Updated On - February 6th 2018
Founded in 2003, Akkamahadevi Women’s University Karnataka, famously known as Karnataka State Women's University (KSWU) has seventy women’s colleges affiliated to it. The university offers various UG and PG programmes under the departments of humanities, social science, science, and technology etc. along with several Diploma as well as Certificate courses. KSWU is also recognized from DEC and offers several courses through distance learning mode across India and abroad.
KSWU UG & PG Admissions
The university offers multiple UG and PG programmes such as B.Ed, B.P.Ed, MBA, MCA and M.Com under different departments. In addition to it, MA and M.Sc programmes are also available in various subjects including English, Sociology, Chemistry, Biotechnology etc. The candidate who satisfies the relevant eligibility criteria can register themselves by obtaining the concerned application form and submitting it upon completion along with the prescribed fee. Students will be shortlisted for all courses (except MBA and MCA) on the basis of their qualifying degree merit whereas, in case of MBA and MCA, entrance examination will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority.
KSWU Ph.D. Admissions
In addition to UG and PG programmes, the university also offers doctoral course i.e. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in various disciplines viz. arts, commerce, science, technology, education and several others. Admission to research programme is done on the basis of qualifying examination merit as well as performance in the entrance examination conducted by the university followed by an interview round. Those seeking admission can obtain the application form online from the official university website or through the post. Duly filled-in applications should be submitted along with processing fee to the university office within the stipulated time.
KSWU M.Phil Admissions
The university offers M.Phil programme to eligible candidates in multiple streams including arts, commerce, science, technology, and education. Final selection of students for the course will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test and the interview conducted by the Karnataka examination authority (KEA). Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can register themselves by obtaining the concerned application form and submitting it upon completion along with the prescribed fee on or before the last date.
The university follows semester system for all its courses viz. Odd and Even semester. End semester examinations for different UG, PG, and Research programmes are conducted in different months for the odd semester and even semesters. Results for the same are usually uploaded on the official university website within several weeks from the examinations.
Candidates can check their final semester results for regular courses offered by KSWU from the official university website by following the given steps:
- Initially, students should log on to the official university website and click on the “Results” tab visible at the left top corner of the homepage
- Instantly, a list of all the recently declared results will be displayed on the next page such as MA English, Bachelor of Commerce etc. Candidates should enter their Register/ Roll Number and select the Year/ Semester from the drop-down list
- Upon clicking the “Go” button, candidate’s individual result will be displayed on the screen. Then, student can save and take a print out of it for future correspondence
About the University
Karnataka State Women's University (KSWUB), Bijapur was constructed by an act of Government of Karnataka in 2003. It is dedicated exclusively to women’s education and is the sixth such university in India. The university comprises of 3 women’s colleges spread in 13 districts of North – Karnataka offering UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate courses. Additionally, M.Phil and Ph.D. programs are also in the curriculum.
Facts & Figures:
January 23, 2004
Karnataka State Universities (Amendment) Act No.33, 2003
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Sharada Vikas Trust
University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA
RV Center for Cognitive Technology, Bangalore
An Evaluation of PRI program of Bagalkot District
‘Gaana Lahari’ (Music School)
HP Life Training Center
Computer Center & Software Technology Park
Paper Recycling Technology Center
‘Jnanashakti’ (university owned campus)
How to Reach
10 Km from city by Road
Why join the University?
- For students willing to pursue MA, M.Phil, Ph.D. and PG Diploma in Translation, The University provides various useful study materials and Research programs at the Department of Kannada receives a special grant of Rs 1 crore for the development of Kannada language
- For students who want to pursue M. Sc, M. Phil, Ph.D., The University offers regular training and workshop sessions through BIF center (established with the assistance of DBT, Ministry of Science & Tech Govt. of India). The BIF center houses modern Research equipment and Digital amenities
- The University offers distance education in various subjects at UG and PG levels under the Directorate of Correspondence Courses. The Directorate also coordinates with IGNOU, New Delhi, by offering IGNOU study programs