Sastra University to Conduct Online Final Semester Exams
Sastra University announced that end-semester exams for Engineering, MBA, Education, and Law will be held in online mode.
The Academy Council of Sastra University held its 38th meeting in a virtual mode with its senior faculty from IITB, IITM, IITD and IISc and Associate Deans, Deans, and Associate Professors.
The meeting approved several issues regarding the attendance of students along with assessment procedures and end-semester exams. The guidelines from the Academic Council meeting is available on its official website.
- For the graduating batch of 2020 in Engineering, Law, Education, and MBA, final semester exams will be held online followed by oral assessments.
- Students who have 50% class attendance (deemed as 100% online) will be permitted to take the exams.
- Students of junior batches will obtain grades based on internal exams. An option for improvement will also be provided at a later date, in case it is required.
- The council of Sastra University gave the discretion to the faculty to provide project-based end semester exams to students of junior batches.
- Additionally, a blended online component including 20% from courseware will be designed. The decision of requirement for 90 teaching days will be revised working in association with UGC, NCTE, AICTE, and BCI.
The Vice-Chancellor of Sastra University, Dr. S. Vaidhyausbramaniam initially briefed the council pertaining to feedback collected from faculty, students, and other stakeholders of the varsity. In lieu of this, several academic models were proposed that led to approval for the decisions mentioned above.