Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) is one of the prominent university established in the year 2008 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Gujarat Forensic Sciences University is a unique and first of its kind in the world for conducting Post Graduate Programmes In the field of Forensic and Investigative Science and Technology.
The university is a public university spread all over an area of 50,000 square meters. The university is affiliated by UGC and accredited grade A by NAAC. GFSU aims to overcome the shortage of criminal investigators and produce high-quality forensic experts. GFSU constitutes of three institutes which offer different courses of forensic science. GFSU offers both regular and certification courses.
Read More:GFSU Admissions
Departments of GFSU Gujarat
GFSU is currently offering various postgraduate and Doctoral Programmes through its four institutes:
Read More:GFSU Departments
Courses offered by Institute of forensic sciences
- The institute provides 6-month short-term training certificate programme on eDiscovery, RBI Approved Certified Information Security Professional Course, Certified Information Security Professional, Certified Fraud Examination Professional, Certified Electronic Evidence Examiner, Certificate Diploma in Cyber Crime Investigation, etc.
- Any graduate student is eligible for the above-mentioned courses.
- The institute also offers full-time M.Sc., M.Tech, MA, MHA programme in various specializations.
- The students who have completed their graduation with minimum 55% aggregate are eligible for the above-mentioned programme.
Courses offered by Institute of behavioral sciences
- The institute offers a 2-year full-time course of M.Sc., M.Phil in various specializations and 1-year PG-Diploma in a number of specializations.
- Any graduate of BA/B.Sc. course with minimum 55% aggregate is eligible for M.Sc. programme. And for PG-Diploma programme students should have done MA/M.Sc.
- The Institute doctoral program is organized into three broad areas: Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, and Neuropsychology.
Courses offered by Institute of Research and Development
- The institute offers Ph.D., M.Sc., M.Pharma and M.Tech in various specializations of forensic sciences.
- GFSU also offers 10-year Ph.D. Integrated M.Sc. Forensic Nanotechnology (dual degree)
- With Specialization in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, Nanobiotechnology, Nanoengineering. A candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Science / Medicine / Engineering / Pharmacy with minimum of 60% marks for pursuing this programme.
Courses offered by Institute Of Management And Training
- The institute offers 2-year MBA course in various specializations such as Forensic Accounting, Hospital and Health Care Management, Homeland Security, Cyber Security Management.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (For SC/ST/SEBC category, a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate).
Read more: GFSU courses and fees
- There are different modes of admissions for different courses.
- For most of the courses, admissions are done through entrance exams conducted by the university itself.
- Depending upon the merit list and many different criteria, the university takes admissions for the eligible candidates.
- For the short-term E-courses, the students are required to submit their applications online.
Read more: GFSU Admissions
The University has full-fledged Training and Placements Cell which provides placement assistance for the internship as well as job placement to the students of M Tech Cyber Security and Incident Response; M Sc Digital Forensics and Information Security and M Sc Cyber Security. The Training and Placement Cell works rigorously throughout the year, arranging placements for their students, in various organizations around the world. Most of the students from these courses received good internship offer with a stipend. Our students get placed at reputed multinational companies and government organizations. Average placement for two courses* is 80 %; Average stipend offered was 25000/- INR and average package offered was 6 Lakh per annum.
Read more: GFSU Placements