Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University - [KVASU] is a university located in Pookode,Wayanad in Kerala with 8 constituent colleges under it that are located in different districts such as Mannuthy, Pookode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kolahalamedu, Thiruvazhamkunnu and Thrissur .
The college offers multiple courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels under three faculties namely Veterinary and Animal Science, Dairy Science and Poultry Science. The admission process takes place online and is based on the entrance exam as well as merit.
The placement cell of the college which is called as the department of entrepreneurship helps students in gaining experiences by providing them training programmes and compulsory internships. There is a huge faculty on board who are all well experienced and trained in their respective fields.
Know More: KVASU Distance Education
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Highlights
|Established | Institution type||2010 | Public|
|Approved by||UGC and AICTE|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University|
|Entrance Exam||NEET-UG, KVASU Entrance exam for PG|
|Popular courses||B.VSc & A.H, B.Tech in Dairy technology|
|Courses offered||27 courses across 3 streams|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam and merit based|
|Top recruiters||Amarai, Milky Mist, Milma etc.|
|Facilities available||Library , auditorium, theatre, gymnasium|
KVASU Wayanad Ranks And Awards
|2016-17||Emerging young University||Chancellor award|
|2017-18||Emerging Young University||Chancellor Award|
KVASU Wayanad Courses
KVASU offers various courses with specializations. The details of the same are as follows:
|B.VSc & A.H||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 from a recognised university with the subjects english, physics, chemistry and biology and an aggregate score of 50% minimum in the qualifying examination for general category and 40% for the reserved categories
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility criteria: 10+2 from a recognised university with 50% marks
Specialisation: Poultry Production, Business Management
|M.V.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years bachelor’s degree course in Veterinary and Animal Sciences with an CGPA of 6.0/10 or an equivalent percentage of 50% for general category and 45% for the reserved categories
Specialization: Animal Biotechnology, Animal Genetics and Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Animal Reproduction, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence, Dairy ScienceLivestock Production Management, Livestock Products Technology, Poultry Science, Veterinary Anatomy and Histology, Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension, Veterinary Biochemistry, Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
|M.Sc||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility criteria: 3 years bachelor’s degree course in biosciences from a recognised university. Specialization: Wildlife Sciences
|Ph.D ( Veterinary and animal sciences)||Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must have passed master’s degree with relevant subjects and a cgpa of 7.5/10 for general category and 7/10 for the reserved categories
Specialization: Animal Biotechnology ,Animal Breeding, Genetics and Biostatistics , Animal Nutrition, Animal Reproduction, Gynaecology and Obstetrics , Clinical Veterinary Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence ,Dairy Science , Livestock Production and Management ,Livestock Products Technology , Poultry Science,Veterinary Anatomy and Histology ,Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension,Veterinary Biochemistry ,Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine ,Veterinary Microbiology ,Veterinary Parasitology , Veterinary Pathology , Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology ,Veterinary Physiology , Veterinary Public Health, Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
|Diploma||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 with biology as one of the subjects. Specialization: Dairy Sciences
|P.G Diploma||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must have passed B.Vsc and have a VCI registration. Specialization: Veterinary Cardiology and Veterinary Anaesthesia
|Ph.D Programmes in Biosciences||Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must have passed master’s degree with relevant subjects and a cgpa of 7.5/10 for general category and 7/10 for the reserved categories
Specialization: Histology, Developmental Anatomy, Molecular Biology ,Clinical Biochemistry,Molecular Genetics Livestock Products, Diagnostics and Vaccinology , Animal Sciences
Read More: KVASU Courses & Fee
KVASU Wayanad Admission
For B.V.Sc & AH, candidates must have attempted the NEET-UG exam.
For admission to B.Sc, M.V.Sc., M.Sc., and Diploma courses, candidates must have attempted the entrance test conducted by the KVASU university .
All the candidates will be admitted to the Ph.D programmes only after an entrance test and an interview.
How to Apply?
- The candidate has to fill in the application form from the official website.
- The candidate must have a scanned photo and and a scanned signature of the mentioned size ready before filling the form as they need to be added in the application form.
