Chalmers University of Technology Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
stablished in 1829 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The university is counted amongst the top 100 Engineering universities in the world.
|Application Portal||universityadmissions.se/ antagning.se|
|No. of Departments||13|
|Popular programs||Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Architecture|
|Mode of Programs||Full-time; Online|
|On Campus residence||Yes|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
|No. of full-time students||10,300|
|No. of international students||1573|
Residence, Campus and Rankings
- Chalmers ranks in the list of top 100 in many international ranking reports. Here is an overview of its position in the world:
- QS World University Ranking – 128
- QS Subject (Architecture) Specific Report – 46
- QS Employability Ranking – 86
- THE – 82
- CWTS Leiden Ranking – 1
- The university has 2 campuses in Gothenburg namely, Campus Johannesburg and Campus Lindholmen.
- There is no on-campus residential facility available for the international students. For more information on off-campus accommodation, check here.
Chalmers University of Technology Admissions
- Application Form: All the students have to apply to the university programs through the national portals for admission – universityadmissions.se or antagning.se. The related documents can also be sent through mail to universityadmissions.se.
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: Equivalent to English course 6
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport/other valid ID, CV, project portfolio, Letter of Intent, copy of certificate/diploma, Work Experience(optional), LOR (optional) and certificate of CGPA (optional)
- Intake Window: Master’s – 16 October – 15 January
English Proficiency Test
For getting accepted in Chalmers, the student can submit any of the below mentioned scores. These scores are equivalent to the accepted English course 6 level taught at the Swedish senior secondary level.
|IELTS||6.5 or more|
|TOEFL||90 - iBT|
|575 - PBT|
|Cambridge Michigan Language Assessment/Cambridge ESOL||-|
|Expenditure||Cost per semester|
|Bachelor’s and Master’s programs||70,000 SER|
|Architecture programs||95,000 SER|
A variety of scholarships are offered by the university to its students pursuing a Master’s program. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The Avancez Scholarships – 75% of the tuition fee is waived
- The IPOET Scholarships – 75% of the tuition fee is waived
- The Sievert Larsson Scholarship Fund – coves 100% of the tuition fee
- The Volvo Car Corporation Scholarship - coves 100% of the tuition fee
- The Chalmers Master Card Scholarship – reduces tuition fee by 2,80,000 SER (for the people of Central and South America)
- The US Friends of Chalmers Scholarships - cover 100% of the tuition fee
Note: For other scholarships offered by the university, click here.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #101 - #125
RANKED #101 - #125
View More >>
QS World University
I chose Chalmers because of my advisor. For a PhD, more than the university an alignment with your advisor is necessary and I felt a great connection with my prospective advisor, the university did not have a language barrier for most courses and that helped me with choosing it. Apart from my advisor, my prospective research group was also very strong !
Course Curriculum :
I think the course curriculum is very nice. The courses offer content that is up to date with the industry requirements. The assignments and projects are very relevant and engaging. The assignments complement the theory aspect of the course very well, in general. The study period based curriculum forces completing courses within 2 months. I feel this is better than semester systems as 2 months of focus on 2 courses serves better than 5 months of drag over 4 courses together.
The decision to choose the Chalmers University of Technology was very simple. The university is not only affordable but also provides a lockstep program that allows me to develop lifelong relationships with professors and peers. I paid SEK 900 for the online application form.
Course Curriculum :
My program aims at the interface between chemistry, biology, and medicine, with engineering as a common working tool. It provides us with competencies on how to use engineering principles in the analysis and manipulation of biological systems to solve problems across a spectrum of important applications. Thus the program covers the broad base of knowledge from genetics to process engineering provided by expertise from the various science departments.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Train Station
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary