Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University is a special university imparting special education and the courses that are offered here are those that look into the needs of students who suffer from audio visual impairments. The structure spreads over 131 acres of area.
It is situated in the capital city of Lucknow in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It can be reached through the use of bus and train services. There are also car services that can be utilized in order to get to the university on time.
Nearest Metropolitan City
7Km from Alambagh, Lucknow
Semester System/CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) System at Graduation & Post Graduation level
- Department of Hindi
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Pol. Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Economics
- Department of Visual Impairment
- Department of Hearing Impairment
- Department of Mental Retardation
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Marketing Management
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Human Resource Management
- Department of Financial Management
The university has well-equipped library. It has4000 reference books with National and International Journals. Library is equipped with 64 KBPS RF link and connected to 2 MBPS leased line from BSNL.
There are following labs:
- Resource Room for MR (Mentally Retarded) children
- Resource Room for VI (Visually Impaired) children
- Orientation & Mobility Unit
- Sensory Stimulation Unit
The university has separate hostels for both boys and girls.
National Level Scholarship
It is awarded to (OBC)students
State Government Scholarship
It is awarded by State Government