Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ) was established in the year 2009 by an associate Act of Parliament, the Central Universities Act 2009. In the year of 2010, this University was assigned more than five hundred and eighteen (518) acres of land at Bandarsindri on Jaipur- Ajmer Road. CURAJ has ten schools, twenty academic departments and one community college.
CURAJ offers various UG, PG and Ph.D. level programs in the fields of Science, Arts, Commerce, Architecture, English & Comparative Literature, Linguistics, Education, Pharmaceutics and Management Studies. Admission to all courses offered by CURAJ is done on the basis of entrance exam namely- CUCET. It also accepts national level entrance exam such as GATE/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT.
The university has a rich academic tradition which it has been nurturing through quality faculty and research facilities. Along with good faculty, it also has a wide range of departments and courses.
Also Check CURAJ admission process and important dates for all programs
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
More than 16000 books
NH-8, Bandar Sindri Ajmer - 305817 Rajasthan, India
How to reach?
20 Km from Kishangarh
46 Km from Ajmer
76 Km from Jaipur when going from Jaipur to Ajmer
Less than a Km (700 meters) from the highway (NH-8)
The university provides the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs for its students. The duration of undergraduate courses is between three and five years, while postgraduate consists of 2 years of duration. Click here to know more about CURAJ courses and fee structure.
- Culture and Media studies
- Environmental Science
The application process is done through online mode only. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of university. They also have to pay an application fee at the time of application form submission.
The basic eligibility for UG courses is class 12 with minimum 50% marks from a reputed board. Candidates having graduate degree in relevant discipline with required marks from a well-recognized university or institute are eligible to apply for PG programs.
The admission is done on the basis of entrance exam namely- CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) followed by personal interview round. The final selection is done on the basis of overall performance of candidate. Applicants having valid GATE/ CAT/ MAT/ CMAT score are exempted from entrance test. Also they get preference while admission process.
Read more about CURAJ Admission
CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is a national level exam which is conducted every year in the month of May-June. The exam is held in both online and offline mode for admission to UG and PG courses. The minimum CUCET Eligibility is class 12.
CUCET Application Form is available on the official website of exam. CUCET 2018 exam pattern consists of two parts, which tests the analytical knowledge and subject knowledge of the student. Also Check CUCET Result.
- Single lady kid Scholarship of Rs. 2000 - per month by UGC (Government of India)
- Scholarships of Rs. 1000/- per month to 1st 3 Toppers in every program of Central University of Rajasthan
- Post –Graduate benefit Scholarship for University Rank Holders at undergrad Level of Rs. 2000/- per month by UGC (Government of India)
- Post –Graduate Scholarship for electing SC/ST candidates of Rs. 5000/- per month (M. Tech.) and Rs. 3000/- per month for alternative skilled courses.
- The hostels come with wonderful mess facilities, medical facilities, sports facilities, and administration. There is a separate unit each for boys and girls.
- There are 2 fully-furnished hostels which have twenty-four hour security provisions.
- Facilities include cots, curtains, storage space, study tables and various recreational facilities.
- These include DTH television, table tennis facilities and sports facilities for table games, tennis, chess, volleyball, cricket and other games.
- There are medical facilities including care boxes present at every hostel.
- There is a good mess service for each hostel that is governed by the CURAJ mess committee made up entirely by the students.
- More than 16000 reference and textbooks
- 10500+ Online journals
- IEEE subscription
The guidance Cell of the University not only provides placement help for students, it also helps scholars come up with ideal preparation measures for tests. There are other features such as-
- Summer placement programs
- Final placement assistance
- Liaison with senior officers of companies
- Building communication links with industrial organizations
- An attempt to match student desires with industry experience
- Events and seminars
- Periodic presentations on power point
- Guest lectures from leading corporate personalities
- Maru-Kriti: It is the annual cultural festival of the Central University of Rajasthan. The festival is a reflection of the very best of Rajasthan. This includes traditional dances, drama, art, cultural activities, fashion shows, songs and other activities.
- NSS activities are divided into 2 major teams. There is the regular NSS unit and the special bivouacking program team.
- Natural calamities & National Emergencies
- National Days and Celebrations: The service theme programs additionally embody the celebration of National days. The aim of such a provision is to celebrate such occasions in a very appropriate manner.
- There are various extempore and debate competitions that take place from time to time. The university also emphasizes on additional activities that refresh both body and mind. These include various intra university events, inter university cultural festivals, yoga classes and the like.