Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University - [PIMS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University was established by Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India on 29th September 2003 under the section 3 of University Grants Commission Act 1956.
- The mother organization of this university, The Pravara Medical Trust was founded in the 1972 in a small village called Loni in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra State in India.
- The trust was established by the founder of the co-operative movement in India Dr. VitthalraoVikhepatil.
- In the year 1976 Pravara Medical Trust started providing medical care in the primary and secondary level. It also established a hospital with 100 beds.
- As days passed, the hospital grew up from 100 beds to 800 beds with multi disciplinary facilities.
- Now this university has taken a respectable in the society.
- Rural Medical College and Hospital
- College of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Center
- Rural Dental College and Hospital
- College of Nursing
- Center for Biotechnology
- Center for Social Medichine
- Bio Science Management School at Sinnar
- Karolinska Institute Sweden
- University of Skovde, Sweden
- Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Universidad EL Bosque, Colombia
- University of Milano, Italy
- University of Greifswald, Germany
- Pravara Medical Trust has got accolades from the great scientist cum ex President of India Mr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- DrMahendraShendewon "Significant Contribution Awards 2013.
- DrSushilKachewarAsso.Professor Department of Radiology Rural Medical College, PIMSsecured 1st rank in Primary round of AVISHKAR 2012
- Social Medicine
- Bio Technology
- Bio Science Management
- Drama Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Sports and Adventure Club
- Hostel service is available for both undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Boys and girls hostel is different.
- The hostels are equipped in international styles including indoor sports, modern communication and multi gym facilities for the students.
- The rooms are very much comfortable and perfect for studying.
- Apart from that, it has a large collection of e books and 336 journals.
- Total number of books – 21918
- Total number of Subscribed Journals – 291 (International – 173 and national – 118)
- Total number of bound or archive volumes: 7231
- Total number of dissertations – 556
- E resources – MUHS Digital Library – 2074 INFLIBNET – 37