Umea University Ranking, Programs, Admission Process & Living Cost
Umea University, the 5th oldest university of Sweden, was established in 1965 in Umea, Sweden. It ranks 46th in the THE “Golden Age” universities 2018 and 5th in Europe in terms of International Student Satisfaction. It also ranks 26th in the Arts and Design category of QS rankings.
|University Type||Public research university|
|No. of Departments||39|
|Type of Programs||Full-time; Distance|
|On Campus residence||No|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
|Admission Helpline||4690 786 5000|
Programs, Residence and Campus
- There are total 44 international programs that are taught in English.
- Master’s degree programs range between 1-2 years.
- The international Housing Office helps its fee-paying students in finding an accommodation for a maximum of 2 academic years.
- Students wanting to enroll for more than one year program type need to give a proof that they can support themselves for 10 months by paying 8,370 SEK per month as living expenses.
Umea University Admissions
- Application Form: All the students have to apply to the university programs through the national portal for admission – universityadmissions.se
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: Equivalent to English course 6
- Test Scores: GMAT
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Mathematical requirements (for bachelor’s), thesis work, other subject wise requirements
- Intake Window: 16 October – 15 January
English Proficiency Test
For getting accepted in Umea University, the student can submit any of the below mentioned scores. These scores are equivalent to the accepted English course 6 level taught at the Swedish senior secondary level.
|IELTS||6.5 or more|
|TOEFL||90 - iBT|
|575 - PBT|
|Cambridge Michigan Language Assessment/Cambridge ESOL||-|
|Category||Cost per year|
|Fine Arts||3,64,500 SEK|
|National Sciences||1,42,800 SEK|
|Social Sciences||93,000 SEK|
|Sports Sciences||2,09,300 SEK|
|Teaching/ Education||1,26,200 SEK|
|Technology (IT)||1,42,800 SEK|
The university offers various scholarships to its international students in the form of tuition fee-waiver. In Autumn 2018, 40 scholarships were awarded to the students in the various disciplines. The candidates for these scholarships are selected on the basis of their academic merit.
Additionally, the Swedish Institute also grants scholarships to the selected non-EU/EEA students which cover their tuition fee, cost of living, etc.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Times Higher Education
RANKED #351 - #400
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #301 - #400
View More >>
QS World University
I choose this University and the lab because I have the line of research experience that was going on in that lab.
Course Curriculum :
It was excellent. The environment is very much work friendly. The project was also pretty good.
When I was searching for the best place to study the life sciences course I landed on the Umea University website. I liked their course curriculum and their methods of studies as well. From one of the graduate student's reviews, I got to know that the university posses well-equipped labs and tools. Also, a student can reach to the office whenever they need help. The unconditional acceptance letter that was of SEK 900 was paid by me to apply for the university.
Course Curriculum :
In the first year, I acquired the basic knowledge of chemistry and molecular biology. Some of the other subjects like bio-organic chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, and molecular genetics will also be taken as the course follows. Also, my program ends with a thesis project.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary