The Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) is one of the premier universities in Kerala. It was also established with a purpose to emphasize on the requirements and needs of the veterinary fields so as to bring out the best professionals.
- The motto of the university is ‘ideas in action’ which is evident in the working and administration of the university that focuses on the betterment of the farming community
- It is also trying to have collaboration with Edinburgh in genetics and cytogenetics and in wildlife and pharmacology with ONIRIS
- The university is looking forward to also collaborate with Connecticut in pathology and with the Royal Veterinary College in wildlife medicine and lab animal medicine with Ontario.
- It offers courses at under graduate, post graduate, diploma and certificate levels and offers doctoral programs as well
- Research and extensions services are also given paramount importance by the university realizing the value of having good, extensive research works.
About Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University:
Government of Kerala
AICTE, New Delhi
Located in the scenic hilly terrain of Pookot in Wayanad District, Kerala
Nearest Metropolitan City
The University has five constituent colleges:
- Colleges of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode, Wayanad
- College of Diary Science and Technology, Mannuthy, Thrissur
- College of Diary Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- College of Avian Sciences and Management, Thiruvazhamkunnu, Palakkad
- It was established in the year 1959 having state of the art facilities and services to help out the researchers, the students, teachers.
- The library has access to a huge number of national and international journals, periodicals and magazines
- Also available in its collection is a huge number of books and references
- There is also a separate collection of the thesis and dissertations, besides bound volumes of old journals.
All through the year, the university participates as well as organizes many festivals enabling the students to display their skills and also to have a good exposure.
- The university participated in the Haritholsavam 2011 that was held in Marad, Kochi
- The students also took part in the Thiru Kochi Animal Fest at Kochi
- Participated in the Peechi Fest Exhibition
In a very short period of time the Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University has received immense appreciation and recognition at national and global platforms.
- It has initiated several collaboration with many international universities in a number of issues relating to the betterment of veterinary and animal husbandry.
- It has also submitted a joint report with the School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh, entitled as “Knowledge Economy partnership” 2011.