University of Westminster Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Ranked among the top 15 most international universities in the world for the percentage of international students (Times Higher Education, 2017), the University of Westminster caters to more than 19000 students in undergraduate, graduate and professional courses. Students from more than 169 countries are exposed to a long history of collaborations, engagement, global research, and institutional partnerships. They have shown marked success with students placed in BBC, BARCLAYS, NHS, and HARRODS.
- The University of Westminster invites applications for admissions from September 1.
- Both the undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through UCAS.
- Undergraduate, Postgraduate and short courses span a variety of subjects – from Architecture and Interiors to Computer Science and Software Engineering, from Business and Management to Journalism, Digital Media and PR.
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of Engish proficiency.
- International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
- Applicants must keep track of their application status through UCAS track.
|Admission Requirements for International Students||Online portal (Course Page)|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||According to UCAS policy|
|Average IELTS Score||Undergraduate – 6.0|
Graduate – 6.5
|Average TOEFL Score||Undergraduate – 80|
Graduate – 92
|Total number of Students||19000|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Discover/visa|
|Work Experience||Required for Business Programs|
|Financial Aid||Work-Study, Loans, Grants, and Scholarships|
University Of Westminster Admission Deadlines
The applicants are advised to apply before given deadlines to be considered for admission;
The University of Westminster invites application for both undergraduate and graduate students from September 1 every year for the upcoming year. The last day to receive applications is January 15.
University Of Westminster Undergraduate Admissions
Students from more than 160 countries apply for different courses in this University thus making it the most internationally diverse university in the UK (Hotcourses Index, 2016).
Where to Apply: UCAS portal
Application Fee: According to UCAS policy.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s).
- Certified by the institution's office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institute a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts that are not in English, must be accompanied along with the certified English translation.
- Must have a minimum of 70% in class 12 for undergraduate admissions.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- At least one Letter of recommendation is mandatory.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of purpose which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
Procedure to apply:
- Find the required course on the official website.
- Apply for a full-time course( UCAS institution code – W50)
- There is an application fee, which is payable to UCAS online or through your school or college. If you're not at school or college, you can still apply through UCAS.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants can submit the TOEFL and/or IELTS scores to demonstrate English proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are given below. However, applicants must note that several departments may different score requirements.
|Test||Minimum required score|
|TOEFL-iBT||Undergraduate - 80 (Listening -17, Writing and Reading -18, Speaking -20)|
Graduate - 92 ( Listening -17, Writing and Reading -18, Speaking -20)
|IELTS||Undergraduate - 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.|
Graduate - 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
Visa Process for International Students
- Meet the UK immigration and eligibility requirements.
- Apply online for Tier 4 VISA, 3 months prior.
- Documents Required:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies- this will be issued to you when your admission has been confirmed by the University.
- Financial evidence: provide the proof that you are capable of paying the necessary. If you are relying on your parents' funds you will also need to include the following:
- Letter of consent from your parents
- Your birth certificate
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Certificate- for science and technology courses.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test- valid for six months
- A photograph
- Police Registration Certificate-not required to submit a police registration certificate if submitted an entry clearance application.
- Translations- of the documents are not in English.
University Of Westminster Graduate Admissions
University offers more than 120 graduate courses to all the applicants. While the specific requirements may vary for each program, the general admission requirements remain the same.
Where to apply: Program course page
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (Honours) from an accredited university with a minimum overall average of 55% or CGPA 6.0 out of 10.0 depending on the university, or
- 3-year Bachelor's degree (Science) from an accredited university with a minimum overall from 58% or CGPA 6.5 out of 10.0 depending on the university, or
- 4-year Bachelor's degree (Eng/Tech) from an accredited university with a minimum overall average of 55% or CGPA 6.0 out of 10.0 depending on the university
Procedure to apply:
- Go to the official website and choose the required course page
- After being directed to UCAS website fill the details keeping objectives such as why you wish to enroll in the course, any relevant experience you have, why you think you should be given a place.
- There are no official admission deadlines but apply before three months, the course starts.
In addition to the general admission requirements discussed for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, there are requirements that vary country wise. All international applicants must go through these specific requirements to ensure that they don’t miss out on anything while making an application.
Admissions office manages the evaluation of the received applications. Only complete applications are processed further. The admission officers check whether the applicant is meeting the entry requirements and renders admission decision within 15 days.