NIILM University is a private university which is located in Kaithal in the state of Haryana, India. It was established by the Haryana State Legislature under Haryana Act No. 16 of 2011.
It offers courses like undergraduate, postgraduate, and Doctoral levels. It provides the study of diverse subjects like Engineering and Technology, Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Application and Legal Studies, Hotel Management and Tourism, Diploma in agriculture, Fashion Designing, Faculty of education, Commerce and Management, Applied Science, Media and Communication, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Social Science. Some of the disciplines of the aforementioned courses are Fashion Designing, Diploma, Engineering and Technology, Business Administration, Applied Science, and many more.
Admission for all courses is done by an Entrance Test followed by personal interview. The performance of the candidates in the admission test and interview integrated decide the selection of the candidates. The whole admission procedure is conducted by the university. Haryana domicile students will be given priority in admission. There are no scholarships given by the university to its students. The university offers good placement opportunities.
NIILM University Highlights
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctoral|
|Popular Courses||B. TECH, MBA, LLB, etc|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Radisson Ludhiana, Amar Valley, RJ Hotel & Resort|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
NIILM University Courses
|B.Tech.||Duration – 4 Years
Specializations - Computer science and engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, electronics and communication engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering
Eligibility – Candidates must have secure 50% in Physics, chemistry, mathematics in 10+2 from a recognized board
|BA.LLB||Duration – 5 Years
Specializations – LAW
Eligibility - 10+2 with 45% marks in any Stream and 42.75% for SC/ST Students
|B.Sc.||Duration – 3 Years
Specializations – Agriculture, Hotel Management and Tourism, Fashion Designing and Technology, Mass Comm. Journalism & Advertising, Non-Medical
Eligibility – Agriculture: 10+2 or equivalent having passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Math or Agriculture stream from a recognized University/Board marks in 10+2 (Relaxable upto 47.5% for SC candidates).
Fashion Designing and Technology, Mass Comm. Journalism & Advertising, Non-Medical: 10+2 with 45% marks in senior secondary with any stream and 40% for SC/ST Students. Hotel Management and Tourism: 10+2 with 50% marks in senior secondary with any stream and 45% for SC/ST Students.
|MA||Duration – 2 Years
Specializations –Public Administration, Political Science, History, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Physical Education, Education
Eligibility - Master/Bachelor degree with at least 45% marks in aggregate or any other examination as equivalent thereof
|MBA||Duration – 2 Years
Specializations – Business Administration
Eligibility - B. Com. (Hons./Pass)/BBA or B.A., B.Sc. with Economics/ Commerce/Marketing/Insurance as a subject with 50% marks in any Course and 45% for SC/ST Students or any other examination as equivalent thereof
|M.Com.||Duration – 2 Years
Specializations – Commerce
Eligibility - Candidates having completed graduation in B. Com. (Hons./Pass)/BBA or B.A., B.Sc. with Economics/ Commerce/Marketing/Insurance as a subject with 50% marks in any Course and 45% for SC/ST Students or any other examination as equivalent thereof.
|PHD||Duration – 3 Years to 6 Years
Specializations –Law , Engineering and Science
Eligibility - Candidate who has obtained any Master's Degree or equivalent from UGC/AICTE recognized body with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST and Differently abled candidates) in aggregate or equivalent grade.
NIILM University Admissions
- Admission to the B.Tech courses is done on the basis of merit in Joint Entrance Test (JEE main) followed by an Entrance Test by Personal Interview.
- For the LLB , BA.LLAB Course are admitted based on the merit of the last qualifying examination cum entrance test conducted by the university, and followed by the Interview. The performance of the candidate in both the entrance examination and the interview determines the admission to the particular course.
- For admission to the MBA programme, a merit list is prepared based on the performance in All State/ National level scores like CAT/ MAT/ XAT. Then candidates are selected through an Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
- For admission to the MCA programme, candidates should have completed graduation in the relevant discipline. Admission to the MCA programme is given to the willing candidates based on the merit in the pre-qualifying examination (BCA/M.Sc) followed by an Entrance Test and personal interview.
- Selection of candidates for Ph.D. programmes will be based on Entrance Test, Interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations. Final cut off marks will be decided by the university before declaration of the results.
- The Research Scholars fulfilling one of the following conditions will be exempted from Entrance Examination:
- Those Candidates who have qualified U.G.C/ CSIR (JRF) Examination/ NET/ GATE/Teacher Fellowship holder/ M.Phil degree holder who have already appeared for Entrance Test
- Those who have passed M.E./M.Tech from statutory university
- Teachers having 5 years regular (unconditional approval) teaching experience at U.G./P.G. level
- Research Scholars /Person/Senior Citizens with exceptional abilities who have passed Graduate Degree Examination with 55% of Marks and with 15 years experience after graduation in related field. (subject to discretion of Vice-Chancellor).
