Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University was established by Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India on 29th September 2003 under the section 3 of University Grants Commission Act 1956.
- The mother organization of this university, The Pravara Medical Trust was founded in the 1972 in a small village called Loni in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra State in India.
- The trust was established by the founder of the co-operative movement in India Dr. VitthalraoVikhepatil.
- In the year 1976 Pravara Medical Trust started providing medical care in the primary and secondary level. It also established a hospital with 100 beds.
- As days passed, the hospital grew up from 100 beds to 800 beds with multi disciplinary facilities.
- Now this university has taken a respectable in the society.
- Rural Medical College and Hospital
- College of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Center
- Rural Dental College and Hospital
- College of Nursing
- Center for Biotechnology
- Center for Social Medichine
- Bio Science Management School at Sinnar
- Karolinska Institute Sweden
- University of Skovde, Sweden
- Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- Universidad EL Bosque, Colombia
- University of Milano, Italy
- University of Greifswald, Germany
- Pravara Medical Trust has got accolades from the great scientist cum ex President of India Mr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- DrMahendraShendewon "Significant Contribution Awards 2013.
- DrSushilKachewarAsso.Professor Department of Radiology Rural Medical College, PIMSsecured 1st rank in Primary round of AVISHKAR 2012
- Social Medicine
- Bio Technology
- Bio Science Management
- Drama Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Sports and Adventure Club
- Hostel service is available for both undergraduate and post graduate students.
- Boys and girls hostel is different.
- The hostels are equipped in international styles including indoor sports, modern communication and multi gym facilities for the students.
- The rooms are very much comfortable and perfect for studying.
- Apart from that, it has a large collection of e books and 336 journals.
- Total number of books – 21918
- Total number of Subscribed Journals – 291 (International – 173 and national – 118)
- Total number of bound or archive volumes: 7231
- Total number of dissertations – 556
- E resources – MUHS Digital Library – 2074 INFLIBNET – 37