Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU) is a State University located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. The Institute offers various courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels under different specializations. Admission is granted on the basis of entrance test conducted by the university itself. However, for admission to B.Tech, the score of MAH CET is valid.
Know more: BAMU Admission
|Established | Type||1958 | State University|
|Formerly known as||Marathwada University|
|Campus Area||725 Acres|
|Programs Type||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Streams offered ||Arts, Science, Law, Commerce, Engineering, Management|
|Total Faculty||223 (incl. 167 Ph.D. holders)|
|Total Students||UG: 586 | PG: 3071 | Ph.D.: 719|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
- Accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC (CGPA 3.22) by NAAC in 2019
- Ranked 85th among the Top 100 Universities in India by NIRF Ranking 2019
- Ranked among 21st among the Top Universities in India by India Today 2017
- Ranked 36th among the Top Universities in India by The Week 2017
|B.Tech||Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemicals Technology; Food Technology||Intermediate graduate with Physics and Mathematics with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
|B.Com||Commerce||Intermediate graduate in relevant discipline|
|BJMC||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|B.Ed||Education||Graduation in any discipline|
|M.Sc||Computer Science; Information Technology; Botany; Chemistry; Biotechnology||Any Science graduate with relevant subject with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category)|
|M.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||B.E/ B.Tech in relevant subject|
|LL.M.||Law||Graduate in LL.B with 55% marks|
|M.A.||Economics; English; Marathi; Yoga; Geography; ||Any graduate with 55% marks |
|MBA||Business Administration||Any graduate with 50% marks (45% for reserved categories)|
|M.Com||Commerce||Graduate in B.Com with 55% marks|
|Ph.D.||English; Education; Urdu; Marathi, Statistics; Chemistry||Master’s degree in a relevant subject |
Check: BAMU Fees
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria should fill the application form by visiting the official website of the university. To apply as a fresh candidate, the students will have to create a login ID and complete all the requisite information. The selection criteria for each course vary from each other as per the requirements. Listed below is a brief about the same:
- Candidates seeking admission in the B.Tech program are required to appear for the MHT-CET entrance exam conducted by the Govt. of Maharashtra.
- For other UG courses, direct admission is offered on the basis of marks secured in 10+2.
- For MBA, the candidate needs to appear for MAH MBA CET (Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test) conducted by DTE, Maharashtra.
- Selection to M.Tech and M.Sc is done on the basis of marks secured in the Common Entrance Test namely PG CET conducted by the University.
Know more: BAMU Admission
Note: Students can check the BAMU Exam Time Table and BAMU Hall Ticket through the official website of the University.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University offers the following scholarships and financial aids to deserving students:
- Post Matric Scholarship: This is offered to students belonging to Minority communities like Muslim, Parsi, Sikh, Buddha, Christian studying in the university.
- Govt. of India Scholarship: The government provides scholarships to students belonging to reserved categories. To apply, the student must submit an application to the Post-graduate section of the university.
- Eklavya Scholarship: This scholarship is given to students securing 60% marks in Degree exam in Arts faculty and 70% marks in science degree.
- University Merit Scholarship: The students securing 1st and 2nd rank as per the merit in each subject after the completion of the admission procedure.
- Scholarship for Non-Hindi Language Speakers: The students who are studying Hindi Language can submit their application for the scholarship.
Apart from this, other scholarships offered by the university include Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities, Open Merit Scholarship and Physics-Maths Scholarship.
Read more: BAMU Scholarship
The placement cell at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University provides the students with career counseling activities. It organizes seminars, workshops, mock interviews for the students to boost their confidence for the final placement. The university also conducts industrial lecture series to make the students aware of industrial opportunities in the corporate sector.
|No. of companies visited ||33|
|No. of students placed (On-campus)||106|
|No. of students placed (Off-campus)||150|
|No. of students participated||1500|
|Median CTC offered||INR 3 LPA|
The campus covers more than 725 acres and is located in a picturesque background. The Aurangabad caves are embedded and spread across the campus. Following are some of the facilities provided by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathawada University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: There is a rich collection of more than 3,67,604 books with 4641 Ph.D. theses, 200+ print journals, 15000+ e-journals. It has subscribed to e-documents like JSTOR, Project Muse, Online Database, JGate, etc. to provide the students with an extensive study.
- Hostel: The students enrolled in various programs at the university are provided with campus residential accommodation. Both male and female students can stay in the hostels, however, the admission is strictly based on the availability of rooms.
- Health Centre: To keep both the students and faculty members healthy, the university has a health centre on the campus. It is well-equipped with advanced medical equipment and provides services at a nominal fee.
Listed below is a brief about the faculty members at the university:
Dr. K.V. Kale
- Qualifications: M.Sc, MCA and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Simulation, Neural Network
Dr. S.N. Deshmukh
- Qualifications: B.E., M.E., and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Data Structure, Interactive Web Design, Knowledge Management
Dr. N.N. Bandela
- Qualifications: M.Sc and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Limnology, Hydrobiology, Water & Waste Treatment, Environment Microbiology
Dr. M.B. Muley
- Qualifications: M.Sc and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Environmental Pollution Study, Waste Management, Limnology & Hydrobiology
Dr. Mehrunnisa Pathan
- Qualifications: M.A., B.Ed, NET-JRF, and Ph.D.
- Areas of Interest: Post Colonial Studies, English Language Teaching, Feminist Writing
Read more: BAMU Faculty