Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University Bidar, Karnataka is a State University which was set up in the year 2004 for the sole purpose of the development of education and research in the field of Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences. Set by the Government of Karnataka as per the Karnataka Act 9 of 2004 and approved by UGC, it is one of the pioneer institutes that carry forward research in this field of science and offers various courses at UG, PG, Diploma and doctorate level. KVAFSU has released the revised Counselling cum Admission schedule for PG Admission 2021. First Counselling round is scheduled to be conducted on March 8, 2021. Candidates can visit the official website to check.
The college has around 10 Research centres to keep up with the research activities. It also has 8 constituent colleges. The college provides all the necessary facilities for its students.
KVAFSU Bidar Highlights
|Set by||Government of Karnataka|
|Facilities||Library, Hostels, Sports, Laboratories, Canteen, etc.|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, PhD, Diploma|
|Official website link||www.kvafsu.edu.in|
KVAFSU Bidar Courses
KVAFSU Karnataka provides various courses at the UG and PG level. In addition, this institute also offers PhD in various specializations at the doctorate level and Diploma.
|B.Tech (D.Tech)||Dairy Science||10+2 with Science Subjects||4 Years + 6 Months training|
|M.Tech (D.Tech)||Dairy Microbiology||Graduation||2 Years|
|Ph.D||Dairy science||Master’s Degree||Minimum 3 Years|
|Veterinary and Animal science|
Apart from the courses mentioned above the college also B.V.Sc at the UG level and a Diploma course in Animal Husbandry.
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Courses and Fees
KVAFSU Bidar Admissions 2020
Admission to UG course is done on the basis of marks scored in Common Entrance Test conducted by KEA and for courses at the PG level admission is based on candidate’s performance in the previous qualifying examinations as well as in the written entrance test. The university also offers the prestigious MBA course in the field of food Business for which one has to clear the written test followed by General discussion and the interview. The university conducts a separate entrance test followed by an interview for Ph.D admissions.
How to apply?
- The application process for this is through offline mode. One has to download the application form online or take it from the administration alongside the prospectus for their respective program (UG/PG/PhD/Diploma).
- Once you get the form fill all the important required information like name, category, DOB, parent’s information, Mobile number, address, previous academic qualifications details, etc. alongside a passport size photograph and signatures.
- Then proceed to fill the written test ticket for the specialization of your choice (the course you want to take in that particular program).
- The applicant should fill up the index card indicating the subject group to which admission is sought for carefully.
- The duly filled application form should reach the Registrar office, KVAFSU, along with application fee to Nandinagar, PB No.6, Bidar on or before the last date of submission of the application form as application received after last date will be rejected.
- The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of candidates performance in the previous qualifying examination, written entrance test, and counselling (for PG and Ph.D).
- The final list of the selected candidates will be available on the college website.
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Admissions 2020
KVAFSU Bidar Placements
The Placement cell at KVAFSU provides various opportunities to the students and makes sure that as many as possible students get placed with decent packages. Big national manufacturing companies like Amul and Nestle to name a few visit the campus for recruitments and students are offered decent packages. KVAFSU as a whole is a good University and tries it’s best to place it’s Students in reputed companies. The University also provides Internship opportunities with stipend to it’s students. If we look at the previous year’s average of the university placed packages we can see that the students on average have got a minimum of INR 4.2 LPA package and highest have been around INR 8.4 LPA .
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Placements
KVAFSU Bidar Scholarships
KVAFSU offers a University Resident Merit Scholarship which is awarded in each of the subjects offered under the Masters program. The amount is INR 800 pm, and for the Doctoral Degree Programmes a sum of INR 1,200 pm, in each Academic year and is restricted only to those students who have graduated from the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru, Dharwad and KVAFSU, Bidar. Also, SC/ST and other Category students can apply for various scholarships available under the Government of India and Government of Karnataka scholarship schemes.
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Scholarships
KVAFSU Bidar Facilities
- Classroom: KVAFSU has decent student friendly classrooms which are well equipped to facilitate learning for students and to provide a proper environment for them to study.
- Hostels: Hostel facility is provided by KVAFSU for the comfort of the outstation students. It is equipped with all the facilities so as to provide the students a safe, secure and homely environment.
- Library: The institute has a very huge and sophisticated Library with all e-resource facilities available for students and faculty use (computers and internet).
- Laboratories: All laboratories in KVAFSU have good infrastructure for students to carry out experiments and research .
- Sports Facility: KVAFSU has a well built indoor playing facility with a decent badminton court, table tennis, gymnasiums, basketball and volleyball court, etc. for all round development of the students.
- Canteen: The Institute canteen offers food which is hygenic and affordable. The menu is most of the time based on students' requests so that they have a good time eating.
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Hostels
KVAFSU Bidar Faculty
KVAFSU faculty under the Chancellorship of Shri. Vajubhai Rudabai Vala and Vice Chancellorship of Dr H. D. Narayanaswamy is highly dedicated to imparting high-level knowledge and skills to the students in the field of Veterinary, animal and fisheries science. This university has 4 departments with various sub-departments with 45+ teaching faculty members who are highly qualified and have great knowledge and experience in their respective subjects and fields. Besides teaching, they provide valuable practical knowledge to their students along with the help of the non-teaching faculties which are an asset to the institution.
Read more: KVAFSU Bidar Faculty
KVAFSU Bidar FAQs
Ques. What documents are required at the time of UG admission at KVAFSU Bidar?
Ans. The documents required at the time of UG admission in KVAFSU are 10th class mark sheet, 12th class mark sheet (from a recognised institution), Aadhar card or any other government document (address proof), Caste certificate (if applicable), Migration certificate (if applicable).
Ques. What is the UG admission criteria in KVAFSU Bidar?
Ans. For admission in KVAFSU UG courses, a candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks in Science stream plus English as one of its language subjects. They have to appear for an entrance test conducted by KEA and after qualifying this test they can get admission in KVAFSU.
Ques. What is the basic fee structure for various courses at KVAFSU Bidar?
Ans. The fee structure of KVAFSU depends upon the course that a candidate chooses. For B.V.Sc it is INR 5.77 lacs for M.V.Sc it is INR 63,192 and for B.tech and MBA its INR 3.6 lacs and 1 lacs respectively. Similarly for Ph.D its INR 63,192 and for B.F.SC its INR 3.6 lacs. Please keep in mind that this fee structure is only for 1st year. For more information, click here.
Ques. Does KVAFSU Bidar Provide hostel facilities to the outstation students?
Ans. Yes, KVAFSU bidar provides accommodations to the outstation student on a first come first serve basis. Those who want to apply for hostel facilities will have to do that at the start of the academic year by paying a deposit fee in the admission office at the time of admissions.
Ques. Can foriegn nationals apply for admission in KVAFSU?
Ans. Yes, foriegn nationals can apply by filling an application form and sending their biodata to the university through ICAR or agencies/ consultants nominated by ICAR/ GOI, New Delhi or through their embassies. Such candidates do not have to give the entrance exam and are selected on the basis of merit only.