FMGE June 2020: NBE allows graduates to submit Provisional Certificate to confirm their qualifying status
The National Board of Examination (NBE) has decided to allow FMGE 2020 aspirants to upload their provisional pass certificate in all the required courses of their primary medical qualifications to confirm their qualifying status.
However, NBE has stated in its official notification that this will be the one time relaxation which has been made due to the extraordinary circumstances caused by the epidemic and is applicable for FMGE June session only.
Check the official notice below:
On July 7, a notice put up on the official website of NBE revealed details with regards to newer improvements made in the conduct of FMGE June 2020 along with application processes.
As per the notice, aspirants can fill forms from 8-22 July within the stipulated time. The exam is scheduled to be held on August 31, 2020.
Check out: FMGE June 2020 Official Notice
FMGE conducted by NBE is a licensure examination under the Medical Council of India (MCI) or even the State Medical Council (SMC). It evaluates an applicant for permanently or provisionally registering Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs).
Check Here: Details on NEET and FMGE
Here’s the revised schedule for FMGE June Session 2020:
Online registration starts
8 July 2020 (3:00 PM)
Last date to fill the application form
22 July 2020 (11:55 PM)
Application Correction Window
23-25 July 2020
Edit Window (Photograph, Let-hand impression, Signature)
August 10 to 12, 2020
Last Date for Document Submission
20 August 2020
Admit Card Release Date
24 August 2020 and onwards
Date of Examination
31 August 2020
Date of Result Declaration
20 September 2020
NBE FMGE 2020: Changes in Information Brochure
A total of 3 major changes have been observed in the new Information Brochure released by NBE, mentioned below:
- COVID-19 guidelines: Authority released strict guidelines for every candidate to be followed at the exam centre.
- Application fee hike: Along with an examination fee of Rs. 5500 and GST (18%) of Rs 990, total application fee Rs. 6490. Last year, the registration fee was Rs. 5500.
- Increase in exam centres: With an addition of 17 cities, FMGE June 2020 will be conducted over 42 exam centres, replacing Jaipur by Jodhpur city.
NBA FMGE 2020: Eligibility Criteria
Here’s a detailed account of eligibility criteria for FMGE aspirants:
- Aspirants are Indian citizens or OCI
- MBBS students abroad possess a primary qualification in medical science, approved by Indian Embassy
- Medical qualification is issued by a recognised institution from a country
- Submitted documents supporting undergraduate medical qualification to concerned authority by 31 May 2020
Finally, if authorities accept applications, aspirants can appear for FMGE 2020.
Note: Applicants need to carry admit card and ID proofs to exam centres for verification.