Stockholm School of Economics: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
One of the leading Business Schools of Europe, Stockholm School of Economics is located in Sweden. It is the only privately funded university in Sweden. The University offers 2 undergraduate programs, 5 graduate programs, and a specialized degree, MBA. It conducts research and education in economics, finance, business administration, and related disciplines. There are seven departments.
The school is accredited by EQUIS and is also a member of CEMS. The university has quite a low acceptance rate as it receives a lot of applications and the competition is cut-throat.
Stockholm School of Economics Rankings
- It is one of the leading Business Schools in Europe and has been ranked by The Financial Times as
- Executive Open Programs: 25 (of 80)
- Executive Customised Programs: 35 (of 90)
- Master in Finance:19 (of 55)
- Master in Management (the MSc Program in International Business): 13 (of 100)
- Global Executive MBA: 68 (of 100)
- European Business School: 26 (of 95)
- Stockholm University is ranked 175th in Times Higher Education World Rankings 2020.
|Campus Setting||Suburb: Midsize|
|Intake||Fall, Winter and Summer|
Stockholm School of Economics Campus
- Students can engage in Clubs and Organisations, Trips, Tournaments, and SSE has a vibrant campus life with various traditions and fun activities.
- The campus provides various opportunities to students interested in Sports as they can practice with a coach and their fellows every week.
- Stockholm School of Economics has its pub, clubs, and banquet hall for its students.
- The university has a gender-inclusive campus and has a Flag of the Queer Community unfurled to denote the same.
Stockholm School of Economics Residence
- Stockholm School of Economics has two residences for International and Ph.D. students – Huvudsta and Liljeholmen.
- Huvudsta residence hall has three-room apartments, single studio apartments, and single-room apartments. Liljeholmen residence hall has apartments with a bathroom, balcony, and with shower and toilet.
- Amenities provided: All residence halls have a security door, private bathroom, kitchenette, furniture, internet, heating, electricity, and free laundry facility.
- Rent also includes the cleaning of the apartment once a month.
Stockholm School of Economics Programs
- Stockholm School of Economics offers a variety of courses in the field of Economics: Retail Management, Finance, and Accounting to name a few.
- The University provides 2 undergraduate degrees, 5 graduate degrees, and an MBA degree.
- Three different Ph.D. programs are offered by the School – Business Administration, Economics, and Finance.
- Master of Science in Business and Administration offers three specializations - International Business, Management and Marketing, and Media Management.
- Its programs are recognized internationally.
Stockholm School of Economics Application Process
Applicants can apply for the Stockholm School of Economics admissions by January 15. It attracts a lot of international students to study in Sweden.
Application Portal: University Application Portal
Application Fee: 900 SEK
- Completed Application
- Academic Transcripts
- Secondary Education and above for UG admissions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees for graduate admissions
- GPA corresponding 17.0 in the Swedish upper secondary system or equivalent qualification.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Undergraduate: IELTS- 6.5, TOEFL IBT - 90
- Graduate: IELTS- 7.0, TOEFL IBT - 100
- Standardized Scores
- SAT/ACT Scores
- GMAT/GRE Scores (Graduate admissions)
- Motivation Letter (300-500 words)
- Updated Resume/ CV
- Personal Interview
- Work Experience (Graduate)
- References (Optional)
- Essay Question (MBA Program)
- High-Resolution Digital Photo
Stockholm School of Economics Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fee (Annual)|
|BSc programs||100 000 SEK|
|MSc programs||150 000 SEK|
|Ph.D. programs||Free of charge|
|MBA program||495 000 SEK|
|Accommodation Costs (Per Month)|
|Single Studio Apartment||9500 SEK|
|Single Room Apartment||6000 SEK|
|Three-room Apartment For Two-person||7500 SEK|
Stockholm School of Economics Financial Aid
- 89% of the students receive scholarships offered by the Stockholm School of Economics. Whether or not a student will be provided with a Financial Aid depends on a student’s academic merit, personal motivation, extracurricular activities, and financial needs.
- The Scholarship application is to be submitted along with the Admission Application.
- The scholarships are given on a competitive basis and the candidate is selected by a panel.
- These scholarships cover Tuition Fee or Living Costs or Travelling Costs or combinations of them.
- Applicants may apply for various external scholarships to study in Sweden.
Stockholm School of Economics Alumni
Notable alumni of SSE are
- Sara Kukka Salam: Politician
- Philip Jonzon Jarl: Start-up founder, Magister Graduate
- Sebastian Siemiatkowski: Co-Founder and CEO of Klarna
- Jacob de Geer: Co-Founder and CEO of iZettle,
- Dan T. Sahlberg: Author of highly popular novels MONA and SINON, the Founder and CEO of Sehlhall Fastigheter, and also the CEO of Citat Group
- Thomas Berglund: former President as well as the CEO of Securitas.
Stockholm School of Economics Placements
- Within three months of completing their graduation, 90% of graduates of the Stockholm School of Economics accepted a job offer.
- The average annual salary for Bachelor graduates a year after their studies were 415,809 SEK.
- Corporate companies like Amazon, Barclays, Filippa K, hire the best of Stockholm School of Economics graduates.
- 40% of the graduates chose Consultancy as their employment sector and 29% chose Finance.
The teaching faculty is amazing, so are the corporate partnerships of this school. The best part is the practical education that they focus on instead of the traditional education system. SSE is like the Ivy League school of the Nordics and its in-house business incubator, Stockholm School of Economics Business Lab is ones of the best in the Nordics and has produced multiple unicorns.
Course Curriculum :
Curriculum is very industry oriented and practical. Frequent guest lectures from the top industrialists allow for a very open environment for interaction, learning and networking. The course can be hectic but all Masters are similar in this manner.
I am studying with a very varied group of people, from established businesses men to people handling non-profit organizations are my classmates. It is very rewarding to discuss challenges and share experiences in an open environment. To be able to link the ideas and theory to concrete projects is really a great opportunity. The new knowledge and network that I am gaining will surely be helpful in the future.
Course Curriculum :
This Executive MBA from Sweden is one of the most innovative countries in the world. It is a program for business development and learning and allows me to enhance my skills and network as well. Every day I am being challenged. This 18 months long course provides me an innovation, entrepreneurship, and financial management knowledge.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary