The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) has started the registration process on January 4, 2021, for Joint Graduate Entrance Exam 2021 - a shared entrance examination for several institutions researching biology and interdisciplinary life sciences. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research regulates the examination.
Candidates appearing for JGEEBILS 2021 conducted by TIFR need to submit the application form before the last date, i.e., January 31, 2021, along with application fee of INR 1200 for Male candidates, and INR 600 for Female Candidates.
The admissions procedure for JGEEBILS 2021 (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of an online national test held across the country.
After qualifying the JGEEBILS 2021 examination, the shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews to be conducted during April-May 2021. Exact dates would be released later. Results will be declared on end-February, 2021 and students selected for an interview will be informed by email.
All participating institutions use the JGEEBILS Result 2021 from this examination under their admission process. Students need to register separately to each JGEEBILS participating institution.
JGEEBILS 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for JGEEBILS 2021 should check the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before applying;
- The candidate must hold M.A./M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech //M.S./M.Pharma or equivalent degree to apply for the PhD (Biology) programs.
For Integrated MSc-PhD
- Candidate with a bachelor's degree in any Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) OR Any 4-year degree programme that awards a "Bachelor's degree" including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4-year course) and wish to obtain an M.Sc. in Biology, will be offered the option of enrolling for the I-Ph.D. programmer at the time of admission.
- The candidate must hold the Bachelors in any Basic Science (Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ any branch of Biology) or any 4-year degree programme like B.Tech, B.E, B.V.Sc, B.Pharma to apply for the I-Ph.D/M.Sc.
For M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation)
- The candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in any program with a minimum of 50% in core subjects and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation field will be eligible to apply for JGEEBILS 2020.
- The candidates holding a Graduate national for Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications, are also eligible to apply for JGEEBILS Examination 2020.
JGEEBILS 2021: Important Dates
Online Registration Begins
January 4, 2021
Last Date to Apply Online
January 31, 2021
JGEEBILS 2021 Entrance Exam Date
March 7, 2021
Results of the JGEEBILS Examination (shortlist for interviews)
Last week of February 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews
JGEEBILS 2021: Participating Colleges
- ACTREC: Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Mumbai
- Ashoka University
- Bose Institute: Bose Institute, Kolkata
- CCMB: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad
- CDFD: Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad
- CHG: Centre for Human Genetics, Bangalore
- IISER-Bh, Berhampur
- IISER-K, Kolkata
- IISER-P, Pune
- IISER-TVM, Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER-T, Tirupati
- IMSc: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- InStem: Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru
- MSLS: Manipal School of Life Sciences, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- NBRC: National Brain Research Centre, Manesar
- NCCS: National Centre for Cell Science, Pune
- NIBMG: National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani
- NII: National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
- NISER: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
- SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- THSTI: Translational Health Science and Technology Institute, Faridabad
- TIFR: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- DBS-TIFR: Department of Biological Sciences, Mumbai
- NCBS-TIFR: National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru
- TCIS-TIFR: Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad