Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth (PDKV) is primarily an agricultural university and most degree programs offered at the university are those which are dedicated to the agrarian sciences. The university gets its name from Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh who was one of the most well-known Indian ministers in agriculture and who has made some remarkable contributions in this field.
- The instructional programmes at the main campus are spread over in 5 Colleges namely, College of Agriculture, College of Forestry, College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, College of Horticulture & Post Graduate Institute.
- At this campus 4 degree programmes namely B.Sc. (Hort.), B.Sc.(Agri.) , B.Sc. (Forestry) and B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) , 2 Master’s Degree Programmes such as M.Sc.(Agri.) and M.Tech. (Agri.Engg.) and Doctoral Degree Programmes in the faculties of Agriculture & Engineering are offered.
- There are 2 affiliated grant-in-aid colleges & 14 private non-grant-in-aid colleges under the University.
About Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth:
October 20, 1969
Government of Maharashtra
UGC and AICTE, New Delhi
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Located at Akola, Maharashtra
Nearest Metropolitan City
Courses offered by Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth:
No of Program offered
- The University has around 1,000 trained scientific, technical and supporting staff engaged in research activities undertaken over 4,000 hectares at the main campus and other research stations.
- The university has 3509.16 ha. of land under cultivation spread over 19 research stations located in 11 districts of Vidarbha Region in Maharashtra
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- The university has more than 1.57,000 books and other reading materials, and 255 journals of agricultural, technical and allied science interest.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Consortium for e-resources in agriculture (CeRA) more than 2000 journals