Senate Of Serampore College (University) is a university which was actually a college set up by the Danish Colonists in Serampore, West Bengal. The university was established as a college in 1818 by Danish Pioneer Christian missionaries – William Carey, Joshua Marshman and William Ward for the instruction of Indian youth in Christianity and the Sciences but in 1827 the college was incorporated by the Royal Charter granted by Danish King Frederick VI with University power under the control of an Independent Council. The president of the Council is the Master of the college. The college was affiliated to the newly formed Calcutta University in 1858. In 1910 a reorganization of the college was begun. It was reorganized on the lines laid down by the original founders under the direct control of the College Council and by the appointment of qualified Theological staff and the opening of Higher Theological Classes on an interdenominational basis.All programmes available are theological in nature and are catered to the pastrol and professional needs of the non-Roman Catholic churches in India.