Netaji Subhash Open University (NSOU), founded in 1997, is the state-level open university in Kolkata. It offers distance education programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in arts, science, commerce, and various other streams. Currently, the university has over 120 study centres across West Bengal and home to nearly 2.5 lac students.
NSOU has released “ List of Selected Candidates & General Notification for PhD. Programme in Political Science Admission 2021” on March 15, 2021. Visit the official website to check.
As per latest updates, NSOU has released the Selected Candidates’ List and General Notification for PhD in English. Candidates who applied for NSOU Admission 2021 to check the merit list and course work fee payment details.
NSOU has also released the 5th Provisional Merit List for NSOU PG Admission January Session 2021. Candidates can visit the official website to check the merit list for Masters in Zoology and Geography courses.
NSOU Kolkata Highlights
|Approval||UGC, Distance Education Council (DEC), AIU|
|Course||UG and PG|
|Basis of Admission||On Merit basis|
|Mode of Registration||
NSOU Kolkata Courses
The university offers various courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels besides various Certificate, Diploma, PG Diploma programs under many specializations. Tabulated below is a program-wise eligibility with fee of the programs:
Read More NSOU Kolkata Courses and Fee Structure
NSOU Kolkata Admissions
The registration process of Netaji Subhash Open University starts in the month of July every year. The application forms will be available online at the University’s website – www.wbnsou.ac.in . The final selections will be based on the marks obtained in the latest exam attended (depending on the program opted). Read More NSOU Kolkata Admissions
- An applicant can only apply to one of the bachelor’s programs.
- Pay the fees at any branch of Allahabad Bank using the pre-printed challan collected at the time of online submission.
- Application forms photocopies must be signed and stamped by the person attending their Study center.
- With the form, all the necessary documents, photographs and copy of challan obtained from the bank must be submitted at the time of admission.
- Those who have a BPP or vocational background can directly buy the prospectus of INR 150 from study centers.
- An application once submitted along with fees cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Merit List and other information regarding counseling for admission will be notified by the university on the official website.
NSOU Kolkata Facilities
- Varied Student Support Services (SSS) are available, having brilliant Network of Study Centres.
- The public transport facility is also there and thus the centers are very well connected.
- Regular tests and exams are held at the alloted study centers.
- The library has a huge collection of books, journals, periodicals, and magazines.
- Students Grievance Redressal Cell and Women Harassment Prevention Cell is also there for addressing any complaints.
NSOU Kolkata FAQs
Ques. Can I change my Study Centre of Netaji Subhash Open University?
Ques. I Lost my Enrolment-cum-Identity Card, what should I do?
Ques. Can I choose my Study Centre, or shall the university allot me the Study Centre?
Ques. How should I pay the course fee of Netaji Subhash Open University?
Ques. When and where should I submit the assignments?
Ques. I want to apply for M.com. I have scored 45% in my graduation. Am I eligible for Masters in commerce?
Ques. Where can I get the Application form for admission at NSOU?
Ques. I have completed my graduation from another state. Do I need to submit Migration Certificate for admission?
Ques. How many courses are offered at NSOU and which courses are popular?
Ques. What approvals and affiliations does NSOU have?