Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya (BPSMV) was established in the year 1936. The university came into existence through a Haryana Legislature Act and is fully recognized by the University Grants Commission of India
- It is sprawling over 500 acres of area
- BPSMV is the only university which provides both Medical(Ayurvedic & Allopathic) and Engineering programmes
- The university provides coaching for competitive examination like UGC-NET, International Examinations of Proficiency in English like Business EnglishCertificate (BEC), IELTS, and TOEFL etc.
- It established the Centre for Society- University Interface and Research (CSUIR) and UGC Area Study Centre for Indic and Asian Studies.
- The University is situated in the Indian state of Haryana and is located on the main road of Sonipat District. It is easily accessible for students living in Delhi as well as for those who are residing in the neighboring towns of Rohtak and Panipat
- There are several colleges that are known to operate under the university and each and every academic department of the university is known to strive for excellence in both teaching methods as well as research output. It has a well maintained library set up too
- The university has 7000 students and 1000 teachers
- The University has signed MoUs with many international universities, these include, St. Catherine University, USA, Baltimore University, USA, Nottingham Trent University,UK and Kwangwoon University, South Korea
- BPSMV “ Youth Festival
- Cultural Annual Function
- Quiz contest on General knowledge
- University level Competition on poetry/speech/poster on Sahid Bhagat Singh
- Poster and slogan competition
- Tracking & Adventure Programme
- Blood donation camp
There are 14 hostels in the university with capacity of accommodating of 4000 students.
The university has central library and has 6772 books, 82 National & International Journals and 20 Newspapers.