Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya is the university which focuses on the ancient traditional teachings that has been the revered by the people of the country for ages.
- The university was established in the year 1995 by the Madhya Pradesh Government Act No.37 dated November 29, 1995
- It has been formed as a statutory university and is also recognized by the UGC
- It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities and is located in Karaundi village of Katni District, Madhya Pradesh
- It has the distinction of being the first university in India to offer Vedic education and the technology associated with it in the main field
- It is an affiliating university having the jurisdiction over the whole of Madhya Pradesh and has eight campuses spread all over the state
- The university provides degrees like PG, doctorate, UG and so on in various fields of Vedic Sciences
- The university has also been recognized by NCTE and currently, it has around 30,000 students enrolled with it
- Currently university has 10000 faculty and staff members
Library: The university library is a place where the students can peacefully dedicate their time in studying availing numerous resources.
- The university library has a separate reference section, reading and a journals section where the students will find all sorts of assistance
- Currently library has 1700 of books is there in the library and also it subscribes to a 20 journals and periodicals
- 20 Encyclopedias are also available for the students to take help form in the library
Sports facility: The Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya is also boasts of fine array of facilities in the field of sports as well.
- It has a playground of its own which has the capacity to hold all sorts of outdoor games and sports
- There is even a well equipped gymnasium having state of the art equipments where the students can work out
- Facilities for athletics too could be found in the university campuses
Hostels: Hostel facilities for both girls and boys having the capacity to accommodate more than 500 students.