- The payment will be done online, through regular payment gateways like net banking, debit/credit cards
- Only those students who apply for revaluation/verification can request for photocopy(ies) of the answer sheets.
- Students will have to pay 500 per subject to opt for a photocopy of the answer booklet.
CBSE Class 10th Marks Revaluation 2020
Students who are unsatisfied with their marks in CBSE Class 10 Result 2020 can apply for re-evaluation. The portal will be activated for registration in the 2nd week of September 2020. .
- The students will be given 2-3 days to apply for revaluation.
- Students will have to pay Rs 100 per question as a re-evaluation fee to register online. The fee is non-refundable.
- Rectified marks will be added in the final CBSE Class 10th Result
- The CBSE 10th result 2020 declared after re-evaluation will be considered final.
- No further means of revaluation will be granted post this procedure..
CBSE 10th Compartment Exam 2020
CBSE Conducts the compartment exam for those students who want marks improvement or those who could not get enough marks to clear the CBSE Class 10th Board exam.
CBSE Class 10th Compartment Exam will be conducted in the first week of September. The Schedule of compartment exams will be released online along with application forms. Last year the Compartment Exam was conducted from July 02 to July 10, 2019..
- Schools will have to fill the form for the CBSE class 10th compartmental exam and pay the required fee online.
- Candidates who appeared for the March 2020 Exam as regular students and placed as Compartment should contact their respective schools to register for compartment exams after the declaration of 10 board result 2020 CBSE.
- CBSE 10th compartment exams Result will be released in the last week of September 2020.
- Students failing in any one subject will have to write a compartment for the same.
- Students failing in more than two subjects or failing in compartment will have to rewrite all the subjects in a subsequent year.
- Only 3 chances are given to students for clearing all subjects.
CBSE Class 10th Toppers List
CBSE releases a list of toppers soon after the declaration of Class 10th result. Below is the list of toppers from 2019. Last year, 13 students secured 499 marks out of 500 in CBSE Class 10th board exams.
|Name of Student||Marks Secured||Region|
|Yogesh Kumar Gupta||499||Prayagraj|
CBSE 10th Result 2020 Zones
CBSE Class 10th Result is announced zone-wise. Any discrepancy in the result must be brought to the notice of Zonal headquarters. Given below is the list of Zonal Headquarters along with the region..
|Zone 1||Delhi||NCT of and Foreign Schools|
|Zone 2||Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Daman and Diu|
|Zone 3||Guwahati||Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, and Mizoram|
|Zone 4||Ajmer||Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Zone 5||Panchkula||Haryana, Union Territory of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, and Himachal Pradesh|
|Zone 6||Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand|
|Zone 7||Patna||Bihar and Jharkhand|
|Zone 8||Bhubaneshwar||West Bengal, Odisha, and Chhattisgarh|
|Zone 9||Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala, Lakshadweep, and Karnataka|
|Zone 10||Dehradun||Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand|
CBSE Board Class 10th Result 2019 Statistics
- Trivandrum region tops among all other regions.
- Gauhati ranked lowest in the chart.
- Overall 91.1% of the candidates passed the exams.
- Around 138705 candidates got a compartment.
- First rank was shared by 13 students.
- Girls outperformed boys with a pass percentage of 92.45.
- Boys passing percentage was 90.14
The performances of students in respective zones are compiled and a list is prepared based on the zone wise result.
Frequently asked questions
Que: When will the CBSE class 10th Result 2020 be released?
Ans: CBSE Class 10th result 2020 will be released in mid-July 2020.
Que: How can I Check CBSE Class 10th result?
Ans: CBSE Class 10th Result will be available online on the official website cbseresult.nic.in, and via IVRS and SMS, candidates can opt the most accessible option according to them.
Que: What are the credentials required to check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020?
Ans: Candidates will need the following credentials to check CBSE Class 10th Result 2020
- Board exam Roll no.
- Admit Card ID
- Date of birth
- Center ID
- School Id
Que: How can a student Apply for Revaluation?
Ans: The application form for Revaluation/rechecking will be released after the declaration of result. Likely in the Second week of August 2020.
Que: How to Apply for CBSE class 10th Compartment Exam?
Ans: A registration form will be made available in the respective school and candidates will have to consult the school for applying for CBSE Class 10th compartment Exam 2020.
Ques: What is the CBSE evaluation criteria for candidates who appeared for CBSE board exams 2020 for only 3 subjects?
Ans: For students who have appeared in the examination only for 3 subjects, the average of the marks obtained in the best two performing subjects will be awarded on the subjects whose examinations have not been conducted.