- After the successful filling of form the candidate will be redirected to the payment page where the candidate can pay the application fee through any online mode of payment or through a DD.
- The DD must be sent in favour of Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode payable at Kalpetta.
- The application fee for general category is Rs. 1000 for general category and Rs. 500 for S.C and S.T if paid via DD. If the payment is being made through any online mode then there will be an increment 0f Rs.20 for both the categories.
- The students who will be selected after the display of merit list will be intimidated with the further fee payment procedures .
- The candidate has to pay the fees within the stipulated period of time or else the admission will be withdrawn.
Note: All the candidates are supposed to send the print out of the original application along with the fee receipt or the DD details and the required documents to the following address:
‘The Director (Academics & Research)
, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University,
The following documents are to be enclosed along with the application that is to be sent to the university.
- Demand draft or Copy of the Online payment receipt. Name and address of the candidate and course for which applied must be entered on the back side of the Demand Draft by pencil.
- A Xerox copy of the same shall be retained by the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of SSLC certificate or Birth certificate to prove the date of birth.
- Self-attested copies of Certificates to prove the qualification of the candidates (Plus two/
- VHSE/Degree(both final mark list and Certificates to be provided))
- SC/ST/OEC/OBC candidates (Native of Kerala origin) should submit Community Certificate/
- Caste Certificate, Income certificate and Nativity Certificate issued by the competent
- A ‘Non Objection Certificate’ and experience certificate obtained from the controlling officer concerned in the case of in-service candidates.
- Attested copies of certificates to prove additional qualifications or extra-curricular activities like experience in job/ sports activities/ NCC/NSS etc.
- Attested copy of certificates in support of any other reservation/ claims made in the application.
- Hardcopy of the project proposal (for PhD Applicants)
- Hardcopy of the papers published, if any (for PhD Applicants)
Read More: KVASU Admission
KVASU Wayanad Placements
The college has a placement cell that is called a department of entrepreneurship which caters to the needs of employment of the students. The students are placed in government as well as private sectors.
The college has a record of at least 50% of students getting placed every year. The students are compulsorily asked to do an internship as a part of the curriculum itself. The students of Dairy Technology get placed in companies like Amarai, Milky Mist, Milma etc. with a median salary ranging from 1.8 LAcs to 5 lacs.
Read More: KVASU Placement
KVASU Wayanad Scholarships
Students are aided with a lot of scholarships that help the meritorious and economically backward students with financial aid. Merit scholarship is awarded to the top 10 percent of the meritorious undergraduate students of each batch of degree programme in all colleges under KVASU.
Merit cum Means scholarship is instituted to a maximum of 12 financially backward non-SC/ST students of each batch of undergraduate programme of B.V.Sc & AH and B.Tech. (Dairy Science Tech.) of all colleges under KVASU.
The students studying Ph.D courses are offered research fellowship and research grants as per the needs of the students. The students are also provided the facilities of educational loans. The students can avail the facilities of national scholarships too. The domicile students of kerala can apply for the scholarship from the state government too.
Read More: KVASU Scholarships
KVASU Wayanad Facilities
- Library: The students are given access to the library located inside the campus where the students can find various resources pertaining to their subjects. The library is also web enabled.
- Gymnasium: Along with the academic needs ,the physical and health needs of the students are also catered to by providing them with a well equipped gymnasium.
- Auditorium and Open Air Theatre: These spaces are made available to the faculty as well as students for attending and conducting various events.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are provided to the students for accommodation along with the mess.
KVASU Wayanad Faculty
The college has three faculties namely: the Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, the Faculty of Dairy Science and the Faculty of Poultry Science. All the teachers are highly qualified and well experienced in their domains of research. Most of the faculty members are the alumni of the university itself.
Read More: KVASU Faculty Details
Ques. Do we need to apply individually in the colleges which offer the courses that we want to pursue?
Ques. Do the students who want to pursue Phd have to present their paper?
Ques. Where will the entrance exam for diploma programmes take place?
Ques. Where will the merit list be published?
Ques. Is the hostel for students present inside the campus?