Gauhati University issues Revised SOPs for Online Exams, Read Details here
Guwahati: Gauhati University has issued a fresh set of Standard Operating Procedure for conducting 6th semester examinations for BA, B.Sc, and B.Com scheduled to begin from October 5, 2020.
The undergraduate exams are being held in online mode but students have been facing severe technical glitches while submitting their papers on October 1.
The 6th semester undergraduate students of Gauhati University faced severe glitches while submitting their answer papers within the 30 minutes window on October 1, 2020.
Many offline candidates were unable to rush to their respective colleges due to the Pandemic situation that caused them to lose the scope of offline submission also.
Established in 1948, the Gauhati University is an AICTE and UGC approved State University, accredited by NAAC. Previously, it released a detailed official notice regarding guidelines for online examinations of BA/B.Sc./B.Com 6th Semester on September 22, 2020.
Gauhati University: Existing SOPs for Online UG Exam
- Students failing to opt for choice will be automatically considered for offline mode of examination.
- Students, who can not come to the college premises, must notify their respective colleges latest by September 27, 2020.
- Students of online mode must log-in using the ID and password as provided by the college with their registered mobile number only.
- Download the question paper from the website.
- The answer sheet can contain a maximum of 10 A4 sized pages and answers to be handwritten using black ballpoint pens only.
- The first page must consist of the following pieces of information: Roll Number, Registration Number, Subject, Subject Code and Paper Code.
- Write the page number at the top right corner of each page and roll number at the side of the same. Only refer to the templates uploaded by the GU itself.
- After completion, relog-in to the website and upload your papers.
Note: The choice of mode of examination is once fixed can not be changed further. In case of any problems or emergencies, contact the respective Principals of your college.
Gauhati University Releases Additional SOPs for UG Online Examination
- Students can download the question papers 15 minutes before the starting of the examination.
- Students can upload their answer sheets starting from 30 minutes up to 1 hour after the completion of the examination.
- The answer sheets must be formatted in PDFs. Students can either opt to upload 10 PDFs of 1 page each, or a single PDF consisting of 10 pages altogether.
- Those who fail to upload will be granted 2 hours duration to submit the same via offline mode.
Additionally, all the subsequent examinations will be conducted via the revised schedules, as described below.
12 pm-2 pm
12.30 pm-2.30 pm
3 pm-5 pm
3.30 pm-5.30 pm
More news on Gauhati University:
- Gauhati University: B.Ed Students Demand Conducting of Exams by September 30; Stage Protest for the Same
- Gauhati University initiated unique Evaluation Procedure; Follows Blended Offline and Online Exam for students