stablished in 1829 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The university is counted amongst the top 100 Engineering universities in the world.
|Application Portal||universityadmissions.se/ antagning.se|
|No. of Departments||13|
|Popular programs||Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Architecture|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time; Online|
|On Campus residence||Yes|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
|No. of full-time students||10,300|
|No. of international students||1573|
Residence, Campus and Rankings
- Chalmers ranks in the list of top 100 in many international ranking reports. Here is an overview of its position in the world:
- QS World University Ranking – 128
- QS Subject (Architecture) Specific Report – 46
- QS Employability Ranking – 86
- THE – 82
- CWTS Leiden Ranking – 1
- The university has 2 campuses in Gothenburg namely, Campus Johannesburg and Campus Lindholmen.
- There is no on-campus residential facility available for the international students. For more information on off-campus accommodation, check here.
Chalmers University of Technology Admissions
- Application Form: All the students have to apply to the university programs through the national portals for admission – universityadmissions.se or antagning.se. The related documents can also be sent through mail to universityadmissions.se.
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: Equivalent to English course 6
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport/other valid ID, CV, project portfolio, Letter of Intent, copy of certificate/diploma, Work Experience(optional), LOR (optional) and certificate of CGPA (optional)
- Intake Window: Master’s – 16 October – 15 January
English Proficiency Test
For getting accepted in Chalmers, the student can submit any of the below mentioned scores. These scores are equivalent to the accepted English course 6 level taught at the Swedish senior secondary level.
|IELTS||6.5 or more|
|TOEFL||90 - iBT|
|575 - PBT|
|Cambridge Michigan Language Assessment/Cambridge ESOL||-|
|Expenditure||Cost per semester|
|Bachelor’s and Master’s programs||70,000 SER|
|Architecture programs||95,000 SER|
A variety of scholarships are offered by the university to its students pursuing a Master’s program. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The Avancez Scholarships – 75% of the tuition fee is waived
- The IPOET Scholarships – 75% of the tuition fee is waived
- The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Fund – coves 100% of the tuition fee
- The Volvo Car Corporation Scholarship - coves 100% of the tuition fee
- The Chalmers Master Card Scholarship – reduces tuition fee by 2,80,000 SER (for the people of Central and South America)
- The US Friends of Chalmers Scholarships - cover 100% of the tuition fee
Note: For other scholarships offered by the university, click here.