Netaji Subhas Open University is the premier State Open University in India. The year 1997 was the birth centenary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The university offers distance education at undergraduate as well as postgraduate levels in various disciplines. The University and its courses have been recognized by the Distance Education Council, Government of India. There are around 120 Study Centers and above 2, 50,000 learners in above 72 courses. NSOU Kolkata Admission is done on the basis of merit list.
NSOU was established with the sole intention of providing opportunities to individuals who could not complete their education owing to unfortunate circumstances. The university has been named after Nationalist and Freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. It has 6 campuses located in Woodburn Park, Garcha 1st Lane, Bidhan Nagar, Kalyani etc.
NSOU Kolkata Highlights
UGC (University Grants Commission)
DD-26, Sector-I, Salt Lake City Kolkata - 700064 West Bengal, India
NSOU Kolkata Courses
The university offers various courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. The list of UG courses consists of BA, B.Sc., B.Com etc. and MA, MSW, M.Sc., M.Com, M.Lib.I.Sc at PG level. The duration of every program is varied. Students are suggested to check NSOU Kolkata Fee Structure before applying for any of the programs.
- School of Science
- School of Social Science and Humanities
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Education
NSOU Kolkata Admission
- The application form is available on the official website of university. Those who wish to apply are required to submit the application form on the official website of university.
- Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 480 at the time of registration process.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for undergraduate courses in class 12 with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board and for postgraduate courses is graduation in relevant discipline with required marks from a well-recognized university or institute.
- The admission process is very simple as admission is given on first cum first serve basis. Only for B.Spl.Ed., the candidates get admission on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam conducted by NSOU.
Read more about NSOU Kolkata Admission
NSOU Kolkata Facilities
Study Material – Netaji Subhas Open University, at Kolkata, is providing with superb Study Materials that are in the format of Self-Instructional Format or Self-Learning (SIM and SLM)
- There are varied Student Support Services (SSS) via a very brilliant Network of Study Centres
- The various centres are lying all over the districts of West Bengal. Public transport facility is also there and thus the centres are very well connected
- The Centres focuses on providing the best of education and facilities and information related to admission procedures and the courses of study
- Distance Education Centre is really doing well and thus students are getting benefited
- Regular tests and exams are being held
Centre for Language Studies – The University provides its own Centre for Studies. They are:
- English for Communication (CEC)
- M. A. in English Language Teaching
- DELT - Diploma in English Language Teaching
Gyan Vani – Gyan Vani Kolkata is a fantastic FM channel which is totally devoted and dedicated to education, learning and knowledge.
- It was set up by this University (Netaji Subhas Open University)
- It took birth due to a signing of Memorandum of Understanding between Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) and the IGNOU
- It can be availed at105.4 MHz
- The programme can be heard and enjoyed for 16 hours per day (from 6 am to 12 pm i.e. for 6 hours and from 1 pm to 11 pm i.e. 10 hours in the evening time).
Library – The library has a huge collection of books, journals, periodicals and magazines. All subjects are being covered by the available books.
- Information Cell
- Students' Grievance Redressal Cell
- Women Harassment Prevention Cell