Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University (DBRAU), formerly known as Agra University was founded on July 1, 1927. It is a state university, affiliated with Sarojini Naidu Medical College, approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by NAAC. At present, more than 200 Colleges are Affiliated to DBRAU and 15 residential Institutes are spread out in its residential campuses.
The primary objective of the university to provide quality education and developing the creative intellect and learning the attitude of the students. DBRAU offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in different fields. Admission to such courses is done on the basis of the Entrance Exam.
|Entrance Exam||University-level: DBRAU written test|
|Types of Programs | 90||UG, PG, and M.Phil/ Ph.D. | 90|
|Mode of Registration||Online and Offline|
DBRAU Courses and Eligibility
DBRAU offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in multiple disciplines. In addition to this, Agra University also provides Diploma and Certificate Courses in many streams. The following pie chart denotes the number of courses as per program:
DBRAU Undergraduate Programs Eligibility
|B.Tech/ BE||Intermediate(10+2) in science stream with at least 50% marks|
|BBA||Intermediate(10+2) in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks|
|B.H.Sc||Intermediate(10+2) in Arts or Science group A & B from a recognized board|
|B.F.A||Intermediate(10+2) in any stream with minimum 45% marks|
|L.L.B||Intermediate(10+2) in any stream with minimum 45% marks|
|B.P.Ed||Intermediate graduate from any course having Physical Education as the main subject|
|BA||Intermediate(10+2) in relevant stream with minimum 45% marks|
DBRAU Postgraduate Programs Eligibility
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|M.Sc||B.Sc degree in the required stream with at least 55% marks|
|M.Ed||B.Ed degree in with minimum 50% marks|
|MA||Graduation degree in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks|
|M.Com||Bachelor’s degree in any stream|
|MSW||UG degree with at least 50% marks|
|M.H.Sc.||Bachelor of Home Science (TDC) with at least 50% marks|
|M.Stat||Bachelor's Degree with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the main subjects with 45% marks|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D.||MA degree in relevant stream with at least 50% marks|
Check: DBRAU Fee Structure as per Courses
Admission to undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs are done on merit or entrance basis, dependant on the course chosen. The mode of the registration procedure is online as well as offline. Aspirants can follow the subsequent steps:
Online Registration Process:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university (http://www.dbrau.org.in)
Step 2: Go to the ‘Admission’ page and click on the ‘Apply Now’
Step 3: Register yourself with a valid contact number and email id
Step 4: Enter DBRAU Login credentials and begin the application procedure
Step 5: Choose the desired course and fill in the application form with correct information
Step 6: Upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature, and required documents
Step 7: Submit the application form with making a payment of the required amount as per your course and category
Offline Registration Process:
- Visit the official website and download the application form
- Fill in the form with correct information and attach the required self-attested documents
- Attach DD - Demand Draft in favor of Finance Officer, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra
Selection procedure of UG Programs
- B.Tech aspirants have to appear for UPSEE and the selection procedure for the course is based on the performance of the candidate’s qualifying exam and seats will be allotted by the same. The university has no role in the selection of the students
- BFA, LLB, and B.P.Ed admissions are done on the basis of merit in qualifying entrance exam - DBRAU Exam conducted by the university
- The rest of the admissions to the programs at the bachelor level are done on a merit basis.
Selection procedure of PG Programs
- MCA and MBA aspirants need to appear for UPSEE and UPSEE MBA exam respectively. The selection procedure for the courses depends on candidates’ marks in the qualifying exam
- M.Com, M.H.Sc., and Ph.D.applicants will be admitted on the basis of merit in the Entrance Exam conducted by the university
- Admission to M.Phil and M.Stat are done on merit basis followed by a personal interview
- MSW, M.Sc., and M.A admissions are done completely on merit basis.
Check: DBRAU Admissions
For admission to some of the courses, DBRAU conducts its own entrance exam. DBRAU Result is declared at the end of June. Candidates can check the result for several UG and PG courses by visiting the official website of DBRAU. Applicants are advised to follow the below steps to check their DBRAU Result.
How to Check DBRAU Agra Result?
- Visit the official website of DBRAU
- Go to the student’s portal tab
- Click on tab “Result”
- Enter your Roll Number & Captcha Code and submit
- Save and download your scorecard for future reference
Note: Candidates satisfying their eligibility with DBRAU Cutoff are considered for further rounds.
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates, particularly to those from low-economic backgrounds Or from Reserved Categories.
- The Institute offers a scholarship to reserved category students.
- A scholarship is also given to students as per the government norms.
- University offers Scholarships to Muslim girls candidates.