The Central Agricultural University was established in 26th January, 1993 by the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Government of India. The mission of the University is to be a centre of excellence in teaching, research and extension education in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
- Located at Iroisemba near Imphal, Manipur
- CAU was established by an act of Parliament, the Central Agricultural University Act 1992
- It is recognized by Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- It offers undergraduate teaching and postgraduate teaching, research and extension activities
- It imparts teaching in the field of horticulture, fisheries, and agricultural engineering in colleges spanning north-eastern states.
- There are seven colleges under Central Agricultural University
- The university offers Six Undergraduate Programmes and Eight Masters’ Degree Programmes in Agriculture
There are seven colleges under CAU:
- College of Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry, Selesih, Aizawl, Mizoram
- College of Agriculture, Imphal, Manipur
- College of Fisheries, Lembucherra, Tripura
- College of Horticulture & Forestry, Pasighat, Arunachal Pradesh
- College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology (CAEPHT), Gangtok, Sikkim
- College of Home Science, Tura, Meghalaya
- College of Post-Graduate Studies, Umiam, Meghalaya