The University of Science and Technology, also known as USTM in Meghalaya has been renowned for being the first Private University based on Science and Technology in North East India. Approved by UGC and AICTE, the university came into existence in the year 2008. The university has 11 undergraduate, 12 postgraduate, and 10 Ph.D. specializations. Admissions are done on merit basis for various UG and PG courses. Some courses need university prescribed entrance test merit marks. Admission to MBA is done via USTM-CAT followed by group discussion and personal interview. For selection to Ph.D., candidates are selected based on performance in academics, entrance tests, and interviews.
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | State Private University|
|Approved by||AICTE and UGC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Diploma, and Ph.D.|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||USTM-CAT, CAT, MAT, and XMAT|
|Entrance Mode||MBA and Ph.D. - Offline|
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance Exam based|
|Facilities Available||Library, classrooms, auditorium, hostel, medical center, yoga center, ambulance, etc.|
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Courses
USTM offers different specializations in UG, PG, and Doctorate level courses. The details like eligibility and specialization are tabulated below:
|B.Sc.||Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology, Mathematics, Food Science and Technology, Botany||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with at least 45% marks aggregate
|BA||Sociology, Psychology, English, Economics, Political Science, Administration, and Governance|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Zoology, Mathematics, Electronics, Environmental Science, Botany||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with at least 45% aggregate
|MA||Geography, Sociology, Education, Rural Development, English, Political Science, Economics|
|Ph.D.||Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Geography, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Postgraduate at least 45% aggregate
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Admission
Candidates seeking admissions to UG and PG level courses must satisfy eligibility norms before applying for a course. Some admissions are done through entrance exams while some are done on the basis of previous qualifying exam marks.
How to Apply?
- Fill the online application forms available on the college website. The cost of application form is INR 700 which can be paid via net banking, credit card or debit card. The cost of the MBA application form is INR 1,000 and INR 2,000 for Ph.D.
- Admissions are made on the basis of merit in qualifying examinations. Appear for entrance exam if applying for B. Pharm, BPT, B.Ed., BA LLB, and BA. After the exam, get merit rank results.
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Placement
The university has a training and placement cell that facilitates the students for a year from their graduation date to get a good job.
Some of the main functions of the placement facilities are:
- Start the placement process in the month of August every year
- Coordinate with the recruiting companies, for requirements, role descriptions, eligibility criteria, and the salary packages.
- Put forth candidates who would be more suitable for the jobs.
- Conduct various training sessions to improve the hard and soft skills of the candidate.
- Create pre-placement offers and campus interviews for the students
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Scholarship
The University offers financial assistance in the form of bank loans and scholarships to eligible students on merit cum need basis. Various scholarship schemes include:
- Merit cum means scholarship: There are several scholarships for PG and Ph.D. students
- Central Govt. Scholarships: Ministry of Minority Affairs offers different scholarships to students of minority communities
- Special fee concession: These are provided to meritorious students backward, minority, and tribal communities.
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Facilities
USTM is a premier institution that offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure for better academic growth and development. Some of the facilities available on campus are listed below:
- Library: Maulana Azad Central Library on campus has multiple collections of books related to various domains. Apart from the central library, the institution also has a digital library.
- Health Care: The University Health Centre offers medical help in case of OPD services as well as emergency services to students and staff. The campus also has an in-house pharmacy for all medical needs.
- Sports: The campus includes sports amenities including the cricket ground, basketball ground, football/futsal ground, volleyball, kho-kho, table tennis, indoor sports, etc.
- Auditorium: One central auditorium, one small auditorium, and 3 mini auditoriums cum conference halls on campus with provision for AC, audio system, projection system, sound-system is present.
- Hostels: There are 2 boys and 2 girls hostels within the campus with facilities like ventilation, wi-fi, electricity, water, security, and a mess. The hostels have lawns for playing and walking. Hostels are provided on first cum first serve basis
Click here University of Science and Technology Hostel
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya Faculty
USTM has a dedicated set of faculties including teaching and non-teaching staff under various departments:
- There are more than 10 faculty members available per department of excellence. Some departments have even more teaching staff.
- A majority of the faculty members at USTM are well qualified to teach at the university level.
- Most of the academic members are Ph.D. Scholars and M.Phil. degree holders
- Every department has more than 10 Ph.D. holders as teaching staff.
University of Science and Technology Meghalaya FAQs
Ques. How to reach out to the University for admission and academic-related information?
Ques. Does the college provide for any financial assistance to students?
Ques. Is there any hostel accommodation available on campus?
Ques. What all facilities are available on campus for students?
Ques. What is the admission process for foreign students?