Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya-[BCKV] is a government agricultural university established in 1974.The college offers two undergraduate courses (B.Tech.& B.Sc.) with specialization in Agriculture and Horticulture. It also offers two post graduate courses (M.Tech & M.Sc.), and PhD in over 19 specializations. Undergraduate students are admitted through WBJEE. Students for the B.Sc. courses are admitted as per merit based 10+2 marks. Admission to the Masters courses are on the basis of WBUT-PGET.
BCKV has released the online Notification regarding “Offline Counseling and admission for Post Graduate Admission 2020-21” on March 02, 2021. Offline counselling has been scheduled for March 10, 2021. Visit the official website to fetch the details regarding the BCKV PG Counselling 2020-21.
BCKV Important Dates
Online application form begins
October 19, 2020
Last date to submit an online application form
October 30, 2020
Date of publication of provisional merit list
Date of counselling, Counselling procedure, and date of reporting
February- March 2021
BCKV Mohanpur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1974 | State University|
|Accredited by||University Grants Commission(UGC)|
|Set by||Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance & Merit Based|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech., B.Sc., M.Tech, M.Sc., PhD|
|Entrance Accepted||WBUT PGET/ WBJEE/ ICAR AIEEA|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Computing, Medical, Sports|
BCKV Mohanpur Ranking
Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BCKV) is a premier agricultural university and is ranked top among the agricultural engineering universities in India. The ranking of the institute by different agencies is as follows:
BCKV Courses Offered
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Specialization:- Agricultural Engineering Number of seats:- 27
Eligibility: Passed Higher Secondary examination or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects. The general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks and reserved candidates should have at least 40% marks under examination of a University/ Recognized Board/Council.
Selection Criteria: WBJEE
|B.Sc.(Hons)||Duration: 4 years
Specialization:- Agriculture and Horticulture Number of seats:- 143
Eligibility: Pass Higher Secondary examination or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the main subjects. The general candidates must have to secure at least 50% marks and reserved candidates should have at least 40% marks under examination of a University/ Recognized Board/Council.
Selection Criteria:Merit-based(10+2 marks)
|M.Sc.||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Post-harvest Technology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Entomology, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Statistics, Agricultural Chemicals, Agricultural Biochemistry, Agricultural Meteorology & Physics, Agronomy, Floriculture and Landscaping, Fruits and Orchard Management, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Horticulture-Vegetable Science, Plant Pathology, Plant physiology, Seed Science & Technology, Soil and Water Conservation, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Spices & Plantation Crops
Number of seats:- 5(each discipline)
Eligibility: Passed the 4-year degree Examination in the respective field with a 6.60-grade point for students in general category and 5.60-grade point for reserved category. They should have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 examinations.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test(Conducted by University)
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Specialization:- Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Post-Harvest Engineering And Technology, Soil and Water Engineering, Food Engineering
Number of seats:- 10(each discipline)
Eligibility: Passed the 4-year degree Examination in the respective specialized field with a 6.60-grade point for students in general category and 5.60-grade point for reserved category. They should have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 examinations.
Selection Criteria: WBUT-PGET
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Specialization:- Animal Science, Biochemistry, Floriculture & Landscaping, Post-Harvest Technology, Agricultural Entomology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Meteorology & Physics, Agricultural Statistics, Agro Chemicals, Agronomy, Farm Machinery & Power, Fruits & Orchard Management, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology, Seed Science & Technology, Soil Science And Agriculture Chemistry, Spices and Plantation Crops, Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering, Soil and Water Engineering, Agricultural Extension
Eligibility Passed the Master’s degree Examination in the Agriculture/Horticulture with at least 60% marks for general candidate (50% marks for SC/ST)
Selection Criteria: Entrance Test(Conducted by University) + Interview
Read More: BCKV Courses & Fees
BCKV Mohanpur Admission
- Candidates applying for B.Tech/B.Sc should have appeared in 10+2 examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the main subject from a recognized board and should have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% for general category candidates.
- For S.C. /S.T. category, candidate should have scored at least 40% marks in higher secondary examination.
- Admission to B.Tech. is done based on the score of WBJEE. However, B.Sc. admissions are merit-based on the score of 10+2 examinations.
- Institute offers additional 20 seats in B.Sc (Agriculture/ Horticulture) courses on the basis of the All India Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR (ICAR AIEEA).
- Candidates applying for M.Sc./ M.Tech should have passed their 4-year degree course in the respective field with at least 6.60-grade point for students in general category and 5.60-grade point for reserved category. They should have scored at least 50% marks in 10+2 examinations.
- Admissions for M.Sc. is done on the basis of marks scored in the Entrance Test conducted by the Institute itself followed by an interview
- Admission to M.Tech. is done based on a valid score in WBUT-PGET.
- Candidates applying for the PhD program should have passed their postgraduate degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture with at least 60% marks for General categories and 50% marks for SC/ST.
- Admissions are based on the marks scored by the candidate in Entrance Exam conducted by the university itself followed by an interview
How to Apply?
- The applications are accepted online through the official website of the university.
- Candidates have to fill their information and attach all the necessary documents.
- Further the applications are accepted after the payment of application fees either online or offline. The application fees for the courses are as under:
|Course||Application Fees(General)||Application Fees(Reserved Category)|
|Undergraduate Course||INR 1000||INR 500|
|Postgraduate Course||INR 1200||INR 600|
|PhD||INR 1500||INR 750|
Read More: BCKV Admission 2020
B.Tech Agricultural Engineering - 2019
Read more: BCKV Cut Offs
BCKV Mohanpur FacilitiesThe institute offers all the necessary facilities for its students to provide a perfect environment for study and growth. Following are some facilities offered by the institute
- Hostel: BCKV has 7 hostels in total which are separated on the basis of different categories. All with hostels are equipped with facilities like TV in common room, indoor games and internet facilities
- Library: The library consists of a collection of books, journals, newspapers, and magazines providing all necessary information to the students, staff, and faculty of the institute.
- Laboratories: The institution is fully equipped with all the latest lab facilities and technologies to provide their students hands on practical experience.
- Medical: BCKV provides 24/7 medical facilities for its students with specialised doctors.
- Sports:- Institute offers various facilities and equipment to its students and encourages them to excel in sports as well.
BCKV Mohanpur Faculty
The institute aims to offer highly qualified and dedicated faculty to their students who not only teaches but imbibes good values in their disciples. The faculties of the institute are divided into 3 major segments which are subdivided in various strati to provide the specific knowledge about the specialised courses.
The agriculture department is divided into 17 departments, the horticulture department consists of 5 divisions and the agricultural engineering department has 4 subdivisions in them. The detailed statistics about the faculty count working on different positions is given below:
- Professor: 120+
- Assistant Professor: 150+
- Associate Professor: 50+
Read More: BCKV Faculty
Ques. What is the starting date for applications forms in BCKV?
Ques. Is there a fee concession for reserved category?
Ques. What is the reservation criterion during admissions?
Ques. Is there an option to change the details after the submission of the form?
Ques. Is scholarship available for the students?