- Nalanda Open University is inviting applications for 2020 admissions. The last date to apply for admission is scheduled for December 15, 2020. Eligible candidates are required to apply online for admission before the deadline.
NOU Admission 2020
|Application start date||August 15, 2020|
|Last date apply||December 15, 2020|
Nalanda Open University (NOU) is the only Unversity imparting distance education system in Bihar. It was established in 1987 under the Bihar Government’s ordinance. NOU offers 24 Undergraduate, 27 Postgraduate, 44 certificate, 5 Postgraduate Diploma, and 8 Intermediate courses to students. Nalanda Open University is ranked amongst the top ten Colleges of Bihar offering B.Ed.
Nalanda Open University Highlights
Nalanda Open University at a glance:
|Application Fee||400 INR|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Selection Criteria||Merit-based and Entrance-Based (B.Ed. and Ph.D.)|
|Entrance test accepted||B.Ed. - Combined Entrance Test (CET)|
|Degrees||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Programs||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate, B.Ed, Research.|
Nalanda Open University Courses
Nalanda Open University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate, Postgraduate diploma, and intermediate courses to students. Eligibility and fee structure varies from course-to-course. Details of major NOU courses are as follows:
|B.A||Intermediate in any stream||3 years||2,400|
|BA (Hons)||Intermediate in any stream||3 years||2,400|
|B.Sc. (Hons)||Intermediate in Science stream||3 years||2,400|
|BLIS. (Bachelor of Library and Information sciences)||Bachelor’s Degree||1 year||5,500|
|B.Com||Intermediate in any stream||3 years||2,400|
|BCA||Intermediate with Maths/ Computer||3 years||6,600|
|BBA||Intermediate in any stream||3 years||6,600|
|B.Ed.||Bachelor’s degree with 45% and two years of teaching experience||2 years||25,000|
|Certificate courses||Intermediate or matriculation as per course requirement||6/9 months||1,650|
|P.G Diploma||Bachelor’s Degree||1 year||5,500|
|MCA||BCA/ B.Sc.(Computer Science) or Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics||3 years||12,000|
|MJMC||Bachelor’s degree / PGDJMC||2 years||5,000|
|Ph.D||Postgraduate in relevant subject||-||-|
NOTE: 25% fee concession in all courses for female applicants.
READ MORE: MJMC
READ MORE: Nalanda Open University Courses and Fee
Nalanda Open University Admission
Admission to Nalanda Open University is both Online and Offline. Applicants may pay INR 400 and buy prospectus and admission form from the sales counter of the university. Or, they may apply online through the university website.
- Steps involved while applying Offline are:
- Acquire prospectus and application form from the sales counter
- Pay INR 400 via demand draft in favor of NOU, Patna.
- Further, fill the application form, attach all the necessary documents, and pay the course fee.
- Steps involved while applying online are:
- Visit the official website www.nalandaopenuniversity.com and click on the link Registration cum Admission link.
- Select part 1 of the application form, pay the application fee of INR 450.
- Fill the application form, attach all the necessary documents along with the application fee receipt.
- Take a print out of the form and submit it to the university with other required documents (if any).
Documents required at the time of admission are:
- Attested copy of mark sheet, matriculation for proof of age, caste certificate.
- Original mark sheets of the qualifying examination for verification.
- Envelops, photographs, and receipts or demand drafts of the fees paid.
Admission to all the courses is based on merit secured in the qualifying exam except B.Ed. and Ph.D. for which candidates need to appear in CET-BED and entrance test respectively.
Nalanda Open University Post-admission
The university provides the following items and documents to the students once the admission is given to the applicant:
- Money Receipt
- Registration slip
- Identity card
- Admit card for examination
- Study material
- Assignment answer books and envelopes
- Assignment questions
READ MORE: Nalanda Open University Admissions
Nalanda Open University Faculty
Present faculty members of NOU are:
SRI PHAGU CHAUHAN
- Designation: Chancellor
- He is also the Honorable Governor of Bihar
Prof. Gulab Chand Ram Jaiswal
- Designation: Vice-Chancellor
Prof. (Dr.) Kriteshwar Prasad
- Designation: Pro Vice-Chancellor
Wing Commander Surendra Kumar Sharma
- Designation: Registrar
READ MORE: Nalanda Open University Faculty
Nalanda Open University Schools
NOU has 10 operational Schools, namely:
- School of Computer Education and Information Technology
- School of Economics, Commerce, and Management
- School of Health and Environmental Science
- School of Indian and Foreign Languages
- School of Indology
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- School of Library and Information Science
- School of Pure and Agricultural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Teacher’s Education
Nalanda Open University: Infrastructure
The university is working from its camp office at Biscomaun Bhawan, Patna. The office is well equipped and has a 60,000 sq. ft. of area as its examination center for 1000 students. This also covers a Library, Computer Lab. Apart from this area, the university also has its administrative office and other infrastructures.
Know More: Top correspondence MA colleges in India
Nalanda Open University FAQ
Ques. Why Nalanda Open University?
Ques. Are there any Scholarships for students at Nalanda Open University?
Ques. Any accommodation near Nalanda Open University?
Ques. I have a degree in distance learning from Nalanda Open University, am I eligible for UPSC?