Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU) is one of the prominent university established in the year 2008 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The university is the world’s first university which is solely responsible for educating forensic sciences. The university is a public university spread all over an area of 50,000 square meters. The university is affiliated by UGC and accredited grade A by NAAC. GFSU aims to overcome the shortage of criminal investigators and produce high-quality forensic experts. GFSU constitute of three institutes which offer different courses of forensic science. GFSU offers both regular and certification courses.
Prof. S.O. Junare
Type of University
50,000 sq. meter
Laboratories, seminar hall, computer lab, auditorium, boardroom, hostel, mess
Institutes at GFSU
- Institute of Forensic Sciences
- Institute of Behavioural Sciences
- Institute of Research & Development.
GFSU courses and eligibility criteria
Courses offered by Institute of forensic sciences
- The institute provides 6-month short-term training certificate programme on eDiscovery, RBI Approved Certified Information Security Professional Course, Certified Information Security Professional, Certified Fraud Examination Professional, Certified Electronic Evidence Examiner, Certificate Diploma in Cyber Crime Investigation, etc.
- Any graduate student is eligible for the above-mentioned courses.
- The institute also offers full-time M.Sc., M.Tech, MA, MHA programme in various specializations.
- The students who have completed their graduation with minimum 55% aggregate are eligible for the above-mentioned programme.
Courses offered by Institute of behavioural sciences
- The institute offers a 2-year full-time course of M.Sc., M.Phil in various specializations and 1-year PG-Diploma in a number of specializations.
- Any graduate of BA/B.Sc. course with minimum 55% aggregate is eligible for M.Sc. programme. And for PG-Diploma programme students should have done MA/M.Sc.
- The Institute doctoral program is organized into three broad areas: Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology and Neuropsychology.
Courses offered by Institute of Research and Development
- The institute offers PhD, M.Sc., M.Pharma and M.Tech in various specializations of forensic sciences.
- GFSU also offers 10-year PhD Integrated M.Sc. Forensic Nanotechnology (dual degree)
- With Specialization in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, Nanobiotechnology, Nanoengineering. A candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Science / Medicine / Engineering / Pharmacy with minimum 60% marks for pursuing this programme.
Read more about GFSU courses and fees
- There are different modes of admissions for different courses.
- For most of the courses, admissions are done through entrance exams conducted by the university itself.
- Depending upon the merit list and many different criteria, the university takes admissions for the eligible candidates.
- For the short-term E-courses, the students are required to submit their applications online.
Read more about GFSU admissions
- GFSU has strong placement and Guidance cell which works rigorously throughout the year for arranging successful placement drives for the students.
- The university invites organisations from all over the world.
- GFSU has tie-ups with many reputed companies.
- It provides assured placements to the students.
Read more about GFSU Placements