Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) was established in 1951. The institute is approved by the University Grant Commission (UGC). NNM offers degree, certificate, diploma and research courses in the discipline of Pali, Philosophy, Ancient History, Culture and Archaeology, Tibetan Studies, Sanskrit and many more.
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Highlights
|Entrance Exam||University: Entrance Test conducted by the college|
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Courses
NNM offers Certificate, Diploma, UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. Listed below are the details for same:
|UG||B.A. (Hons.) in Pali||
|Ancient History Culture & Archaeology|
|Ancient History Culture & Archaeology||
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Candidates:
- Candidates are not required to qualify the Entrance Test/Proficiency Test, provided they have passed the equitable qualifying examination from a foreign University/Institution.
- Candidates who have passed the equitable qualifying examination are required to qualify the Entrance Test.
- Candidates must have a valid residential permit/visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned course.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge of English/Hindi as per the requirement of the course.
- The AIU/CU/IAU should approve Degrees/Certificates of the candidates.
- The antecedents of the candidate should be verified by the forwarding Agencies/Ministry.
Check NNM Courses and Fees
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Admission
- Applicants can download the application form via the official website of the college or can obtain an application form from the office of the college.
- Applicants applying for more than one discipline are required to submit separate application form for each discipline.
- Applicants are required to submit the application form along with the relevant documents and application fees within the stipulated time to the address given below:
Office of the Registrar
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara, Nalanda
Bihar, India - 803111
- Selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the Entrance Examination/Proficiency Test conducted by the college.
- Proficiency Test
- Personal Interview
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Graduation and Post-graduation mark sheets
- Passing Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopy of all the relevant documents
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Scholarship
- Scholarships are provided on the basis of merit.
- Applications of scholarship holding foreign nationals are routed through Indian Council for Cultural Relations/Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Government of India.
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) Facilities
Library: The NNM Library is well organized with a wide collection of 60,000 books including a number of Xylographic Tibetan manuscripts and some rare manuscripts along with gratis books. The NNM Library is housed in a two-story building consists of 16 research cubicles with 2 large halls. The library is under the process of being an automated library.
Computer Lab: The largest computer lab in Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) has the capacity to accommodate 25 students. The Computer Lab is fully air-conditioned with the latest technological devices, internet and audio-visual facilities.
Sports and Extracurricular Activities: Sports has been an integral part of the university. Facilities are available for both Indoor and Outdoor Games in the campus. As per the conventions of the ancient Nava Nalanda Mahavihara (NNM) emphasizes and encourages its students to participate in regular elocutions and debates.
Hostel: The university has hostel facility for students. The college has three hostels for students. The hostel has a set of kitchens and dining rooms along with electricity, drinking water and other necessary amenities.
Conference Room: The conference room of the college can accommodate a large number of people. The conference room is well equipped with a multimedia projection screen and is mainly used for meetings and other important activities.