Karnatak LingayatEducationUniversity is a premier institution providing world class academic curriculum along with international standard infrastructure facilities. The university was established in the year 2006 on the 13th of April under the recommendations of the UGC. Its founding stone was laid by the great visionary Dr. Prabhakar Kore who was the Chairman of the KLE Society
- The university was formerly known as the KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belgaum and later it was declared Deemed to be University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956
- In almost eight years of its existence the university has become one of the most reputed higher educational institutions in the country succeeding in drawing international collaborations
- The university is associated has KLES Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Dr. Prabhakar Kore Teaching Hospital and BMK Ayurveda Hospital
- The courses that are offered in the university range from UG, PG, post doctoral, fellowship and certificate programs
- The chief objective of the university is to promote the downtrodden regions in the field of medical sciences and to establish as much medical centers as possible in the region
- The university campus boasts of a vibrant atmosphere having top class faculty members and extremely dedicated students and teachers
- High quality infrastructure facilities are provided to the students ensuring that they don’t feel anything missing or lacking
- Modern research and medical centers and superior level of diagnostic facilities are available to all within the campus.
- The emergence of this university from a mere institution to a fully fledged university has been the most vital in the development of the region of Belgaum.
The university takes pride in having a supreme faculty with highly skilled and trained teachers who know well their responsibilities and perform their duties with top most dedication. There are faculties as:
- Ph. D in Medical Education
Number of Organizations Visited
Number of Students Participated
Number of Students Placed
- NSS- NSS has 1200 volunteers in which 417 students participated at University level, 116 at state level and 13 at national level
- Sports- University organizes sports activities at regional, state, inter-university level. Thus, this University provides for ample scope to play and participate in the various sporting events. There are 161 students who participated in state level and 2 at national level
The campus is consists of 78,646 Books, 21,985 Reference Books, 4,102 e-Books, 10,330 Journals and 1,096 e-Journals.
There are 791 computers with 4 computer centres. The campus has Wi-Fi and LAN facility.
The campus is consists of 119 lab for practical learning.
The campus has 1 auditorium that accommodate 1250 students.