Liverpool John Moores University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The Liverpool John Moores University currently is a community of over 23000 students, 2400 staff and 250 courses. LJMU is offering on-campus accommodation to its UG and PG students. The students, staff and the wider global community perceive this university as an unashamedly ambitious institution.
- Undergraduate applications are accepted via UCAS, while the postgraduate applications are accepted through the university’s online application portal
- The applicants are advised to check the UCAS page for information on events and deadlines for application and more.
- The Liverpool John Moores University generally accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE as English Proficiency Tests mediums.
- A plethora of undergraduate, PG taught and PG research courses are offered by the university on both full-time and part-time basis.
- The university offers on campus as well as off-campus accommodation to students as required.
- A few of the PG courses may require the applicants to submit an ATAS certificate.
|Application platform for international applicants||Application on UCAS online page of the university.|
|Acceptance Rate||Information Not Available|
|Application fees for international students||Deposit of £4000 and £18 application fee|
|Financial Aid||LJMU funded and externally funded scholarships|
|Entry Requirements||Vary country wise|
|Intake seasons||Fall: 30th June|
Liverpool John Moores University Admission Deadline
- For undergraduate courses, students can submit their applications to UCAS from 1 September for entry in September the next year. The final application deadline for International applicants is 30 June 2019.
- For part-time and full-time Ph.D. degree, the applications can be made twice in an year:
- January 28 – February 8, 2019
- June 17 – June 28, 2019
Note – The respective departments are responsible for fixing these deadlines. The deadlines are subject to change depending upon the number of applications received and the source of financial assistance.
Liverpool John Moores University International Students Admissions
General important documents required to be submitted by the applicant:
- Application form duly filled
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation
- Previous transcripts or proof of previous studies
- Proof of financial support
Liverpool John Moores University Admission Requirements
While applying for PG taught or research courses, international applicants are recommended to check whether they need to obtain the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate depending on the requirements of the course. The arrival of the ATAS certificate may take up to 6 weeks, applicants are therefore advised to arrange all the prerequisites well in advance so they can complete the application without any hassle. The entry requirements for undergraduate and graduate courses differ by country. The country-wise requirements for some of the South Asian countries are mentioned below:
- Undergraduate applicants require a Diploma or Technical Diploma with 65%.
- Postgraduate applicants require a Bachelor of Science from Kabul University or a master’s degree.
- Undergraduate Applicants must have completed High School with an average grade of 60% and 1 further year of study from the Bangladesh Technical Education Board.
- Candidates studying for their A-Levels will also be accepted given the correct amount of tariff points.
- Students with the International Baccalaureate Diploma can also apply given 27 points or more for first-year entry.
- Postgraduate applicants require a four-year bachelor’s degree with GPA 2.9/4.0, from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) or a master’s degree.
- Applicants with a master’s degree from a private institution can also apply.
- Undergraduate applicants require a Higher Secondary Certificate/Standard 12/Indian School Certificate (Year 12) or All India Senior School Certificate with a minimum of 65% (60% in Maths and your chosen subject and 70% in English).
- Postgraduate applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with a pass rate of 53% (55% for the MBA program).
- Undergraduate applicants must hold An STPM (Malaysia Higher School Certificate) or Unified Examination Certificate (UEC - Senior Middle Level) with relevant subjects, excluding Malay and Chinese or MQA Foundation Certificate.
- Postgraduate applicants require a bachelor's degree from an MQA approved institution.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed the Higher Secondary Education with a pass rate of 60% overall or over, HSE certificate with a pass rate of 65% overall, A-Level (104 UCAS Points) or BCC, IB Score of 27 & above.
- Postgraduate applicants require a four-year bachelor’s degree from the Universities of Kathmandu, Tribhuvan or Pokhara. Applicants who have studied a three-year bachelor’s degree from other institutions must have completed a 3-year bachelor's degree and a master’s degree.
- Undergraduate applicants require a two-year Bachelor's degree or Associate Degree from a recognized university with 55%+ or 2.7 GPA (Science needed for Engineering and Science courses).
- Postgraduate applicants require a four-year bachelor’s degree or a two-year bachelor’s degree and a two-year master’s degree or a three-year bachelor’s degree and a one-year master’s degree from a recognized university for Postgraduate courses. Applicants with an overall pass percentage of 55% or 2.5/4.0 will be considered for access to Postgraduate courses.
- Undergraduate applicants require a Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced levels).
- Postgraduate applicants require a bachelor’s degree (special or honors) from a recognized university.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The minimum English language scores required by LJMU are:
- International Foundation Programme: IELTS 4.5.
- Undergraduate degrees: IELTS 6.0.
- Postgraduate degrees: IELTS 6.5.
Note: Please note, specific course requirements may differ.
Visa Process for International Students
Students must apply for a visa as soon as they have received an offer of a place at LJMU. To obtain an entry visa you should go to the British Embassy or High Commission in your own country, and present the original following documents:
- A valid LJMU Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Evidence of financial support for the program
- Two recent photographs of yourself (passport-size)
- All relevant educational diplomas and certificates (as stated in your CAS)
- A declaration of your intent to return home on completion of your course of study
Liverpool John Moores University Undergraduate Admissions
Where to Apply: Online Application Portal
Application Fee: £18
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- High School Diploma/Transcripts or proof of previous studies as required country-wise
- Content of written personal statement
- Proof of residence
- Proof of financial support
- English proficiency test score result
- Letter of recommendation
Liverpool John Moores University Graduate Admissions
The university offers a variety of full-time and part-time PG taught and research courses. The full-time courses are offered for a duration of 1 year, while the part-time courses extend up to a duration of 2 years.
Application Portal: Students need to fill the online application form available on the official website.
Here is the table specifying the requirements of the most popular courses of the University:
|Course||Entry Requirements||English Language Proficiency Score|
|MS in Data Science||a minimum 2:2 in a numerate, scientific or computer-based subject, an A level, or equivalent, in Mathematics at Grade C or more||IELTS 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)|
|MBA||a minimum 2:2 honors degree two references two or more years’ management experience||IELTS 6.5 (Min. 6.0 in each component) or Pearson 58-64|
|MS in Civil Engineering||a minimum 2:2 in civil, structural or any other engineering stream or considerable relevant work experience||IELTS 6.5 (Min. 6.0 in each component) or Pearson 58-64|
|Masters in Architecture||a minimum 2:2 honors degree in Architecture||IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component) or Pearson 58-64|
|LL.M||A minimum 2:2 in a subject such as Law, Criminal Justice, Politics, Finance, Banking or Accounting||IELTS 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component) or Pearson 50-57|
After receiving complete applications, the university takes up to one month to process the applications. After receiving the admission offer, the applicants must accept the offer within 2 weeks and secure their seat by paying the enrollment fee.