Bangor University 2020-2021 Admissions: Entry Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Established in 1884, Bangor University is a UK based educational institution offering numerous courses to the students. Presently more than 10,000 students are studying at Bangor University, out of which more than 23% of the international students. Bangor University offers more than 250 undergraduate and over 150 graduate courses to international students.
- Bangor University open application for two sessions.
- Applicants may upload the supporting documents while making online applications.
- Applications are invited throughout the year.
- International students are required to have proficiency in the English language to study here.
- Students not meeting the English language requirements can take up Pre-sessional English Programs before doing their desired course.
- For September intake, application till June will be considered.
- For January intake, the application till the end of October will be considered.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for a maximum of 3 different programs at Bangor University
- Bangor University is one of the popular options among the students planning to study in the UK.
- International applicants who are unable to join the university in September will be able to join the course online and continue the studies from their country.
- The applicants can apply for a refund subject to the usual conditions posted on the website, applicants can also defer their start or secure their place for next year.
- Due to the closing of the test center, online English proficiency test scores are also valid. Applicants must check it before applying.
Bangor University at a Glance
|Application portal||Online portal|
|Academic calendars||Semester based|
|Work experience||For mature student|
Bangor University Application deadline
Deadlines for both UG and PG students are:
|For September 2021 intake||June 12, 2021|
|For January 2021 intake||October 30, 2020|
Bangor University International student’s admission
Bangor University accepts students from worldwide into their wide range of courses offered following the minimum eligibility criteria with all supporting documents in proper time.
Application fees: Not mentioned
- Academic transcripts
- English proficiency
- Personal statement
- Letter of reference.
- Proof of sufficient funds to pay the fees
- Valid visa
- Other supporting documents may be required according to the course and
Country specific requirements
|Country||Requirements for UG||Requirements for PG|
|India||65% in all Central and State Boards (excluding Punjab State Board); 85% from Punjab State Board (or equivalent in Diploma in Engineering/Technology subject)||Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2:2 equivalent score|
|Hong Kong||Students must have good grades in the Hong Kong Diploma in Secondary Education (HKDSE), 4 core subjects, and category A Electives with at least level 4 in one core/elective subject and level 4 in English.||Second Class - Lower Division or at least a GPA of 2.3 (C+) from a recognized institution in Hong Kong.|
|Indonesia||A good grade in the Senior High School qualification and 1-year Foundation Program is required.||Minimum Sarjana 1 (S1) accredited with A or at least a GPA of 2.5 (out of 4).|
English proficiency requirement:
|IELTS scores required||Equivalent TOEFL iBT scores required|
|6.0 (5.5)||75 overall
(L-17, R-18, S-20, W-18)
|6.5 (6.0)||85 overall
(L-20, R-20, S-20, W-22)
Bangor University Visa process
For studying in the UK, students need to apply for visa and immigration after getting accepted at Bangor University, the applicant needs to pay the tuition fee to secure their seats. They will then receive a Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) statement. The applicant should immediately apply for the visa process.
- Valid passport
- CAS statement
- Receipt of payment of visa processing fee
- Proof of financial ability
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Academic transcript
Bangor University Undergraduate Admissions
The students can either apply online or they can apply through UCAS as well while applying for a UG course at Bangor University. International students need to upload supporting documents, answer questions and submit their applications. Biological Science, Computer Science, Accounting, etc. are some of the popular streams.
Offering as many as 300 undergraduate courses in English as well as in Welsh, Bangor surely gives a lot of options to choose from.
Where to apply: UCAS or directly over the university’s online application portal
Admission Requirements: All applicants must fulfill the admission requirements as discussed below.
- For direct entry to 1st year- School leaving certificate equivalent to British school-leaving qualification (A-levels or International baccalaureate).
- For direct entry to 2nd year of 3rd or 4th-year undergraduate degree- A transfer is possible if the program undertaken at any other university (in the UK or overseas) is equivalent to 1st-year studies of Bangor University. For this, an official certified transcript detailing the study undertaken till the mentioned date.
- For mature students with industry experience- Employer references signed by the HR department or senior manager in the company, and a detailed CV including career history and job responsibilities.
Bangor University Admission requirements for a postgraduate course
The courses offered at Bangor University are among the top 40 in the UK for research. Bangor University offers numerous graduate courses to the students, out of which a few popular courses include masters’ in computer science, biology, design & technology, and much more.
- How to apply: Official portal or through agents
- Application fee: There is no application fee for online courses.
- Documents to be submitted: Following documents need to be submitted depending upon the applicant type.
- For entry-level - Bachelor degree minimum equivalent to British undergraduate degree with a minimum grade equivalent to British second-class honors. For more details, refer to country-specific requirements.
- For mature students with industry experience - Employer references signed by the HR department or senior manager in the company, and a detailed CV including career history and job responsibilities.
- For MBA courses no GMAT scores or work experience is essential
While the basic admission requirements are the same as in undergraduate admissions (like the documents to be submitted, and English proficiency requirement), it is important to note that each graduate program has its own unique admission requirements.
|Requirement||MBA||LLM||MA in Sports History, Culture, and the media||MA in Creative writing||MSc in Accounting|
|Academic transcripts||Required||Required, a minimum of a 2(ii) degree from an approved University||Required||Required||Required, at least a good first degree of 2(ii) or higher or equivalent from a university|
|Letter of reference||Required||Required||Required||Required||Required|
|Work experience||Desirable||Considered||Considered||Considered||experience of working within the field of accounting|
|GMAT/GRE scores||Considered||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not mentioned|
The admissions office may ask for additional documents. If the application is successful, the students will receive an offer letter in the application portal. The applicants must read the terms and conditions and select the Accept or decline option.
International applicants are considered for scholarships automatically.
For the courses at Bangor University on campus, applicants are requested to make the applications before the deadline. It may take a few weeks for the successful processing of the application and the arrival of the decision. Students will be notified about the admission decision via the application portal. Students are requested to check the progress of the application regularly. The admission letter will guide the student in further procedures.
Ques. How to check the status of the application at Bangor University?
Ans. After submission of the online application form with all the documents, the applicants can check the progress of the application by logging in to the application portal at Bangor University.
Ques. What are the other options if the applicant does not qualify for entry into a Master's degree at Bangor University?
Ans. The applicants who do not qualify for the entry on to the master's degree in the School of Business at Bangor University may consider applying for the International Incorporated Masters degree (IIM). The pre-masters part of the course is delivered at Bangor University in partnership with the Oxford International Education Group.
Ques. What is the English requirement for Indian students at Bangor University?
Ans. Students need to have at least 70% marks in English for all central and state boards except Punjab State Board.