Cass Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1966, Cass Business School is in collaboration with University of London. Best known for its MBA, business, finance and management programs; Cass offers the largest number of specialist Masters courses in Europe. With a diverse exposure and student life, and striving for excellence, Cass opens significant avenues for its students.
Cass Business School boasts of the Triple-crown accreditation: AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
Cass also has a Dubai Campus, established in 2007. It is not only an eminent business centre but also guarantees the quality of education, with London-based faculty flying in for the courses. It is amongst the top rated business schools to study in the UK. With synergy of unparalleled reputation, academic curriculum and values, Cass is consistently ranked amongst the best business schools.
Cass Business School Rankings
- Top 50 in 2020 in the Best Global Universities in the United Kingdom by US News
- Top 1 year MBA in London, Top value for money MBA London in Financial Times Global MBA ranking 2020
- 6th in UK, 12th in Europe, top 50 globally in Financial Times MBA ranking 2020
- 2nd in London for Business, Management and Marketing in the Guardian University Guide 2020
- 2nd in London for Finance and Accounting Programs in the Times Good University Guide 2020
|Mode of Program||Full time, Part time, online|
|Summer School Program||Yes|
|English Language Proficiency Score||TOEFL or IELTS or PTE|
|Financial Aid||Grants, loans and scholarships|
|Admission firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com|
+44 (0)20 7040 4040
Cass Business School Campus
- Cass Business School is located in Central London which instates itself as the intellectual hub, having a good connection with multinationals, start ups and the potential employers that the students need.
- Cass undergraduate students study at City University of London at Northampton Square Campus, being the main campus.
- Cass Business School at 106 Bunhill Row is for Cass Postgraduate students, with courses like Finance, Management, MBA offered here.
- The state-of-the-art Executive Education campus is located at Aldersgate Street, within the Square Mile in the city of London.
- Cass promotes a diverse and flourishing student culture, with over 30 different clubs and societies, including business clubs, sports clubs and cultural clubs. These clubs not only facilitate student networking but also fosters business skills and interests.
- Students have access to a variety of academic, social and entertainment events, through the City University Students Union.
Cass Business School Residence
- Majority of Cass Students stay at the University Residence Halls in the first year before moving to a private rented accommodation.
- The Accommodation Team in the Student Centre helps by offering a wide range of University accommodation, with the Undergraduate accommodation split across four areas: Liberty Court, Liberty Hall, Liberty House, The Garden Halls and East Central House.
- Postgraduate accommodations are split across four halls: Alliance House, Willen House and iQ City.
- International students are offered guaranteed accommodation in their first year, having met the criteria, in the City’s nominated halls.
- Service and support is also offered to all students who wish to look for private accommodation in the local area.
Cass Business School Programs
- Cass Business School offers a wide range of Undergraduate, Masters, and PhD programs. It also offers Summer School.
- The undergraduate degree program has course subjects: Accounting, Actuarial Science, Business and Management and Finance; with abundant professional exposure opportunities in the form of internships and placements.
- In the undergraduate degree program, students also have study options including replacing a term abroad, Cass having 35 highly-ranked partner universities.
- Cass offers 20 Master’s degree courses, in the subjects of Finance, Management, Entrepreneurship, Real Estate, Supply Chain Management and Actuarial Science, having options to study full-time, part-time and online.
- The executive MBA program helps students balance their career and study in the twice-weekly evening sessions, over 24 months.
- For the PhD program, Cass Business School has over 100 active research scholars who hold excellent academic credentials and each student is allocated two or more supervisors to foster their academic growth. PhD is offered in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Finance and in Management, Marketing & Operations.
- Cass London Summer School is designed for students to enhance their qualifications and to boost their skills over the summer break; by studying a credit-bearing graduate/postgraduate module.
