Davangere University located at Shivagangothri, Davangere, Karnataka is a state institute established in 2009. It has 112 colleges affiliated to it in total, with one constituent college and one autonomous college. The college offers postgraduate programs in four faculties namely Arts, Science & Technology, Commerce & Management, and Education. It is a UGC recognized university and is NAAC accredited.
Admissions to these courses are based on the entrance test conducted by the university. The entrance test will be offline.
Davangere University, Karnataka Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2009 I State University|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Entrance exam||PGCET/KEA/ College entrance exam|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||MA, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Top Recruiters||Hindustan Unilever, ICICI|
|Campus Area||73 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, library Placement Cell, and Sports Facilities|
|Official Website||Davangere University|
Davangere University, Karnataka Courses
Davangere University offers more than 100 courses with specializations in various fields. Many courses in fields like Humanities and Social Science, Accounting and Commerce, Business and Management Studies, Science, IT and Software, Arts (Fine / Visual / Performing), Beauty and Fitness, and many more are offered. The below table provides detailed information about the courses offered:
|M.Sc||Biochemistry||Graduation in science stream from a recognized university with 45% aggregate marks||Entrance and Merit based||2 Years|
|MA||Kannada||BA/Any relevant graduation degree from a recognized institute with 45% aggregate|
|Journalism & Mass Communication|
|M.Com||General||B.Com/BBM degree with 45% aggregate|
|MBA||General||Any graduation degree with 45% aggregate||PGCET/ KEA/ CMAT|
|M.Ed||Education||B.Ed with 45% aggregate||Merit and Entrance based|
|MSW||Social Work||Any bachelor’s degree|
|PG Diploma||Food and Nutrition||-||-|
Read More: Davangere University Courses & Fees
Davangere University, Karnataka Admissions
Admissions at Davangere University is based on the candidate's scores in qualifying examinations. Students are required to obtain a decent percentage in the qualifying exam to become eligible for admission and the admission mode is an offline process. The college also conducts its entrance test for admission to courses such. College accepts PGCET/ KEA/ CMAT entrance exams for admissions to MBA courses. The final selection of the candidate is done by marks obtained by the candidate, at least 50 percent marks are required in the test and the rest are the aggregate marks obtained in the relevant subjects at qualifying degree examination being considered.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can fill the application form in both online and offline modes.
- For online applications, visit the official college website.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ under admission.
- Click the ‘Admission Download’ Button.
- Select the preferred course and fill each detail in a precise way.
- Click on the ‘submit’ option.
- Submit the duly-filled application form offline with the given amount through Demand Draft or Bank Challan.
Read More: Davangere University Admissions
2018 Karnataka-PGCET Cut Off Round 1
|Courses||MBA||MBA Finance||MBA Human Resource Management||MBA Marketing|
Read More: Davangere University Cutoff
Davangere University Results
The results of davangere university are declared in the month of May-June and November- December for each semester. The results for each course are declared on the official website of the university.
How to check Davangere University Results?
These are the steps to be followed to check the result:
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Click on the Result column under the Examination tab on the portal
- Enter your name or roll number on the result column
- Click on the “Submit” button and your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check the declared result on the official website and can take a print out if needed.
Read More: Davangere University Results
Davangere University, Karnataka Placements
Davangere University provides various internships and job openings to the students in very renowned companies. Placement opportunities are the highlight of this college. Every year, top companies tour the campus for the recruitment process and the top recruiters are Hindustan Unilever, ICICI, Toyota, Vodafone, Amway, Nestle, Yatra, Just Dial, Blue Star, Sony India, Bharti Group Voltas, HPCL Careers, JK Tyre, TVS Motors, Berger Careers Apollo tires Coca-cola And Wipro. Many Students get placed in very renowned companies every year.
Read More: Davangere University Placements
Davangere University, Karnataka Scholarships
The college offers a loan facility to its students belonging to the economically weaker section. Students can avail of bank loan facilities to pursue their education from Davangere University. Below mentioned are the available scholarships:
- M/s. Jindal Trust Scholarship
- Government Scholarships for SC/ST students who have an annual income of less than Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum. Students have to apply every semester.
- Fee concession for SC/ST students whose income is above INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- Merit Scholarships.
- Scholarships to Physically handicapped students.
- NTPC Scholarships.
- Scholarships from the Postal Department.
Read More: Davangere University Scholarships
Davangere University, Karnataka Facilities
The university provides many facilities such as:
- Library: Library has a variety of more than 26,300 text and reference books, 76 journals on current subjects, 1,362 back volumes of periodicals with full freedom for students to reach.
- Infrastructure: The college has a well-developed infrastructure the campus is widely spread in 73 acres with all the facilities for the students.
- Health Care: The college has the most advanced Health care facilities with the latest equipment assisted with a full-time nurse to diagnose and provide health care.
- Hostel: The college provides 4 PG hostels facilities, total, 300 boys and 300 girls can be accommodated in these hostels. The hostels are well equipped with all the necessities.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen for the students offering a variety of cuisines to the students on campus.
Other facilities are Guest house, Hospital and Medical Facilities, Wi-Fi, Sports complex, etc.
Read More: Davangere University Facilities
Davangere University, Karnataka Faculty
Davangere University has highly qualified professors for different departments. The faculty members are highly trained in their subjects and have great experience in their fields. Here are a few faculty members of the college:
- Dr. B. Madhusudhan: Professor and Coordinator, Department of Food Technology
- Dr. N.K. Gowda: Professor, Department of Economics
- Dr. I.B. Cirappa: Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science
- Dr. Shishupala S: Professor, Department of Mathematics
- Prof. Anitha H.S: Professor, Department of Commerce
- Mr. Pradeep B.S: Assistant Professor, Department of Education
- Dr. Vadlapudi Kumar: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Dr. J.K. Raju: Associate Professor, Department of HISTORY
Read More: Davangere University Faculty
Davangere University, Karnataka FAQs
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the MSc Microbiology program at Davanagere University? Is there any reservation criteria for Davangere University Admission 2020?
Ans. Candidates must have passed a B.Sc in Science subjects from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% aggregate. Yes, the reservation policy prescribed by the Karnataka state board will be applicable at the time of admission.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for a MA program at Davangere University? Will there be any entrance exam?
Ans. Candidates must have passed graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% aggregate. Yes, the institute conducts its own entrance test for admissions to all PG courses. University level counselling is the final step for selection to particular courses.
Ques. What is the fee charged for an MBA program at Davanagere University? What is the eligibility for an MBA course?
Ans. The fee charged for the MBA program is INR 79,400. Basic eligibility for admissions to MBA courses is a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from a recognized university in any stream. However, candidates must appear for PGCET/ KEA/ CMAT entrance exams. Final selection will be based on entrance scores and merit of last qualifying examinations.
Ques. What is the fee charged for the MSc Biochemistry program at Davanagere University? Who will be the official body to conduct entrance tests?
Ans. The fee charged for the MSc Biochemistry program is INR 46,210. Entrance Exam will be organized by Davangere University itself. The entrance tests would be organized at the affiliated colleges.
Ques. What will be the mode to fill the application form for Davangere University Admission 2020?
Ans. Candidates can fill up the application form using offline. The candidates can obtain the application form from the university office; it can also be downloaded from the official website of Davangere University.
Ques. What are the courses offered at Davangere University?
Ques. What are the recognition and accreditation of Davangere University?
Ques. What are the affiliations and admission criteria followed at Davangere University?
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of Davangere University Placement 2020?
Ques. Does Davangere University offer scholarships?