Visva Bharati University - [VBU] Quick Updates
Visva Bharti University Quick Updates
July 5: Visva Bharti University cancels Final Semester written Exams.
July 04: Examination Datesheet for 2020 has now been released. Check Here
June 23: Visva-Bharati University has decided to postpone all examinations till further orders due to Coronavirus Pandemic.
June 4: Even semester exams, Revised Academic Calendar and Examination Schedule released. Check Here
Founded by the Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, Visva Bharti University is located at Santiniketan, West Bengal. The government funded autonomous University has 10 sub- institutes under it. These institutes of higher education are renowned for excellence in their respective fields. The University offers numerable courses at certificate, graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
Facts and Figures
Year of Establishment
UGC (University Grants Commission)
Main Campus Area
Santiniketan, West Bengal, India, Pin 731235
Viswa Bharti University Courses
The university provides numerous undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the field of
- humanities and social sciences
- Sciences, Music, dance & drama
- Fine arts, Rural reconstruction
- Agriculture, Education
- Physical Education
- Yogic art & science etc.
To check detailed Visva Bharti University courses and fee, click here.
Vishwa Bharti University UG Courses
Admissions in the Viswa Bharti University in various courses at undergraduate level are accepted in the fields described above. The undergraduate courses offered by the university are of 3 or 4 years of duration, depending on the particular course. The eligibility criteria for admission in Visva bharti University UG courses is given below.
To know about admission process click here.
- Admissions in the Visva Bharti University are accepted on the basis of merit list.
- The candidates who have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate and 60% in the respective subject at +2 level are eligible to apply.
Visva Bharti University PG Courses
The university offers a postgraduate degree in various specializations. These courses are of 2-year duration and the basic eligibility is as follows.
- The University conducts Test for admission in the postgraduate programs of various disciplines.
- The exam for a particular department is conducted by the Bhavana under which the department fells. The marks secured in this written Admission Test are the criteria of admission. The admission is merit-based.
- For candidates of the general category, the qualifying marks are 30% for General candidates whereas for the eligibility for candidates belonging to OBC categories is 27%.
- For candidates belonging to SC & ST categories, there is no minimum qualifying marks requirement in the test conducted by the university.
Visva Bharati University Ph.D. and M. Phill courses
The Viswa Bharti University offers Ph.D. and M.Phill course onboard. The course duration M. Phill course duration is 2 years and for Ph.D. duration is three years, which include coursework. The basic eligibility criteria are described below.
- Admission in the university is accepted on the basis of UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship or the test conducted by the University for admission in the Ph.D. and M. Phill courses.
- Where applicants seeking admission to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. programmes of Visva Bharti University must also qualify the following requirements.
- A Master’s degree or a professional degree equivalent to the Master’s with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ /Differently-abled and other categories.
Visva Bharti University Scholarships
A number of scholarships and fellowships are offered to the students studying at the Visva Bharti University, West Bengal. These include
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST/SC candidates
- post-doctoral fellowship for women
- UGC NET JRF/SRF
- Postgraduate Indira Gandhi scholarship for single girl child
. Apart from these scholarships, merit-based scholarships are offered to candidates of all courses.