- Selection of candidates (exempted from entrance test category) is based on their performance in the Interview and marks obtained in the Qualifying Examinations
How to apply?
- Application form can be obtained from the official website or from the university office itself
- Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria before filling the admission form. Fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria does confirm the candidates admission
- The form must be filled with the correct personal and academic details
- Payment of the application fee of rupee one thousand must be done through Demand Draft
- The applicant must write the personal details and the application number at the back of the receipt and attach the same with the filled application form
- The scanned copy of the documents that have been mentioned in the application form must be attached with the application form, along with the latest passport-sized photo of the candidate
- The selected candidates are called for counselling, where their documents will be verified, only on passing the documents verification, the admission of the candidates is confirmed
Read more: NIILM University Admission
NIILM University Placements
Apart from imparting good education to its students, the university also takes care of the smooth movement of the students from the classroom to the job. It provides good placement opportunities for the students. It also conducts mock tests for the students so that they can prepare themselves well for the campusing.
NIILM University Facilities
The college provides almost every basic facility to the students as well as to the faculty of teachers to enhance their experience and knowledge. Some of the major facilities are as follows:-
- LIBRARY - The library serves as a backbone for all academic activities on the campus. The library house has a collection of numerous text and reference materials, journals, magazines, audio-videos, CDROMs, and research reports which have been carefully selected from several national and international professional institutions.
- HI- TECH LAB - The university has well defined and fully equipped laboratory infrastructure to completely cover the syllabus of each branch of study. It is accepted universally that practical work is an essential component of education. These labs provide hands-on training to its students so that they can keep up with modern technologies. This university has well-qualified and experienced technical staff.
- HOSTELS - The hostel at NIILM University promotes a quality life-style and sustains it every step of the way. The ultra-modern facilities provided by the university are among the best offered anywhere. The hostels are spacious, fully furnished, power-backup, all-time supply of clean drinking water.
- CAFETERIA - The aesthetically designed cafeteria at NIILM University aims to serve luxurious buffets and a la carte choices to its students and faculty at highly subsidized rates. The firm believes that for the overall development of an individual, food comprises of one of the most important factors. It offers various cuisine to the residents including Indian, middle-eastern, Continental, Italian and Chinese cuisine on rotation.
- TRANSPORTATION - University provides buses and cabs which are made available to students and staff members for commuting from different points in the city and nearby cities outside the city. Students staying at the university hostel also have the opportunity to enjoy this service. Buses and cabs reach the campus at 8:30 a.m. and leave the campus at 5:00 p.m for the smooth functioning of different departments. Apart from regular services, special 24×7 emergency services are available for students and staff members
- SPORTS - To main, the physical, mental, and social well being, sports are a must. This university provides both indoor and outdoor sports. The sports activities are conducted by the supervision of the chief sports coordinator.
- GYM - A healthy lifestyle is a must for everybody, so NIILM university offers GYM facilities to both its students and staff. Gym is well equipped with the latest machines like Treadmills, Cyclers, Twisters, Fixed weight machines, Free weight machines, Floor mats for floor exercises, Aerobics etc. The gym is fully air-conditioned providing the best environment for training, distressing, and relaxation.
- SALON - Personality development of students along with studies is the prime objective. To maintain this, the university provides Spa, Beauty, and Hairstyling facility at our salon. All these facilities are provided by trained professionals at economical charges. Tuck shops provide 24*7 services to the students at NIILM University by serving snacks and daily necessities.
- PROPOSED ATM - A 24 hour ATM facility will be available shortly for easy money withdrawal at any time. With the on-campus ATM facility, students would feel comfortable.
NIILM University Faculty
NIILM university provides a huge field of studies to its students, to enrich them with knowledge, and to make their future bright. With this aim, the university hires highly educated and experienced teachers.
Prof. ArvindDhar is the Vice-Chancellor of the university. Maximum teachers are either Ph. D holders or pursuing Ph. D.
- Professors: 7
- Associate Professors: 5
- Assistant Professors: 23
Read more: NIILM University Faculty
NIILM University FAQS
Ques. Where Is NIILM University located?
Ques. By whom is this University approved and recognized?
Ques. Does this college provide any kind of scholarship to its students?
Ques. Is there any attendance regulations?