The Central University of Orissa was established in the Parliament under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (No. 3C of 2009). The University is one of the 15 new Central Universities established by the Government of India during the UGC XI Plan period.
- Koraput District of Orissa comes within the KBK region (Koraput, Bolangir & Kalahandi) which is still considered as an extremely as underdeveloped region of the State of Orissa.
- These three districts are known for tribal culture, because majority of the people belong to SC/ST categories.
- There is no University or any other national level educational set up in this region rather than this University.
- University Area is the proposed site located in village Chikapar and Chakarliput coming under Sunabeda NAC (Urban area) which is very close to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Sunabeda.
About Central University of Orissa
How to Travel
- Damanjodi railway station is at distance of 15 Kms
-Koraput railway station is at a distance of 25 Kms
Schools and Centres of Central University of Orissa:-
School of Languages
Centre for Oriya Language & Literature (COLL)
Centre for English Language & Literature (CELL)
School of Social Sciences
Centre for Sociological Studies (CSS)
Centre for Anthropological Studies (CAS)
School of Education & Education Technology
Centre for Journalism & Mass Communication (CJMC)
Centre for Teacher Education (CTE)
School of Basic Sciences & Information Sciences
Centre for Mathematics (CM)
School of Biodiversity & Conservation of Natural Resources
Centre for Biodiversity & Conservation of Natural Resources (CBCNR)
School of Development Studies
Centre for Economics (CE)
74 print Journals/Magazines
18 Newspapers (07 Oriya daily + 10 English daily)
There are total 3 hostels for students
Boys Hostel I
Boys Hostel II
Girls Hostel I
Girls hostel can accommodate 150 students