Central University of Jammu (CUJ), Jammu, is a Central University which was established through the Central Universities Act, 2009 and is fully funded by the Central Government. The Central University of Jammu was established in the year 2011, sprawling in a campus covers an area of 600 Acres and is under construction at Village Bagla, Raya Suchani in District Samba. CUJ is envisioned to be a leading Centre of higher learning, integrating culture, knowledge, philosophy, science and value system of our heritage with modern and emerging concepts, skills, technology, and management practices. The university now offers five-year Integrated (UG/ PG) programs, various PG and Ph.D. programs in almost all schools.
Know more about Central University Jammu Application Process
Central University of Jammu Highlights
Type of University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Books – 19,140
Journals - 70
Online E-Journals – 7,063
2 (Boys Hostel)
2 (Girls Hostel)
How to Reach
7.4 Km from Jammu Railway Station
10.4 Km from Jammu Airport
Central University of Jammu Courses and Admission
Under Central University of Jammu Admission 2019, the university provides many courses through the constituent schools and departments in many disciplines and their specializations. Admissions are done on the grounds of Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) on all India basis. In some courses, the University may Conduct its own Entrance Test subject to the approval of Competent Bodies of the University after the conduction of CUCET. Some of the offered courses by the university are given below:
Integrated Postgraduate Programs
The University offers Integrated M.Sc. course in four specializations viz, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics. The basic criteria to apply is 10+2 with Biology/ Botany/ Zoology/ Chemistry/ Mathematics as one of the main subjects with minimum 50% aggregate marks or its equivalent from a recognized Board.
Vocational/ Certificate Programs
CUJ offers B.Voc. Program in specializations like Retail Management and Tourism Management, Diploma in Beauty and Wellness and Three months certificate course in Yoga. To be eligible for admission to a bachelor’s vocational degree program, a candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% of the aggregate marks in 12th from a recognized Board or an equivalent grade/ NSQF certification level. Whereas, for admission to Diploma or Certificate program a student must pass 10+2 or equivalent in any stream from a recognized body.
Master Degree Programs
The University offers MA in eight specializations, M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology, M.Sc. in three specializations, MBA in three specializations & a general MBA, and M.Ed. at the Postgraduate level. The minimum eligibility criteria are Bachelors (10+2+3) from a recognized University with not less than 50% marks in the relevant stream. The selection of candidates will be based on the marks secured in CUCET entrance exam.
CUJ offers a Ph.D. program in ten disciplines namely, Economics, Education, Mathematics, National Security Studies, Public Policy and Public Administration, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and IT, Mass Communication and New Media, Social Work, and English. Selection of candidates will be on the basis of marks secured in CUCET entrance exam. The criteria to apply is Masters in the concerned/ allied subject with minimum 55% marks or equivalent from a recognized University.
Click here to check Central University of Jammu Courses and Fees Structure
Central University of Jammu Schools:
CUJ provides its career-oriented courses via its 8 schools and constituent departments which are listed as below:
- School of Business Studies
- School of Basic and Applied Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Languages
- School of Life Sciences
- School of National Security Studies
- School of Knowledge Management, Information & Media Studies
Central University of Jammu Scholarships:
The university offers different scholarships/ fellowships to the students. Some of them are –
- Emeritus Fellowship
- Research Award
- Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Postdoctoral Fellow of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Post-Doctoral fellowship for Women.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship for SC/ST candidates.
- Swami Vivekananda Single girl scholarship for research in Social Science.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST candidates.
- Rajiv Gandhi fellowship for a person with disability.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students.
- National fellowship for OBC candidates.
- Indira Gandhi PG scholarship for a single girl.
- PG scholarship for University rank holder.
- Post-Graduation scholarship for Professional courses for SC/ST candidates.
- Ishan Uday, Special scholarship scheme for the North Eastern region.
Central University of Jammu Facilities
- Faculty Rooms and Cabins: Faculty has well equipped IT-enabled cubicles and workstations providing them all facilities for pursuing academic and research activities.
- Seminar Hall: Well-equipped Seminar Hall in the TAB with a seating capacity of 170 has been created.
- Healthcare: Medical facilities of in-house Doctor have been made available for the students, staff, and faculty of the University.
- Canteen/Cafeteria: The University has a spacious, airy canteen where students and teaching faculty get an opportunity to relish the neat and clean eatables prepared under hygienic conditions.
- Hostels/ Halls of Residence: Hostel facilities are provided for male and female students on the basis of merit.