Patanjali University, established in 2006 at Haridwar is named after the great Indian sage Patanjali, who was the first to collate various writings on Yoga. The University is sponsored by Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust and approved by UGC. This institute was set up due to the inability of the modern education system to restrict oneself to gain information only for employment purposes. It offers UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma, and Certificate courses in various specializations of Yoga and also provides various facilities for the students' all-round development.
Patanjali University Haridwar Highlights
|Sponsored By||Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust|
|Admission Criteria||Merit, Entrance|
|Application Mode||Online, offline|
|Course Offered||UG, PG, certificate, PG diploma, Ph.D.|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Mess, Library, Transportation, Sports, security, Banking, etc.|
|Official Website Link||www.universityofpatanjali.com|
Patanjali University Haridwar Courses
The University offers 1 certificate, 5 UG,10 PG, 3 Diploma, and 1 Ph.D. courses. Below are mentioned brief details:
|Certificate courses||Yoga therapy||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate
Duration: 6 months to 1 year
|BA||Yoga, Sanskrit, Vedic, and Vyakaran, Shastri||Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate with 60% marks
Duration: 3 years
|B.Sc||Yoga Science||Eligibility: Intermediate Graduate in Science stream with 60% marks
Duration: 3 years
|MA||Philosophy, English, Acharya, Yoga Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Tourism Management||Eligibility: Graduate with 50% marks
Duration: 2 years
|M.Sc||Yoga Science||Eligibility: B.Sc with 50% marks
Duration: 2 years
|PG Diploma||Yoga Science, Panchkarma, Yoga health, and Cultural Tourism||Eligibility: Graduate
Duration: 1 year
|Ph.D.||Yoga Science, Philosophy, Psychology||Eligibility: Post Graduate with 45% marks
Duration: 2 to 5 years
Click here Patanjali University Courses and Fees
Patanjali University Haridwar Admission
The eligibility criteria for the Undergraduate Course is 10+2 from a recognized board with a minimum of 60%, while for the PG course and PG Diploma, one should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The selection criteria of the students are on the merit scored by the applicant in the entrance examination and qualifying examination. Students who wish to apply to their preferred course at Patanjali University should follow the steps given below:
How to Apply?
- Fill the online application forms or download them from the university website.
- Attach relevantly and required documents, send via post to the university address along with a Demand Draft of INR 1050 in due time.
- The application can be submitted directly at the college office or online.
- The applicant is supposed to keep their fully filled application form with Payment Transaction proof /Reference Number for further use.
Patanjali University Haridwar Placement
The University of Patanjali job placement cell provides optimal placement to the pass-outs in educational and health organizations in India, overseas, or in Patanjali itself. Immediate appointment of Yoga teachers or Ayurvedic doctors in existing Patanjali treatment centers is done all over India. Giving Entrepreneurship Training aid to pass-out students is one of the main aims of the university. According to the university sources regarding the average package of the placed Pupils was around INR 12 lakhs per annum. Many good fitness companies hire students every year for jobs like Yoga Trainer, Instructor to name a few. One can also decide to go abroad to become a yoga trainer there as the demand is very high.
Know more Patanjali University Placement
Patanjali University Haridwar Scholarship
The University of Patanjali gives fee concession/ waivers and scholarships to its students. But the concession can vary from course to course. Students belonging to category (ST/SC) or a weaker financial background can avail of the scholarships provided by the University. There are also Scholarships offered to the brilliant students who come from poor family backgrounds and to the topmost 3 students in the class.
Read more Patanjali University Scholarship
Patanjali University Haridwar Facilities
Below are mentioned the facilities created at the Yogpeeth for the students during their education tenure:
- Library: Patanjali University Library has a collection of more than 30,600 books on various fields of knowledge such as Ancient Literature, Science, and Modern Technology. Various kinds of newspapers, magazines, and journals are also available. One can also loan a book if needed.
- Internet Facility: The university has an Internet facility available within the campus for the use of the students as well as the faculty members to access the sea of knowledge available over the internet.
- Medical Facility: The university campus has modern medical facilities available accredited Patanjali Ayurveda Hospital which provides ancient Panchkarma, Shatkarma healing alongside highly equipped modern laboratories.
- Hostels: The university provides outstation students with a separate hostel facility for boys and girls based on merit that is safe and secure with an in-house mess to provide good nutritious food to the outstation students and make them feel at home.
- Mess: The university mess offers good, nutritious food for the students as well as the faculty of the University for various special occasions special food is also provided at an affordable and subsidized rate.
- Sports: For the promotion for health and sports Various indoor & outdoor sports facilities are available at the Patanjali University campus to name a few Kabaddi, Volleyball, Football, Badminton, Cricket, Table-Tennis, Wrestling, Gymnastic, Mallkhambh are available for the all-round development of the students.
- Banking and Postal Facilities: Banking facility for smooth financial transactions and Postal facilities is available at the University campus for the needs of the students as well as the others.
Click here Patanjali University Hostel
Patanjali University Haridwar Faculty
The Patanjali University faculty under the Chancellorship of Swami Ramdev and vice Chancellorship of Acharya Balkrishna is highly dedicated to imparting a high-level knowledge and skills to there students. This university has 4 departments with a total of 32 teaching faculty members who are highly qualified and have great knowledge and experience about their respective subjects and fields. Besides teaching, they provide valuable practical knowledge to there students along with the help of the non- teaching faculty.
Patanjali University Haridwar FAQs
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing a degree in a B.Sc in Yoga Science?
Ques. What is the syllabus for the entrance aptitude exam at Patanjali University?
Ques. What is the total intake for the MA in Tourism Management?
Ques. What is the fee structure for pursuing an MA degree from Patanjali University?
Ques. Is there a reservation of seats available at Patanjali University?