Cass Business School Application Process
To get admission at Cass Business School, international students need to keep the following in mind:
Undergraduate Student Admission
Application Portal: Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), UCAS’s online application
Requirements for International students:
- Higher Secondary Certificate (on completion of Grade 12)
- English language qualification
- For BSc Accounting and Finance: 85% in Maths and minimum 75% in all other subjects
- For BSc Actuarial Science and relate degrees: 90% overall with 90% in Maths and no less than 80% in all other subjects
- For all other degrees: 80% in Maths and minimum 75% in all other subjects
Admission deadline: For International students, 30 June 2020
Postgraduate Student Admission
Application Fee: Not applicable
- A UK 2,1 or above Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent from an overseas institution
- An interim transcript
- A list of modules undertaken in the final year of study
- English Requirements: IELTS, PTE or TOEFL exam
- IELTS (minimum overall score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and no less than 6.0 in any other section)
- PTE (overall of 68 with a minimum of 60 in writing with no less than 55 in any other section)
- TOEFL (minimum 104 and no less than 25 in the writing section in the TOEFL iBT)
- Two references (one from tutor at the university level and one from current or recent employer or supervisor, two academic references incase of no work experience)
- GMAT: for Finance-related courses and recommended for MSc Management as well (score of over 600 with all sections marked at minimum of 50%)
Application Deadline: Mid-July 2020
Cass Business School Cost of Living
The estimated cost of living for the students at Cass involves Tuition, accommodation, food, study materials, travel, bills, miscellaneous. Although student discounts in the form of Student Travel Card is available.
|Expenses||MSc students (per week)||MBA students (per month)|
|Accommodation||£150 - £280||£400 - £1,000|
|Food||£40 - £60||£150 - £500|
|Travel||£10 - £30||¢40 - £120|
|Entertainment||£20 - £50||£100 - £200|
Cass Business School Financial Aid
International students can consider financial assistance from various sources of funding to study in the UK.
- Undergraduate students have options available like loans for tuition fees and living costs, scholarships and grants.
- ‘Cass Business School International Scholarship’ of £2000 towards Year 1 tuition fees is for the International students who achieve outstanding grades in the qualifications accepted by Cass, ‘President’s International Scholarship’ of £2000 each year towards tuition fees to international students who achieve exceptional grades at ‘A’ level, amongst others.
- Cass also offers a number of other scholarships to postgraduate students like the Stelios scholarship, Aviva Scholarship, The Red Shoe Scholarship – Global Women’s Leadership Programme and many others for students to reward their academic excellence.
- Apart from scholarships, which can be really competitive, loan information is also provided for students.
Cass Business School Alumni
Cass alumni are in every market around the world including banking, law, management, stock broking and education. Cass alumni stay connected and strengthen links through webinars, conferences and other events. Cass alumni benefits include access to Northampton Square Library and other resources, alumni reunions and Graduate loyalty discount.
Some notable alumni are:
- Sir Brendan Barber: General Secretary of the Trades Union Congress
- Jawaharlal Nehru: First Prime Minister of the Republic of India
- Jerry Fishenden: Technologist, currently National Technology Officer for the UK
- Muhtar Kent: CEO of the Coca-Cola Company. Formerly, President and CEO of Coca-Cola International.
Cass Business School Placement
- For Undergraduate students, Cass hosts Work Placement and Internship Fair, to meet potential recruiters. The placement team supports the students by offering advice on CV and cover letters, organizing workshops and other events.
- The Micro-Placements Programme gives the students studying Accounting and Finance or Actuarial Science to gain professional experience to improve their skillset.
- Cass students have the opportunity to a professional placement in the third year of the degree course. Cass students have been placed in Accenture, Deloitte, EY, L’Oreal, Morgan Stanley, Hilton, Warner Bros, UNICEF and many other distinguished organizations.
- Cass Business School Full-Time MBA class of 2018 stats show that 93% received a job offer within 3 months of graduation, 73% changed job function post-MBA and 58% changed industry post-MBA.